Infertility

APRIL FET

Re: APRIL FET

• @roisis @J1006 Woohoo finally AF has arrived!!! 

I feel like the party on this board is finally getting started! 

Is everyone taking a couple days off for transfer? My doctor mentioned def the day of but also the following day, but the nurse yesterday was very casual and said the day after just light activity but don't have to be as calm as day of. I'm conflicted to take the following day off or not. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• J1006J1006 member
    @kristimh80 I’m taking transfer day off and that’s it. My transfer is a Thursday and my Friday schedule that week is an easier day at work for me so I decided to just take the one day.
  • Loading the player...
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited March 2018
    @mcgeeva Yup! Where there’s a will there’s a way!! I watch those videos and I say to myself if they can do it, I can do it!!

@j1006 YAY for CD1!!! 
  • @kristimh80 :D:D:D:D OMG that’s AMAZING!! I guess It’s a “thing”! That just made my day!! Thank you  <3
  • @kristimh80 I think I'll just take the one day - my clinic hasn't advised any further time off.
    Also - AHAHAHAHA - LOVE IT :smiley::wink::smiley: I'm totally sharing that with DH :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Hey all... I came on here and saw 28 new messages...Mind. Blown!

I'm going to answer in order, so if someone else has already answered, I'm doubling down and piggy backing!! lol

@morganelizabeth123 Yup! Most betas are 9DP5DT (though some are 11...check your clinic)
    shae44 ugh! I hope those durn cycsts go away! C'mon AF!
    artemis618 Yup! They made me trigger.... When I got a pos OPK I went in for BW and they told me when to trigger... basically it can be a day or so from your first pos OPK to when you actually ovulate. I'm not sure why they made me do it... maybe to make sure I DID ovulate (since sometimes ppl don't). That endometrin was SO gross... I don't blame you for not wanting it. I'm doing PIO this time so maybe i'll be wishing for the suppositories 
    roisis  Yay for AF! OMG... fingers crossed you don't get delayed!
    J1006 Another girl starting!!! I felt like it was going to take forever, and now here we are!!!
    kristimh80 I'm definitely taking transfer day... last time I went back to work the next day and it was fine... but if my transfer is a Thursday, I'm sure as heck taking that Friday too! :) I am literally DYING over your meme!!! LOLOL

• @ndz2018 Haha You're welcome! You're the 1st person I thought of when I saw it! Hopefully things are getting better :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @ndz2018 @kristimh80 Yup - my DH loved it too :)
    We're currently going through our FET consent forms - so many things you must accept can go wrong..... :worried:
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @roisis Like??? Maybe we signed them with our IVF package ? because no one has said anything to me about consent forms for FET.. at least not yet.
  • J1006J1006 member
    @ndz2018. We just signed ours today. The main part of ours was if we were transferring male, female, or highest quality as well as the number we are transferring. It also goes over that it’s not a guarantee that it results in a pregnancy and that there’s a possibility that the embryo might not survive the thaw. We also had to sign another form verifying our whole retrieval (how many eggs retrieved, how many mature, how many embryos biopsied, etc) as well as how many frozen embryos are currently in the lab. My clinic makes me sign a form for literally everything so you may have signed everything up front. 

• ndz2018 said:
    @roisis Like??? Maybe we signed them with our IVF package ? because no one has said anything to me about consent forms for FET.. at least not yet.

Normally you have to complete FET consent forms before or at first monitoring after AF (you can do it before, but its totally fine to do it then.) You should see if the nurse can email you the FET consents ahead of time so its a quicker process. I think normally you have to re sign for each new procedure 
  • @ndz2018 I just signed mine yesterday at my lining check since had to be in front of someone at the clinic. If your doctor does the IVF Portal, you maybe able to find them in there as well or can check to see if already signed.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• roisis said:
    @ndz2018 @kristimh80 Yup - my DH loved it too :)
    We're currently going through our FET consent forms - so many things you must accept can go wrong..... :worried:
    its so squicky to sign off on what to do with the embies if (tw) someone dies or you get divorced... here you are planning the most awesome possible future and they are like: sign right here in case of disaster :(
  • @kristimh80 I am just doing one day for the transfer. Last time I felt fine really quickly.
    My husband had to sign a new consent form for the FET, which just said that he allows me to use our embryos. He had to get it notarized. They said that if he couldnt be there that day that they wouldnt do the transfer without that form. I dont know why he didnt have to do that for the fresh cycle, I dont see what the difference is on that front.
  • Hello! I'm a little new to the board... I'm getting ready to start a stim cycle and do a fresh transfer in the middle/ end of April. It's my first IVF cycle. I got my drugs delivered today..... 
  • @morganelizabeth123 Interesting! We had one page that needed to be signed in front of a notary or someone from the clinic. I'm guessing my clinic has a notary on hand maybe, but we also had to have them done or couldn't do it either. 

@dragonette505 Ugh I had to sign those things right before retrieval. I was like ugh WTH, I have enough decisions to be making, not wanting to think of all that too!

@roadrunnerrita Welcome!! Best of luck to you!!! There is also an April IVF board you can also join for those going thru retrieval at the same time as well :) This board is mainly those doing frozen transfers...but you're welcome to still hang out since your transfer is still in April <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Why have I not heard of these consent forms yet?? I mean we are still 2 weeks away from transfer but still it’d be nice if I knew before hand if my H 100% has to be there.. as much as I’d love him to and he would want to be there he does own a company and things do come up ALL THE TIME, so yeah I’d be nice to have a heads up ya know? Guess I’ll ask 
  • Welcome @roadrunnerrita!!!  That box of meds was super intimidating when I first saw it but once you get the hang of it you’ll be a pro!!  
  • J1006J1006 member
    @roadrunnerrita. Welcome!! I remember I freaked out when I kept pulling drugs and needles out of my first box of meds. You will for sure get the hang of it!  I was terrified of getting any sort of shot/blood draw before this and it definitely cured my phobia. I even gave myself my Lupron shot in the car yesterday since DH and I were traveling. 

• ndz2018 said:
    @kristimh80 I just sent That to my h and this was his response  :D
    Hahaha, your H made me LOL. 

On the forms... maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I love all that form stuff. It really sets my imagination off. I just think: "What could have happened?!"  :p

@morganelizabeth123 - that's so interesting about the notarized form! "They said that if he couldnt be there that day that they wouldnt do the transfer without that form."

You know, the rates of divorce and marital discord are so high when couples are dealing with IF. I 100% bet the situation has come up for your clinic. Like the couple was splitting but the woman was like: "I don't care if you want to break up, I'm doing the transfer without you!" LOL. I would be lying if I said I didn't understand her reasoning.  ;):p

@dragonette505 - At my clinic, if one of us dies, they will destroy the embryos unless the deceased has a specific provision in their will. I was like: "Honey, you need a will!" Pretty sure if something were to happen to me, my H would be like: "Ok, I guess I'm not having kids." If something happened to him though, I'd be like: "Transfer away!!" 

I'm very open with DH about all this. He's like: "I don't think any of this is going to happen."
  • Ah FFS - I can't believe this - I'm feckin benched for another month. I spent the last hour quietly crying and now I'm just p*ssed off. There's a stupid big cyst on my left ovary and I have to have it drained before they'll implant. In 5 years of treatments and getting stupid transvaginal ultrasounds I've never actually had a stupid cyst - and now - there the fecker is. I know it's only a month - but I'm just so bitterly disappointed. This means I'll be transferring in May - which is exactly a year since my last FET - and I SWORE I wouldn't let it get to a year. This whole bloody year has been one delay after another and I swear to god, I've just had it at this stage. I'm just so angry (at no-one obviously - just stupidly angry!!) Actually no - I'm angry at myself - I'm angry at my stupid body that just keeps letting me down - and my stupid brain that keeps forgetting this and getting me all excited and prepared. I should have realised this was a possibility - but I really didn't.

I'm sorry ladies - but I'll most likely bow out of this group for a bit. I wish you all the very best - and I'll drop in to check in on you <3<3<3 
    (maybe someone else would like to share/include in their siggy the spreadsheet link so ye can still easily keep track of each other: AprilFETSpreadsheet)

Also - didn't mean to stress anyone with the consent forms. I believe each clinic is different - my clinic actually introduced new forms since last year so we had to fill in those (and yes they have all those clauses about what if one/both of you die/get divorced/get re-married - it's kinda like deciding who has custody!). The FET is largely about signing that you accept the general risks - largely the same as for IVF. @ndz2018 - just check with your clinic - if they haven't given you one it's probably not an issue. Like @kristimh80 we have to both sign the last page in front of a member of staff - this is for both of us to officially consent to the thawing of that embryo - once DH is present for that he doesn't have to be there for the transfer (unless I'm sedated and need company home). Not that any of that feckin matters for me this month now (hummmmmmmpppphhhhh :angry::angry:)

Anyway, I really wish all you lovely ladies all the best - Go Forth and Multiply!!! <3<3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @roisis That really sucks!! I’m so sorry doll! I know the disappointment of getting delayed but think of it as you’d like to make it the best possible environment for your embryo... I had To convince myself this numerous times when they pushed me back to April. We’ll be here if you wanna pop in for a chat! GO AWAY STUPID CYST!  
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited March 2018
    @roisis Oh my goodness, I'm so very very sorry!!! I wish there was something I could say to make everything better. Please let us know if you need anything, we are always here if you need vent or need someone to talk to. ((hugs))

Well today's 1st PIO was quite comical. I saw people warmed there's in their bra, etc so I attempted that. Guess someone should have clarified the actual bottle, not syringe. I threw in my bra, and when I pulled it out the syringe was empty. So have one progesterone boob today  :D 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 :D I plan on warming it in a heating pad.. all the videos I’ve watched showed them putting it in the syringe first them in the heating pad. How was it? Did it hurt? 
  • kristimh80  It feels so weird to be signing that stuff! lol. LOL on your pio! You are so close to transfer!!! Its cray!
    roadrunnerrita Hi, as everyone says, youre welcome to hang out here (since you will be hearing about the second half of your cycle), But I do strongly suggest you plant your flag in the April IVF forum... Theres a big difference between the protocols of IVF and FET, and the time frames are pretty different too. At the point you will need to be focusing on growing eggs, we will be really just focused on our lining and the 2ww. Most fresh transfer first timers definitely lurk in fet threads though just to get a heads up :)
    ndz2018 I would just outright ask.... it may be you don't need to (though that would be surprising) it may be they are ASSUMING your hubs will be there and they'll get it done on transfer day. In the case of my last clinic and current clinic they wanted these consents on baseline day so you don't have to wade through a bunch of dumb stressful forms on a day when ALL your energy needs to go to transfer and implantation. FYI... I DID have a wee bit of paperwork to sign on transfer day to do with which embies were thawed and how many remained.
    J1006 I have done 2 microdose Lupron IVF cycles, so it  the one thing I'm pretty confident in giving myself
    funkykey  My hubs said he might get a surrogate if I die because he would want a part of me to still be around (so morbid, but still a bit sweet). If both of us die we have added my sister as embryo executor and she can decide (again... surrogate or destroy or donate).
    roisis  UGH! I cant believe it! That sux.... I feel you though... I'm still on the hot seat to see if my thyroid issues resolve... if they don't and the numbers aren't great, I may still be cancelled. It sux that these things never seem  to just go as they should :(:(   I would take over the chart, but since I'm possibly in the same boat, it doesn't make sense :(:(

• @ndz2018 I'll try the heating pay method next time. I didn't have a needle on it so it just dripped out! There's your warning...do it with needle attached! lol It didn't hurt, I have on leggings today, so pulled them down some and it naturally pinched that area. All my fat is usually in my hips / butt, so that probably helped. It did take me a couple of tries b/c the needle is larger, but for me, I just slowing put it in. I didn't have the nerve to jab it in like everyone always says to do. 

@dragonette505 It's very surreal to think about. I think I'm still in denial that it's happening. Feels just like the usual...more drugs and shots! If I could shake this cold my lovely DH gave me, I'd probably be more excited lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 Ooh you did it yourself ???

@dragonette505 I’ve gotta go in Friday morning for BW and US again so I’ll ask them then if there is consent forms on the day of the transfer or not. 
  • @roisis I am so sorry to hear that you are delayed. Delays are the worst. Its like, havent we all been delayed enough already?
  • J1006J1006 member
    @roisis Nooooo!  I’m so sorry!!! 

@kristimh80 haha. That’s hilarious!  But I swear ive seen YouTube people do the same haha. My office told me just to hold it in your hand for a bit or under your arm pit.  Yay! For doing it on your own!  When I did my trigger shot I went slow too. I was nervous that I would jab it fast and them miss the target area. 

@dragonette505 this is my second round with Lupron so I’ve become very comfortable with these shots. We were with my in laws this weekend and my BIL was asking about my shots. I showed him the needle and he was like, you put that whole thing in you! Haha. I should have brought a PIO needle to show him. 
  • kristimh80  I'll be excited for you!!!! lol and hopefully the cold goes away so your body can focus on embie!
    ndz2018  yeah... just don't want you to have any unpleasant surprises, and trust me, because my scheduling nurse can tend to be a lame-o, Ive learned these things can get overlooked
    J1006    its honestly the easiest needle ive dealt with. Yeah, don't show him that PIO needle!!       

• My husband offered to help with the shot, but I'm a control freak and figure I've done everything else myself...I can't give up now! Least it's in a good fatty area, so moreless painless, just frightening to look at!

@ndz2018 Yay..I'm excited for your appt this Friday!! FX lining is where it should be <3

@dragonette505 Thank you!! I'm never sick, so I'm giving DH a pity party just b/c I can lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• laurengon82laurengon82 member
    edited March 2018
    @roisis sorry to hear that you are benched.  :(
  • Would anyone be willing to add my info to the spreadsheet?  I am still unable to edit.

next appt 4/4
    age 35
    cd1 3/15
    protocol Lupron, Estridol tabs and patch, PIO and Endometrin inserts
    snowbabies 3
    gender transferring unknown 
    FET date 4/10
    dx PCOS
  • @laurengon82 I added it! See if I put The info In correctly  :)

@kristimh80 You’re my inspiration to do them myself now :)
  • @roisis Noooooo! I'm sorry for yet another delay. IF sucks ass (excuse my French). I really hope your cyst takes a long walk off a short pier, and soon! I'm so sorry,  lady.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @J1006 @dragonette505 - do you think you'll take beta day off? That's the hard one for me, figuring out whether or not to take off beta day.

@roisis - UGH!!! No!!!! Ugh. I had a cyst once, and I started to cry right there with the ultrasound wand still in. It's so painful, the wait like that. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I'd be angry too. Thinking of you.

@kristimh80 - OMG, did you inject pio in your boob? Did I read that wrong?

@dragonette505 - I think that's sweet of your husband, about the embryos.
  • I keep contemplating that.... I think this time I might... I'll be honest, last FET for some reason I didn't even consider it not working... but I dunno... I guess after such a rough year, I'm more fragile. I think I might do it... take a personal day and just be alone if its bad news or luxuriate in the good news if I'm lucky. How bout you? 
  • @funkykey Haha no...I didn't put the needle on because I thought I was being "smart". Was thinking it was like when I did Q-caps, where you wouldn't have to worry about leakage lol

@dragonette505 That's my plan. I can't imagine being at work and getting that call either way

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019