June 2018 Moms

Randoms • w/o 3/26

Re: Randoms • w/o 3/26

• @catlady1215 Did you watch? Short version, they did keep a good part of her personality in the reboot - it's just more noticeable now. She's always been Republican. {when you get a chance, if you're curious on her as a person - there's a few interviews that are pretty recent}
  • @LaceyBee522 - The one coming out in May is a novella I believe.  According to Goodreads there are more full length novels coming as well though.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @mytinc I haven’t read her other series either. Maybe that will be a good one to get into for MOTN baby feeding sessions. 

@LaceyBee522 thanks for the author reco’s! I love finding new reads from others with similar taste. If you haven’t read KMM’s Fever series that I mentioned in my earlier post I would highly recommend it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mytinc The Sword of Glass series started off great - it just went on too long. I think the story line changed so much it sort of lost its way and I lost interest. @2589 I felt the same way about the Fever series. I just kind of stopped reading after book 5 (I think).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @misskittydanger I tried.. then fell asleep cause we started it after 10 lol. what I saw looked pretty good! her acting looks alittle... ehh, not as natural I guess you could say? but maybe it'll come with time. everyone elses was great.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 They addressed a few things in funny ways, and it def still had the same feel in general as before. My H didn't understand why I was laughing at a few points since "it wasn't that funny" but it's honestly the way they joked about the prior series moments. {ie; about Dan at the beginning lol}
  • @catlady1215 @MissKittyDanger I watched the old episodes of Roseanne, but was never a HUGE fan. We just happened to watch it last night and I thought it was great. I loved the way they handled bringing everyone back together. I love Dan - I forgot how much I love John Goodman. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe this is an UO- I'm not a fan of Roseanne. Not the show, not the actress, just not. Maybe it's her personality? I do like John Goodman though. 
  • Agree with others Roseanne Barr is a crazy person. Her politics make no sense. Still love the movie She-Devil, though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I like how they're trying to show the learning curb our parents are learning given gender stereotypes. It didn't surprise me at all with Dan's reaction to Darlene's son, and how blunt Roseanne was with asking him stuff.
  • @sunshineandwhiskey good to see you! That is a lot on your plate right now. Hope things are starting to look up!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey I'm sorry you've had such a stressful couple weeks/months! Hopefully life will start to settle down again before your LO gets here. We also owe taxes this year (first time ever) and it's definitely an added stress. Not gonna file until the last possible day because I'm not looking forward to parting with $1200. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @sunshineandwhiskey Welcome back! I also am just returning from lurker status after a bout of pneumonia, so I'm with you on catching up. Hope life settles down for you soon!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @sunshineandwhiskey so sorry things have been crazy. hope things start calming down for you.

@amphibious22 same. I sometimes see myself sitting out of big ol convos here cause I'm scared of lurkers. a lot of people I know know of the bump. and to them, they'd know who I am pretty easily.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @2589 @Amphibious22 @MoonOverGoldsboro @catlady1215 Thanks ladies! <3

@Amphibious22 Same here!!  We are trying to sell one of our cars first, and we won't file until we absolutely have to.  It was our first year owing as well.  Craziness!  

@MoonOverGoldsboro yikes!  I hope you are feeling better!  I had bronchitis two weeks ago, and I thought for sure I was on the pneumonia track too 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey - hey girl hey! 

Sorry you’ve been having a stressful time. Hoping things calm down and find a way to work themselves out. Glad to have you back :) 
  • amys614amys614 member
    edited March 2018
    Good to see you back @sunshineandwhiskey ! Hope things start to look up from here!

I haven't filed my taxes yet. It's on the list I just made that contains 29 items of isht I need to do.  :|

Edited: bc I can't type
  • Welcome back @sunshineandwhiskey - I was on an almost 3 week Bump break when work got crazy and I was traveling a lot between offices and time zones.  Sometimes it's hard to jump back in.  I know I probably missed some good random posts and BMB drama from other months.  ;) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Welcome back! Hopefully all the stress will back off and you can relax for awhile.
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Welcome back! It sounds like it has been bananas for you. 

@MoonOverGoldsboro Happy you are back, as well! I'm sorry to hear you had pneumonia. Glad you're feeling better. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ahh, @Austenista sorry I'm being so judgey! I get it, especially if you aren't planning to participate in the forums. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I didn't think you were being judgy! I agree that it's a terrible idea! I'm just admitting to my idiocy. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For those that also follow BirthTube @BurlapandLace @catlady1215 (?), for once I would really like to see them keep filming for the third stage of labor. I get how the baby comes out but I am really curious and want to see the placenta being delivered. I know its not as beautiful and emotional but it's a part of the process. 

Additionally, if anyone has any videos or resources regarding 3rd stage, LMK!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Currently looking on amazon for a floor length sundress for sunday. DH local family (basically distant cousins) always have a crawfish boil on easter afternoon. I know if i dont order something I’ll regret it bc nothing fits, and all the maternity stuff i have is for work except one pair of jeans. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @krashke I saw one from Monday where a 9TM had her placenta removal filmed. She had issues with the membranes breaking apart so it was a long process that they showed mostly to the end, not all the way but it was a good idea of what to expect! Sandy Oser video if curious.
  • @stephcat421 THANK YOU! I will look for it!
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @catlady1215 that's a constant discussion here. My 5yo DD caught sight of one of her male classmates going potty and now she constantly wants to talk about how boys stand and why doesn't brother stand and does Dad hold himself like that when he goes etc. 
    I want to be honest and blunt, but I also cringe and want to never talk about it lol. I try to be straight forward with it, but oh my word. 
  • I just called the after office service at the OB because I’m concerned I may have a blood clot behind my right knee. Waiting to hear if I should go to L&D tonight and trying not to google too much. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 oh no, thinking of you! Good luck, hopefully it's normal cramp! Fx!
  • @dinodna3 oh I hope not! Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krashke - the birth that just finished up going live - they came on with a part 2/post birth live of the after birth :)  
  • @dinodna3 - thinking of you! Keep us updated