Infertility

Just starting our journey...

jules3978jules3978 member
edited March 2018 in Infertility
Hi all!

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and say hi.  My husband and I have been trying for about a year to get pregnant (I'm 40 and he is 32).  In January, after trying naturally for about 9 months (taking my temp and ovulation tests), I went to my OB just to have my hormone levels checked, etc. due to my age - I didn't want to waste any more time.  He decided to do a pelvic ultrasound and we discovered that I have a 6.5 cm fibroid (which shocked me because I've never had any issues with my periods - I don't even get cramps) so he sent me to an OB who deals more with fertility issues.  I LOVE the new doctor - she is 41 and just had twins via IVF so she understands my need for wanting to do this all sooner, rather than later.  Anyway - I had an MRI which showed the the tumor sits outside of my uterus, right on top.  I then had an HSG and luckily, my tubes are both open and good to go.  However, my AMH level is down to 0.4.  And my husband's "little men" (as he calls them) have low motility (38%).  We have a consultation with an IVF clinic but the soonest I could get in was July 19.  In the meantime, my OB recommends trying a round or two of IUI while we wait for that consultation so it looks like we will be doing that in April.  I'm just hoping that something will work - one way or another.  But I am realistic in that I know it can be a long journey - I'm just happy to have been able to find a community of people who understand and are going through/have gone through the same thing.   I look forward to getting to know all of you better!
Me: 40, AMH 0.4  DH: 32
Married: 7/30/17
TTC since: 4/2017
IUI #1: planned for 4/2018 - cancelled due to insufficient follicle size/growth.  :(
IUI #2: 5/22/18 - BFN
IUI #3: 6/22/18
BFP: 7/4/18

Re: Just starting our journey...

• @jules3978 welcome and i hope your stay here is a short one!  Glad you are getting some answers and starting the process of fertility treatments.  As for the "(then again, I always thought I'd have kids in my early-mid 20s)", I think we all deal with this difficulty of letting go of what we thought our lives/families/etc were going to look like based on things both within and outside of our control.  I find it one of the harder parts of this process.  But anyway, you're not alone!  And hopefully we'll get something even sweeter than the image we had in our minds.  Sounds like I'll see you on the IUI boards soon!
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Thank you!  And yes...I think that accepting that some things are out of my control (which is hard for me...haha) is going to be the hardest part of this whole process.  I know that everything happens for a reason and I keep telling myself that.  Luckily, my husband is amazing and super supportive.  :) 
    Me: 40, AMH 0.4  DH: 32
    Married: 7/30/17
    TTC since: 4/2017
    IUI #1: planned for 4/2018 - cancelled due to insufficient follicle size/growth.  :(
    IUI #2: 5/22/18 - BFN
    IUI #3: 6/22/18
    BFP: 7/4/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I was in the same boat with you. My DH and me spent long years ttc. We were also recommended to try the IVF. First two attempts were not successful. But we were lucky to get pregnant after the third transfer. As far as I know a lot of couples need more than one attempt to succeed trough the IVF. So, you might need some time to get pregnant. But I'm sure you will succeed faster than I did. I really wish you good luck on your way. Now, holding my baby, I know that all those attempts were worth trying. My life has changed so much. I wish you the same, dear. Let us know how you are doing. Good luck!