June 2018 Moms

Tell me how you really feel! (Rants w/o 3/26)

Re: Tell me how you really feel! (Rants w/o 3/26)

• setting up maternity leave for DS was so different than now. HR sent me all the papers, I filled them out.. gave what I had to give to my dr.. and that was it. now I have to go through liberty mutual for the fmla and std (which I'm not even using std btw.. yet still have to go through the process). I just spent 45 mins getting transferred to about 4 people after I couldn't figure out what to do on their website. And all the intake girl did was get my name, SS #, due date, dr phone number, manager phone number and verify my address. and made it sound like nothing else needs done. some how this doesn't seem right. now I need to call HR again. grrr

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Can I rant about myself and how hard I am procrastinating with this work project I need to do? It will take me seriously one hour if I just do it. I just can't bring myself to do it. UGH
  • Loading the player...
  • They called this morning with my GTT results...I was at a 140 and the cutoff at my OBs office is 136, so I get to go do the 3 hour test next Monday...yay 
  • Interesting how the cut off is different at other offices @momac1919! My one hour GTT was 134 and the cutoff is 130 at my OB's office. I take my 3 hour tomorrow. Good luck to you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rant: went to bed at 9:20 pm last night. MIGHT have actually fell asleep about 2:00 am, but back up again at 4:30. That's the short version. 

Long version:
    - Dogs out to pee 4 times (!) last night
    - DD 3 times into our room, last time kicked me out of my own bed (too tired to argue)
    - DH fighting with DD on second attempt to get into bed with us, resulted in all the lights on (Why does he do that?), DD standing on the bed, me stepping in (more on that in a minute) to calm her down, her bringing up our cat that passed, then asking everybody to come, and wanting to see her friends, a round of hiccups (5th time in 24 hours) and 3 bowls of cereal, an episode of Paw Patrol,  a book a tuck in and then Goodnight! (estimated time 45 minutes at 1:30 am)
    - A major fight with DH the night before about how to handle our 2.5 yo... he thinks me offering choices within reason is being her friend, but he is all about things his way, on his time, and it escalates SUPER fast into tears and anger, then we have an angry and crying and super defiant toddler. (FUN!) All while trying to get her to sleep or out the door. (Transitions, ammiright STMs?)

TL;DR - one tired mama at work, because... well, I got isht to do. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • @momac1919 & @aharv77 - Fingers crossed you pass the 3 hour.  I was barely over the normal range with DS2 and passed the 3 hour with no problems.  I'm waiting on the results of my one hour for this pregnancy today as well.

I agree with others on not wanting to do anything.  I'm rejoicing that I don't need to be on the road for most of April since my company decided against bidding on a future job.  Now I just need to think about all the crap I need to do around the house.

My rant today - I got the tDap shot on Friday.  My left arm is so sore, and it's making sleeping on my side even more uncomfortable.  Ugh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @aharv77 @momac1919 good luck to you both on your 3 hours!

@rnielsen321 sorry to hear your sleep woes!  I sure hope you have a chance to grab a nap maybe?

@mytinc I had a tDap in my right butt cheek last Wednesday, as I guess new protocol is butt or thigh now?  Anyways, as if my hips needed anymore pain...but it was painful until late yesterday so a 4 days!  So hang in there probably for a couple more days!

• They didn't give me a location choice @stephcat421 - Those shots hurt anywhere, so I would have been complaining regardless.  It was weird that day 2 (Sunday) was worse than the day after the shot.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • Just received a few short sleeve maternity tops that I ordered and I’m not sure if it’s just these particular shirts (paired with the comments I got from patients this weekend) or if I’ve truly entered the not so cute, mostly just uncomfortable looking stage already at 30 weeks. Either way, it’s a bummer. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 I hear ya. Even when people say I look great (which isn't often,) my first thought is "compared to what?" 
    Kinda wishing people would just not comment on my appearance at all. I'm just trying to keep a PMA and remind myself (begrudgingly) that pregnancy is a miracle and it's just for a few more months. Then I can (think about) get(ting) my body back.  
  • @krashke I saw this article when it first came out. It's about two friends who were four weeks apart and one looks remarkably smaller than the other (she was a fitness trainer.)  Kinda puts things in perspective. 
  • @kfren @krashke the most anyone has commented on my body is my mom/BFF/DH saying "dude, your boobs are huge" or at the shower yesterday people said, "You weren't this pregnant the last time I saw you!" lol nope, sort of how time works. 
  • +1 to being over the comments. I feel like the comments I get are in the grain of oh good you're pregnant and not just fat. I do get a lot of "you look great"s which feels backhanded every time. 

Also have to rant about my cat that decided today to pee on the dog bed that is currently in the room that will be our nursery. All the baby stuff is in there and I spent a good 30 minutes frantically smelling everything to make sure she didn't pee anywhere else. I think the fact that we have outdoor cats getting into our yard is stressing her out. Idk what to do about it but if she starts peeing on more things, we're going to have a problem. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• To me it feels weird when ppl try to give you compliments. Saturday I went to a game night with my pole sisters, some commented I looked great for 7 months and it didnt look like I had gained outside of my stomach & boobs. I looked at them, that just makes me feel like you thought I was fat before. I’m up 25 lbs it not just in my stomach and boobs. Just say i look great and leave it at that. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @Amphibious22 Ooh, Jackson Galaxy had an episode of "My Cat From Hell" where the outside cats were causing an issue for the inside cats. I do not have a cat, so unfortunately did not retain any of the advice. However, might be worth googling him? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephcat421 Owwie ow ow ow!! I winced just reading that sentence! FWW, I bought this mirror for my shower and have been using it to keep up with my grooming down there (I also use it to wash my face and use my waterpik). I thought about asking MH for help, but now I definitely will not. Link to mirror in spoiler. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 *frantically googling*

@stephcat421 I don't think it's baby related for us either, especially since she is much more MH's cat than mine. Also if you're up for it, I would definitely recommend a wax. I've been keeping regular with it while pregnant and feel so much better. Plus I hear it makes things easier post partum. If waxing is too painful, see if there's a place near you that does sugaring. I switched over the sugar a few years ago and it is much less painful. To be fair, I do have a pretty high tolerance for it since I've been getting Brazilians regularly since high school. But maybe once your cut heals, it could be worth looking into. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I've actually never had a wax or sugaring done! But, given my lack of access to the area I think it's time I look into it. Though I have the perfect spot for that mirror @LaceyBee522 shared that may solve my problem for the interim! I'm irrationally upset over this... Strangely the thought I'd be accidentally cut by MH NEVER crossed my mind that's how much I trust him. But, I had a breakdown that went beyond the injury and really was driven by the fact that my independence is dwindling at this point and its just a reminder that I'm not even capable of certain things anymore. Ugh this emotional rollercoaster takes the pregancy cake for me!
  • @amphibious22 it could be stress. a couple months before DS, my female cat started having urinary tract problems. she was about 3 then, they kept saying uti etc. Went through a couple rounds of antibiotics. Then after had DS, it kept up and got super worse. I had to lug her to an emergency vet a few wks after I had him cause she literally wasn't moving. just laid there. she was all blocked up with crystals and has been on a urinary food diet since. She's my little side kick, so I'm scared she's going to to start stressing again soon.
    not saying any of this will happen with yours! just a stressed cat related story since you mentioned stress from outside cats.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Amphibious22 One of our cats got a UTI due to stress and started peeing outside her litter box. I think she was stressed because we rearranged a lot of furniture and she got freaked out. She also snubs her litter box if it's even slightly dirty, so we try to scoop poop and pee multiple times a day. If there is even one tiny turd in there, she catterwauls around. If we do not fix it ASAP, her 2nd choice spot is our laundry basket. Sigh. @stephcat421 not sure if something like that could be the case for your cat too?
  • @=caenis= we thought those possibilities through too. But nothing has changed! Just for good measure we added a litterbox and have been upping the cleaning, or DH has bless his heart!. So far, so good no new accidents!
  • @Amphibious22 and @stephcat421 - forgot to add we give our cat wet food mixed with a little water 1x/day to make sure she drinks enough. The vet said wet food is bad for their teeth but really good for preventing kidney and bladder problems. He said giving them a small portion with the extra water could help prevent UTIs, even stress-induced ones. Which also keeps more pee in the litter box. 
  • =caenis= said:
    @Amphibious22 One of our cats got a UTI due to stress and started peeing outside her litter box. I think she was stressed because we rearranged a lot of furniture and she got freaked out. She also snubs her litter box if it's even slightly dirty, so we try to scoop poop and pee multiple times a day. If there is even one tiny turd in there, she catterwauls around. If we do not fix it ASAP, her 2nd choice spot is our laundry basket. Sigh. @stephcat421 not sure if something like that could be the case for your cat too?
    Had to quote since I couldn't tag, but if she does it again we'll probably go to the vet to rule out any urinary issues. For now, we're going to spray the yard with vinegar water since that's supposed to help keep cats away. I don't think it's a litter box thing because it was just cleaned and she's never been very picky about it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• For anyone dealing with cat pee - use an enzyme cleaner (like nature's miracle) to get the smell out! It's the only thing that works! 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 I think ours is in the mat by now. The only thing that works is our carpet shampooer...but the detergent with enzymes def works best
  • @starla487 I get them from peeing. I’m finding it’s better if I lean forward when I pee but I keep forgetting. I used to get them pre-pregnancy from peeing too. Like if we went to a bar so I had to pee frequently I’d often wake up with a hemmy. So dumb. 
  • A couple weeks ago I ordered baby’s snuggly blanket for when she gets older. I actually ordered 3 of the same blanket(1 for regular use, 1 for when the original is dirty, 1 for grandparents house/super super back up) because after DD got attached to her toddler blanket it was no longer sold in stores so I had to hunt down a couple duplicates in a local Mom group. I figured I’d be proactive and order my spares right away this time. 
    ONE BLANKET came in the mail. Call the customer service, the first representative hangs up on me because she keeps telling me I ordered with a gift card and I’m assuring her that it was actually a credit card and I want a refund. Get ahold of a different guy who finally tells me it’s sold out. He goes to check on it and it’s “really, really sold out” like not going to be restocked. Anyways, he did refund me the whole thing but now I’m back to square one on the snuggly blankie situation so grrr. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 - That sucks that it's not available and their customer service was crappy.  Just as a heads up, it may be that this next kid doesn't get attached to things like your daughter did.  Things DS1 loved DS2 didn't care about and vice versa. 

First Son - born 2013
  • @mytinc that would be super!! I didn’t want DD to get attached so I had been rotating through the different blankets we had recieved and one night she cried and cried until DH told me it was because she wanted the green one... plan foiled. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @marcus7676 - Sorry, that made me laugh about the duplicates.  And you're right @2589 - They'll either get attached or they won't, it's just hard to predict what they will want.

First Son - born 2013
  • When I woke up this morning, this article was at the top of my Facebook feed. It gave me all the rage feelings. I'm really glad my MIL is not like this. I hope she doesn't secretly harbor these thoughts. 

https://www.facebook.com/thescarymommy/posts/10155873710233301
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I had the best relationship with my MIL before DD, although things have gotten a little rougher since (we've had to have discussions that DH is not babysitting when he is home with DD while I'm at my spin class, he's parenting and she's begged DH and I to go out on a date night so she could babysit DD only to tell us when we dropped her off that we would need to be back by 8:30 so she could be in bed at 9) but this article still made me mad...and as someone who is about to have a son I could not imagine being this hostile and petty towards my future DIL