Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 3/26

Let's get this board going again!! 

Anything you're looking forward to this week?

Anything you may be dreading this week?

GTKY: Are you doing anything to celebrate Easter? Or do you have any traditions?
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Weekly Chat 3/26

• Looking forward to: hmm...I would say work (was on vacation 13th-21st), but that's not happening today, see below.

Dreading: not getting to work  :D DS has a cold with a fever so had to keep him home today. DH has training classes he can't miss, so I'm the one staying home. We'll have to keep him home tomorrow as well, hopefully better by Thursday!

GTKY: I'll be singing in the church choir. Friday we're doing a Tenebrae service and then performing a couple songs Easter morning. Aside from that, we'll spend the day with my dad and sister. I'm thinking I may prepare some eggs for us to dye either today or tomorrow once DH is home from work. Since I'm home I figure I can boil the eggs so they're ready at least!

This board was so active over the summer! I know a few of us have moved to TTGP, but I know there's other ladies out there with BOTB! This board was a great comfort to me while we waited to start TTC, I'm hoping we can get it going again and help out some other ladies :) 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Thanks for starting @CecilB93! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you. How was your vacation?

Anything you're looking forward to this week? Having a holiday on Friday!

Anything you may be dreading this week? Trying to get ahead on work with zero motivation.

GTKY: Are you doing anything to celebrate Easter? Or do you have any traditions?
    Yes! The Easter Bunny will come to our house for DS. We will have a big turkey dinner with my mom.
    Will probably try to see my dad's side of the family over the weekend too. Maybe Friday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kristah2 it was great! Thanks for asking! We got to go visit my great aunt and uncle that I've never met before (85 and 88!!) so that was awesome! And the Royals won the game we attended, woo!! So neat that you're having the Easter Bunny come visit DS at home!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 there is nothing better then having your team win when you attend a live game! Makes the money worth it!
    I'm so excited for the Easter Bunny to come! We have a few little eggs I'll probably fill with puffs (He's only 17 months) and a little basket for him with some treats.
    He's also getting a train table! We usually wouldn't do big gifts for Easter but we wanted to get him one anyway so may as well make it a holiday gift. He's going to be SO excited!
  • Thanks for starting this @CecilB93. I’m home with LO too. Luckily I was able to arrange some stuff to work on from home, so I don’t have to burn a sick day.

Anything you're looking forward to this week?
    Getting my nexplanon removed on Friday, and weekend bbq’s.

Anything you may be dreading this week?
    Not as much now. I had 2 moles removed yesterday and was not looking forward to it, but it wasn’t as bad as I expected and I’m so relieved to not have to worry about them anymore.

Dh and I aren’t religious, so we usually don’t do anything, but after some thinking I’m going to do an Easter basket for DD.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Hi everyone!! We’re on a trip for spring break this week so I haven’t posted much!

Anything you're looking forward to this week? We’re on vacation so just enjoying every day! Waiting to hear back from this job - they said it could take all week for a decision.

Anything you may be dreading this week? I guess getting a rejection from the job I’ve been interviewing for - ready to just find out and move on either way!

GTKY: Are you doing anything to celebrate Easter? Or do you have any traditions? Not really any traditions but I’m sure we will start some once we have kids of our own! We used to do egg hunts and Easter baskets and all that when we were kids.

@CecilB93 sorry to hear DS is sick! Hope he feels better.
    @kristah2 Sounds like the Easter bunny will be fun!
    @meggyme that’s great you were able to work from home! I’m hoping for more flexibility with this new job if I end up getting it. Fingers crossed!
  • @meggyme ugh I wish I could work from home, it's just not feasible with my position. I keep wanting to save my PTO and Sick Leave for future maternity leave, and it's only March and I've used too much!! Part of that was our big trip (I'm required to use 5 days consecutively, so necessary). I'm hoping we can keep it minimal the rest of the year, DH has a better leave situation than I (he can earn "credit leave").

@dogmomma271 yay for vacation! That was us last week! FX for the job!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• You guys are making me SO excited for my vaca!
  • I am looking forward to my long weekend. My boss very sweetly gives us Good Friday and Easter Monday off. Some hardcore gaming will be taking place this weekend!

Although I love them, I am slightly dreading my fiance's family descending on us for dinner. They are many; they are loud; they take a lot of energy. It will be fun though. There will be plenty of inappropriate jokes and good food.

GTKY: Are you doing anything to celebrate Easter? Or do you have any traditions? My fiance's mom has a dinner at her place and we hide big easter eggs for the little ones in the family. It is very cute, watching them run all over the yard.

@CecilB93 I hope I am not overstepping here. I did not realize that this was just for women waiting to conceive. The WTO board was pretty quiet so I went in search of others. I love dying eggs! Have fun this weekend!

@kristah2 Sending some virtual energy for work your way! Have all the fun on your vacation!

@meggyme I am jealous that you are having a bbq! It is still too wintery here for that. Enjoy!

@dogmomma271 Fx for the job!
  • @meri-mac welcome to BOTB!
    Jealous you get Monday off too! Just Friday here but I am so looking forward to it!!
  • @kristah2 Thanks! I was quite surprised, but my boss is pretty awesome about those things. He is absolutely insistent about vacation days and sick time. He doesn't even track sick time; his view is "If you are sick, stay home and don't worry about it." More bosses should be like this.
  • Oh my god I wish more were like that! I had strep throat and my boss basically didn't believe me. He also tried to get away without paying Christmas / New Years stats. 
    He's a treat.
  • I wish more companies had policies like that. If I had to take sick time for all the appts and days off for me and my DD, I’d be taking unpaid leave halfway through the year. Luckily I can sometimes work from home, like today and my regular work schedule is pretty flexible with leaving for appts.
  • We should probably start coming up with April siggy ideas. It’s already the last week of March!
  • @meri-mac not at all! I think you can have BOTB regardless of where in your journey you are. I myself am actively TTC, but I know while I was waiting this board was a great support for me. A lot of BOTB posters are waiting for whatever reason, but at one point we had our own WTO/TWW/BFP thread going! To me, the more the merrier! I feel like this board isn't utilized enough, but I get that it's not a "major" board.

@meggyme maybe jokes gone wrong? Rain showers? Idk, lol. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I like jokes gone wrong.

I agree a lot of the boards are under utilized. For one, I wish the working mom board was more regularly active instead of everyone just asking how to tell their bosses they’re pregnant or complaining about maternity leave. That was a transition I struggled with, and still do.
  • kristah2kristah2 member
    edited March 2018
  • @CecilB93 I know that I get tunnel vision in a sense for the TTC boards, but I am trying to branch out. 
  • I used to have a bunch that I would check: military families, breastfeeding, working mom, whatever age group board DD was in. But there were rarely ever new posts, so now I only do it when I’m really bored.
  • @meggyme I used to check breastfeeding and cloth diapers, but like you said, rarely any posts. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I like jokes gone wrong. I have had enough of precipitation :tired_face:
  • @meri-mac we have a chance of snow on Sunday  :o though we haven't had a ton of snow this year, I don't want it in April!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I am with you! I just took my puppy for a walk down the beach wearing only a light spring jacket. I don't want to have to go back to scarves, hats and mittens like a Robert Munsch story!