October 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 3/26

All stolen from Sunday...

Your "ticker change day" is the day you switch over to being another full week pregnant (ie: 10 weeks instead of 9 weeks and 6 days).

1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?

2.  How are you feeling?

3.  Any appointments coming up?

4.  Rants/raves/questions?

5.  GTKY:  If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3/26

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 11 weeks - lime

2.  How are you feeling? 
    shitty, but it doesn’t have to do with pregnancy. I’m very slowly getting over the flu. I’ve almost forgotten I was pregnant. 

Ultrasound with my actual doctor tomorrow.

I wonder how many times I have to watch Moana before I’ll snap. 50? 100? 

5.  GTKY:  If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be? 
    Don’t skip classes, idiot. The band doesn’t go anywhere. Yes, it’s fun, but you will want to be a lawyer one day, and getting by on just the LSAT is NOT AN OPTION FOR YOU. 
  • 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 9 weeks today, baby is the size of a cherry

2.  How are you feeling? 
    moody, still pretty nauseous but my vomiting is down to mostly once a day. Tiredness is pretty awful and I’ve got some pretty nasty congestion, not sure if DD gave it to me or if it’s pregnancy related

no but last week I got an extra ultrasound for spotting. Pretty sucky reason to go in but a huge relief to see the Bean happy and healthy in there

I’m gonna take a risk and sound crazy but I swear I feel stuff in there. Sometimes it’s flutter mostly it’s stiffness in one side as though my uterus is pressed up against something 

i’d Tell her to relax. You’re literally going to get your dream job and you’ll love your life. You won’t get it now and it’s better this way. Also keep doing what you’re doing career wise because your building a bad ass resume. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited March 2018
    11 weeks. Size of a lime- I suppose the smaller ones lol.

2.  How are you feeling?
    Still nauseous all day and night, but it's better than week 9, and now I have 1 hour of relief when I wake up so I can work out again! Thankful my allergies are tapering off!

12 week appointment is next Monday. I believe we are doing the genetic screening then. 

rant: stuck in jury duty for the 2nd time in 7 months. They better not have an issue with me eating every 30 minutes!! 

Don't try to plan everything...when I was younger, I thought I'd be married by 24 and kids around 28. That actually turned into married at 26, and then the plan was to start trying for kids at 30. I'm currently 29 now, pregnant with my IUD baby so life sometimes has its own agenda! :)
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    13 weeks! The size of a lemon...or a clown fish.

2.  How are you feeling?
    Besides the round ligament pains that have creeped into my life, I feel pretty good. Wishing you ladies would stop feeling so sick and kick it with me in the last week of the first trimester!

Next one is 4/19.

I started a daily countdown to my last day of work today...

This is a great question. Probably...don't skip your freshmen (okay, and sophomore) year classes so often? And also spend less time worrying about boys. They're so dumb for like...at least 6 more years.
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    @kiwi2628 YES! My husband, bless his sweet little scientist heart, seriously agonizes over all decisions. I already have the name picked out, he just needs to jump on board, ya know?!
  • @Lisa3379 oh gosh I am so over Moana!

1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 9 weeks, a cherry

2.  How are you feeling? 
    Anxiety is hitting me hard. I was never this anxious with my first pregnancy but after IF I am always thinking something will go wrong. I’ve been trying to do some prenatal yoga and meditations to calm myself down. 

Last ultrasound at the RE on Wednesday before getting released to my midwife!

Went Easter shopping for DD at Target and went a bit overboard. And I may or may not have picked up a bunch of those caramel filled eggs for myself...

You are NOT fat!! Enjoy being young and love yourself. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930 at least Moana is a good movie, but every day, kid?! At least it allows me to get dinner going. And I’ve been anxious to get better so I can go Easter shopping - I’m almost out of jelly beans  :p
  • 5.  GTKY:  If you could give one piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would it be? You are NOT fat!! Enjoy being young and love yourself. 
    OMG - I wish I could tell my 18year old self that too!  I found one of my prom pictures about a week ago, and I was svelt and gorgeous.  Now, I’m lumpy.  :p

/ back to lurking from Wednesday. /
  • I love the GTKY question this week!

10 weeks, a strawberry!

2.  How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! I’ve perked up over the past couple of days, fewer waves of nausea and a little more energy. Let’s hope this trend continues!

Monthly check up on Thursday. No ultrasound til week 12 but I’m hoping my doctor will try the Doppler. I haven’t had an ultrasound since week 6 so I’m hoping everything’s still okay in there!

Just fully into the awkward stage where I’m starting to get uncomfortable in my normal clothes but maternity clothes are huge on me!  I’m on the hunt for an Easter dress that camouflages me a little bit.

Trust your gut.  Be yourself, and keep working hard. It pays off!
  • 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 9 weeks today-the size of a raspberry.

2.  How are you feeling? 
    So much better! I've been hospitalized 4 times over the past few weeks due to severe dehydration and malnutrition caused by hyperemesis gravidarum. Starting last Tuesday was the first time I was able to hold down any foods or fluids, things are going pretty steady ever since. I'm still feeling a little sluggish here and there though.

Yes, getting a sonogram tomorrow. I get so excited for each sono!

Next month will be the last birthday and Easter for DS as an only child. We always do whatever it is he wants for his birthday and I always go pretty far out for Easter just because it was his very first holiday about a week after being born. I really want to make this year extra special but I have honestly had no time to plan. I was so sick with the flu before even realizing I was pregnant, and then not long after getting over it I was diagnosed with the hyperemesis, so I have been dragging. Not to mention I've had to take a few unpaid weeks off work because of being so sick so the budget for his birthday will have to take a cut. And just to put the icing on the cake here, I got an unexpected job offer that I just could not refuse (great right). The only thing is the job starts right before his birthday and I won't be able to take the day off, so this will be the first time I've ever had to work on his birthday.

Okay okay, rant over! lol

I would honestly go back and tell myself to just slow down and not be such a workaholic! I got pregnant with DS a few weeks before turning 19 and it eventually gave me the chance to slow down. I was working full-time as well as being a full-time student throughout my pregnancy. The last day of classes was actually my due date, so I was putting in extra time to make sure I got everything done just in case. Long story short, I went back to work just a couple months after my son was born even though I really didn't want to leave him yet (I'd gotten a great new job though) but a family emergency caused me to leave my job and become a SAHM. I was able to take exactly one year to be home with DS and I loved it! Makes me sad though knowing I won't be able to take as much time off this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?
    9 weeks - cherry sized.
    2.  How are you feeling?
    Better! Less nausea and extreme fatigue - hopefully that keeps trending down.
    Nah, I had my COP on Friday and everything looked good.
    We told the big kids this weekend and they (my daughter especially) are so excited.
    chill out, slow down, and enjoy your metabolism, lol.
  • 1. 13 weeks yesterday, the size of a lemon

2. I feel great pregnancy wise, but I caught the crud from DH. My throat hurts, my nose is leaking like a faucet, and I feel pretty miserable. 

3. No. My next appointment is 4/20.

4. Finding child care is a little nuts. Apparently wait lists around here are 1.5-3 years long. 

5. Don’t be so self conscious! 
    13 weeks - size (length?) Of a lemon.

2.  How are you feeling?
    Same old. Tired. Mostly just tired.

None until mid April

I have had white spots on one of my tonsils for almost two weeks. OB didn't care at all. Had a PA I work with take a look. As far as we know it's not strep or stones. He said maybe viral or hormonal. It's bugging me that it's there and I don't know why!

I don't know about this one. Maybe have a plan B for college. 

9 weeks, size of a cherry

2.  How are you feeling?

Super nauseous, pretty anxious

Not for another week

Since this is a rainbow baby, we decided to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone (other than my mom who helps with drs appointments). Now I'm having a hard time waiting. Lol

Be patient, better things are coming soon.