Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Mon 3/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert?

Re: WTO Mon 3/26

• Month/Cycle: 14/12

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Nothing while AF is in town. 

R/R: Made a bit of a social blunder at work this morning and I am torturing myself for it. We are a very friendly and informal lot, but I may have pushed the boundaries with one of our lab techs by playfully tapping him on the back of the head for not complimenting a co-worker on her hair cut. He was already in a bad mood and I made it worse. So I have been internally chastising myself and feeling ashamed as usual. 

CS/Q: - 

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? 30 days without my phone. Not a problem. I usually only use it for texting my fiance and GPS. We are old school and still have a house phone so communication wouldn't be an issue. 
  • @meri-mac I'm definitely an " over analyze the situation after it has occurred" person as well. I'm sure he will forget about it sooner than later!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 18... and still waiting on a positive OPK. Any other late Oers out there?! UGH!

WAYDTGKU: Charting, PNVs, OPKs, Temping, HIO of course

R/R: Rant: Hoping to get my postive OPK soon. It's frustrating! Rave: Only 2 days of work this week then heading to the beach for a friend's wedding. Super excited!

CS/Q: Not too much to see.

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? Definitely 30 days without my phone. I can't imagine a life without sweets! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @meladams10 I don’t think I o’d til cd 23 or 24 so I’m right there with you.

@meri-mac I’m with @meladams10 . You’ll probably be upset about it way longer than he will. I’m a hot mess when it comes to socializing and I have to constantly stop myself from completely over analyzing every social situation. But I have found people are more forgiving of my awkward than I am of myself. You never know, he may be embarrassed he reacted poorly because of his bad mood.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: Opk, pnv, preseed

R/R: It’s mh ‘s birthday! I love birthdays. I’m making pasta and cupcakes and we’ll probably have some wine so it’ll be a nice evening. He’s upset that he’s “old” now though. :(

CS/Q: Hanging here for one more negative Opk then I’ll head to tww.

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert?
    30 days without my phone for sure. It would probably be hard for a few days but honestly it might be a relief to go back to simpler times (aka the 90s lol).
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited March 2018
    @meladams10 Thank you! I appreciate it (and may have been fishing for it to :) ) I use an app to calculate my O day and I think it has been off by two days this entire time. So I am later than I'd like. I have a new plan to try during the two days after the app predicts. Fx that will work and fx for your positive OPK. I can't imagine how frustrating it is. Burn off some of that at your friend's wedding.

@rosebud332 That is what I am repeating to myself. He reminds me of my older brother so that contributed to my "inappropriate" gesture. I hope YH has a great birthday despite the fact that he is "old" :) I am going to be thinking about spaghetti and cupcakes all day now. Fx for your TWW.
  • @rosebud332 Glad I'm not the only one! I have been taking OPKs since CD8 and I'm just over holding my pee and not drinking water! Happy Birthday to your DH! It sounds like you are going to give him a wonderful birthday! What's better than pasta, wine, and cupcakes?! 
    @meri-mac FF was definitely off for me for a couple months and I didn't know until I started using OPKs. Super glad that OPKs exist! Hopefully with your new strategy, you'll get a BFP!

Question: What is everyone's thoughts on alcohol intake during the FW/Ovulation period? 
  • @meladams10 The advice varies greatly from none when you are TTC to no heavy drinking. I remember seeing a study that said there were no adverse effects on children of women who drank during the TWW , but I am having difficulty finding that study. For my own situation, I have maybe a couple of beer during AF along with full caff coffee and stop during my FW and the TWW.
  • fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited March 2018
    Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opks, bd, charting

R/R: rant - see CD1. But, at least I know 1) I did ovulate and 2) my cycle wasn't a weird length, which are both good considering I was irregular before the pill.
    rave - it's gorgeous out today and supposed to get to spring temperatures this week! And I feel better about work and life in general after going back on my one med this weekend. And DH and I are having a date night tonight and making prime rib (or at least trying to for the first time!).

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

This is a hard one. On the one hand, I'm fairly addicted to my phone and going without dessert forever would definitely make it easier to lose weight. On the other hand, my family is big on the desserts and I've started developing my niche/role as the one who makes over the top decorated desserts for family parties/holidays. For example, I went from "I'll bring a lemon cake to Easter" to being in the store yesterday going "ooooh, I can bake two circle cakes, and cut the middle out of one and stack them, and add fondant and candies and make it an Easter basket cake!" Which of course means I need to make a practice cake this week, a face my husband is not at all sad about.

edited because I apparently can't grammar today, and the bump ate my tags:

@meri-mac I hate when I feel embarrassed about anything, but especially at work. It can be really hard to just let it go and convince myself that no one else is annoyed. I hope it blows over and he was just in a bad mood.

@meladams10 I didn't ovulate until CD21 last cycle, and didn't even really have lines on opks until CD20, so I'm there with you! Fx for a positive in the next few days!

@rosebud332 Happy birthday to YH! Enjoy celebrating tonight!
  • @meri-mac This is going to be difficult. I'm supposed to O tomorrow, but I haven't gotten a positive yet so, I'm not sure. Wednesday is the party bus, night out, joint bachelor/bachelorette.. EEK. I guess I will just limit my alcohol intake this weekend. 
    @fantasyflyte sorry for CD1 but at least you got confirmation that you O'd! That's the best. To me, positive OPKs and 3 sustained temps is almost as exciting as a BFP haha. Our bodies are weird so it's nice when they do what they're supposed to and aren't wonky! I hope you and your DH enjoy your date night! Fx your Easter basket cake turns out beautiful! Share pics! (:
  • Month/Cycle:18/18

CD:17

WAYDTGKU:bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Opk`s were getting darker between cd10 and cd14 after that they have been getting lighter.
    I would say cd 14 I o`d but it wasn`t as dark as it should be to be a positive. :/

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? I could go without a phone no problem.
  • edited March 2018
    @meri-mac I can definitely relate! I’m so hard on myself. Hopefully that little voice in your head will calm down and shush. Agreed that he probably has already moved on, so no harm no foul!

@meladams10 waiting for the O is so frustrating. At least you’ll be distracted by what sounds like a wonderful break to celebrate and enjoy the beach! I’m of the “drink til it’s pink” mindset, though I haven’t ever gone on a binge drinking bender during this time so I suppose I drink moderately. TW*** 
    (pregnancy mentioned) My favorite book addresses drinking during pregnancy based off of scientific studies and statistics. It’s called Expecting Better if you’re curious to read up on details. She’s a statistician who studied all of this during her own pregnancy. I felt like a well informed BFF was talking me through everything while I read it. *** end TW

@rosebud332 Can I come to the party? That sounds amazing!! Enjoy celebrating mh! 

@fantasyflyte Sorry about CD1. At least there’s a silver lining in the timing of things. Hoping to join you soon with knowing where things stand post IUD. 

——————

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: ?? Waiting to regulate and for my first AF post-Mirena to figure out my natural cycle off birth control. 

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, CM, BDing :)

R/R: rant - It’s monday. Where did the weekend go?? I’m in denial. 

CS/Q: no chart to speak of yet

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? Hands down no phone for 30 days. It may be tough at first but I think I could totally do it, especially with spring finally peeking out past winter! 

Eta- typing on my phone is hard. Maybe I should just give it up per above... :D
  • @fantasyflyte Yay for Oing and for springtime! I am officially requesting a picture of this Easter Basket cake once it is completed!

@meladams10 Solidarity sister! Every bride needs that one friend who can actually see straight, hold purses/hair, etc. Have tons of fun!

@Stargazer1lily Fx for you this month!
  • @Stargazer1lily I know that my OPKs have been fading in and out. Maybe that's what's happening for you? 
    @LemonofBluebell Maybe I will just try to avoid many drinks, lol. It stinks because it's just not very good timing for a trip away, but I'm going to enjoy it darn it! We're sharing a room with another couple.. HOW in the world am I supposed to temp without them knowing? This is stressful lol.
  • edited March 2018
     Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, BD, OPK

R/R: Rant: Still waiting to O, have no idea when I might.

CS/Q: I don't know if this is even going to work.. EWCM went away and is now back. And sorry I don't know how to hide the chart to people can click to make it show.. my work computer is a piece of crap and the options in the text box don't show up for me. :(

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5685b0

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? 30 days without my phone, for sure!

Edit to see if I can get chart link to work.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @meri-mac I'd be doing the same thing. I overanalyze EVERYTHING.

@meladams10 Hi! Me too, still waiting to O. How frustrating, am I right?

@rosebud332 Happy birthday to your hubby. I just made cupcakes last night! Snickerdoodle ones, they are so good.

@LemonofBluebell I hope your cycle starts for you soon, or regulates I should say. :)

• @AdorkablePixie We will not give up! Haha. Good things come to those who wait, right? So, maybe this will be our cycle! What I do to get my chart plugged in is take a screen shot, email it to myself, save it, and then insert it as a picture in a spoiler. Yours won't come up for me.  
  • @meladams10 Thank you! I will have to try to do that from my phone. I can't do much from my work computer. I will try to edit that link though, so at least someone can try to click it.

• Thanks @lokibear89 and @AdorkablePixie!

@meladams10 I tried to problem solve your temping quandary in secret under the covers and made myself laugh out loud. But you know what, you got this!! It’s all for the greater cause! Blame hubby’s phone or something on the little beep if you need to. ;) 
  • *lurk*

@meladams10 I can't find an update about the SA results. How did everything go? 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Month/Cycle: 36/35

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Right now just bleeding. But otherwise a huge shopping list of vitamins, supplements, juices, CoQ10, baby aspirin, DHEA, Vit D3, Tumeric in FP and Progesterone in LP.

R/R: Officially on vacation for the next two weeks (rave) but actually need to write my thesis (rant) and have visitors coming for 5/6 days in the middle for Easter. But overall a good day as DH and I did go out for a little dinner and now came home and are watching some old british gardening shows with Alan Titchmarsh to get inspiration for our garden. DH has also done a great job of booking early morning appointments for me each day - 7.30am today was the guy to maintain our walk in wardrobe doors (so I not only had to get up to let him in, but had to have the bedroom tidy by 7.15am in case he was early!) and tomorrow we have a gardening firm coming to measure and discuss options. Again 7.30am. And I need to be ready to walk around outside with him. Awesome... It's still very wintery here. Temperatures barely above freezing. He did make me breakfast in bed Sunday though, so on balance I guess he's still in my good books ;-)

CS/Q: Nope

Would no dessert also mean no chocolate/sweets for snacks? If so, then I would go without my phone for 30 days. Though it would be tough as I use my phone for work hours every day. But I could pick a month where we take vacation to make it easier. And so long as I could use my ipad for searching hotels, restaurants etc...

@meri-mac I'm also the same as you. Sometimes I act before my brain registers and then kick myself after. Hope it works out ok at work.

@meladams10 ooooh beach wedding sounds like a great way to end the week

@fantasyflyte I too would not be unhappy about having to support by eating practice cake ;-)

@adorkablepixie ok I only just realized you have a k in your name! I also sometimes get a small amount of EWCM when my lead follie starts to take off growing on its own (we know this because of monitoring) but then I get my "full on" EWCM again with ovulation. It's taken 3 years and countless monitored cycles to figure out my "normal" though.

@lemonofbluebell I reckon all the worlds leaders have done something to weekends to make them shorter. Like they've made the world spin faster for those two days and slower for the rest.

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Month/Cycle: 15

CD: 21... Starting to think I'm not ovulating this month... Usually i ovulate CD 17/18. Ughhhh.

WAYDTGKU: all the things.

R/R: rant: see above. rave: my dh teaches so he's home on string break this week! Yay!

CS/Q:

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? My phone.

@meri-mac try not to beat yourself up to much. We all have those moments though!
    @meladams10 still here waiting as well! 
    @fantasyflyte sorry about AF. She's a jerk.
  • @meri-mac like the others said I'm sure you'll beat yourself over it more than your co worker. I feel the same when I have one of my way too often socially awkward moments. 
    @meladams10 fx for a positive OPK soon. Hope you have a great time at the wedding!
    @rosebud332 happy bday to YH!

Month/Cycle: 9/9 

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: opk, bbt, pnv

R/R: no rant today... rave: my last electricity bill was through the roof, like $1200. I live in a apartment and nobody is home most of the time as I work long hours. I was freaking out and got it rechecked. Thankfully found out it was an error so can finally relax.  Whew . I mean I know I used the heat a lot more than I usually do but still that bill.... :#

CS/Q: nothing to see

GTKY: Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert? definitely the phone. What is life without dessert?! :wink:
  • @lokibear89 Thank you! I think I'll still partake in beverages but not binge! 
    @LemonofBluebell I guess that is what I'll be doing.. pulling the covers over my head and making myself a BBT fort! HAHA! 
    @suzycupcake The first one had low motility but his second SA was normal! YAY! Since I had the HSG we're going to work hard these next couple months and hopefully have some luck. Thank you for thinking of me!
    @emmasemm Enjoy your vacation! 
    @Kath525 That's so frustrating! Do you typically have months where you don't ovulate? 
    @nasah15 Thank you!! I'm hoping today I'll get my positive OPK. Last night it was getting darker! I was about to say, $1,200 electricity bill?!?! I would be freaking out too if I received that! I'm glad it was just an error :)
  • @lolibear89 I’ll have to try the screen shot from now on. lol 

@emmasemm haha Yes, with a k. :) I wonder if that’s that’s going on with me. I’ve got more EWCM today, more than yesterday. Have no idea what’s going on but hopefully I O soon!  My goodness, 7:30 seems early. I feel like most places around here won’t even do anything before 8:00am!

@nasah15 Oh my gosh! I would have had a heart attack if I saw a bill that high. I’m glad you got it figured out and it was just an error.