November 2018 Moms

Questions w/o 3/25

This is where you can ask any and all of your questions for the week! So what’s on your mind? 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Questions w/o 3/25

• Has anyone taken/ are currently taking metformin during pregnancy? I’ve only been taking it for 3 weeks, found out I was pregnant a few days ago and have been reading a lot about it. I haven’t had my first appt yet so it’s definitely on the list of questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • @bfpafter4years That's a great idea! For DH's family, why not have you and DH take a picture with a Disney character in the park with either a sign, or them pointing to your belly, or something like that.... and sent it to DH's family? I didn't do a gender reveal with DS, but decided to do one this time. Just with family, and it's mostly just to include DS as much as possible with the pregnancy. We are going to let him the the one to reveal it. However, since FIL will be visiting for DS bday (when we are announcing to everyone) we decided to go ahead and tell him the gender before he leaves. He knows how to keep a secret, thankfully.

@kbrown2385 I was on metformin with DS 4.5 years ago. I had been taking it for about a year prior to getting pregnant. I stayed on it through the first trimester, until I was sent to an endo and put on insulin. I'm kinda in the same boat this time around, except this time I'm on a once a day insulin and no doctor has told me I need to switch yet. 

My question is... What can I do to keep my mind busy and not go crazy waiting for my ultrasound appointment? I'm a planner, so I've been planning everything I reasonably can (DS bday party, baby names, pregnancy announcement... I have lesson plans mapped out until the end of the school year!) and I still find myself just being anxious and impatient. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @middleschoolmommy that is a good idea, something special just for them! 

I am a teacher and a planner too! This whole waiting thing is driving me nuts. I just want to feel pregnant or see an ultrasound. Thankful (sort of) I went through years of IF and so when I got pregnant I know I will have lots of blood tests and ultrasounds early on. I just want to feel like it, you know, there are days that I forget that I am!!
  • @kbrown2385 - I’m on metformin for pcos and my ob said to continue it. I had gestational diabetes with DS so I likely will again with this pregnancy. I’d continue taking it until you ask your ob. 

@middleschoolmommy - ugh I have no advice because I am so impatient and have been so anxious this pregnancy. I would continue trying to keep busy and be as positive as you can. Is your appointment this week? I’m mobile so it’s harder for me to go back and look. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @bfpafter4years i think doing something with a character while there would be super cute to reveal to his family!

@middleschoolmommy I’ve only been on it for 3 weeks. In the 5 years I’ve been trying to have kids, this is the easiest I’ve ever gotten pregnant so I know it’s played a part. I don’t like taking meds in general so it just makes me nervous while being pregnant. I’ll definitely be discussing pros/cons with my dr.  As for keeping your mind busy? I have no answers haha. The waiting is the most nerve wracking part! 
  • @mockingjay1 I’m not planning on stopping for now. I’ve read too much about the benefits and how much it lowers the rate of pregnancy loss to want to stop. 
  • @bfpafter4years I think that's a super sweet idea and agree with @middleschoolmommy, taking a picture or something while you're there and sharing it with DH family is a great way to include them. Such fun and cute ideas!!
  • @mockingjay1 yes, my ultrasound is Thursday, and I'll have another one the Wednesday after. I kinda feel silly being so impatient, but I just want to see a heartbeat! 
  • I have a non pregnancy related question!
    How do you remove wax from clothes?
    A student knocked over my scentsy onto my jacket, so the wax soaked through and then hardened. I scrapped some off, but it's still in the fabric :/ 
  • CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited March 2018
    @middleschoolmommy I was insanely nervous before my first US with my first baby. I was down right obsessive over it. I threw myself into a new show on Netflix with lots and lots of episodes. For me, it was How I Met Your Mother. Of course, it wasn’t a cure-all, but it helped some! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @middleschoolmommy you could try freezing it and scraping again. This works for gum, maybe wax also?
  • @bfpafter4years I think that’s a really good idea! I would imagine you would know if DH’s family are the sort that would get bent out of shape about getting a pic rather than being there. 

@middleschoolmommy does goo gone work on clothes? Maybe try something non pregnancy related like start a new book or tv show? 

• Has anyone taken/ are currently taking metformin during pregnancy? I’ve only been taking it for 3 weeks, found out I was pregnant a few days ago and have been reading a lot about it. I haven’t had my first appt yet so it’s definitely on the list of questions.
    Took it all through last pregnancy without issue.  

I have a non pregnancy related question!
    How do you remove wax from clothes?
    A student knocked over my scentsy onto my jacket, so the wax soaked through and then hardened. I scrapped some off, but it's still in the fabric :/ 
    I feel like I’ve heard using paper towel on the front and back and iron it? The wax will melt through to the paper.  
  • @Eveinshock & @middleschoolmommy:  +1 for the iron method, although TBQH I didn't have luck getting the color out.  :'(
  • This is **fingers crossed** our Rainbow. I have my first appointment on Tues. It is taking all I have to keep it together since both of my MCs were around 5 weeks. I celebrate every time I go to the bathroom and there is no pink. I have been listening to Circle + Bloom meditations every night. Any suggestions on what else I can to try to ease my anxiety? 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• What if anything are you ladies using for pimples? All of a sudden I’m getting these painful pimples on my face and I know I can’t use my typical cream thing since it’s got certain things in it that are not recommended during pregnancy 
  • What if anything are you ladies using for pimples? All of a sudden I’m getting these painful pimples on my face and I know I can’t use my typical cream thing since it’s got certain things in it that are not recommended during pregnancy 
    I have been breastfeeding a year, plus the 9 months of pregnancy first time, now another 9 months, plus the breasfeeding for next baby....my face is a disaster. And you can’t use any of the good stuff during pregnancy/breastfeeding!!!  So I’d also love any tips or products to help. 

Another question....old board used to have a plus size mom thread. That something anyone would be interested in? I gained so much weight this last year I am pretty adamant about not gaining anything with this pregnancy. Would actually like to lose.....
  • @mempartyof3 and @Eveinshock I've used this for a while and it works great, problem is I'm not sure if it is still safe to use... https://www.burtsbees.com/product/soap-bark-&-chamomile-deep-cleansing-cream/88999-00-1.html#navlvl=4&start=1

TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)

• @eranvo27:  I have health anxiety and my therapist recommended an app called "Stop Panic and Anxiety Now."  I use both the cognitive diary and the meditations on it. 
  • @eranvo27:  I have health anxiety and my therapist recommended an app called "Stop Panic and Anxiety Now."  I use both the cognitive diary and the meditations on it. 
    Thank you! I will look into that! 

TTC #1 since 8/2016

• Well, I scraped and I melted and there is still some wax in the fabric :(  Worst of all, it was bright RED wax, and the color doesn't seem to want to come out at all!  Thank you all for the suggestions!
  • @kbrown2385 I take metformin for PCOS. Definitely continuing during this pregnancy. Like you said, there are a lot of benefits.

@TheSouffleGirl I'm going to check out that app too. Thank you!
  • edited March 2018
    @eranvo27 & @nervous0220:  I hope you like it!  I think the diary is probably most profitably used when you know a bit about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, so I'd look that up/cognitive diaries in general if you're not familiar.

I would also encourage you ladies to consider getting a counselor/therapist if your anxiety is ongoing and very burdensome.  I started seeing one just before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter (now 2) and "graduated" this past year.  My counselor was a great match for me, and really helped me distinguish between legitimate pregnancy worries and deeper issues (as well as work on those deeper issues!)  Well worth the money, IMHO.
  • @mempartyof3 I had really bad acne with my first. I would make sure to exfoliate more to get rid of as much of the dead skin as possible and remove excess dirt and then I used my normal face wash for acne as a mask. It helped me and was pregnancy safe. It just took longer than I liked. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @wannaflickone I can guarantee part of my acne issue is likely due to pure laziness. I’m the girl who rarely puts on makeup and went to church today after waking up with 25 minutes and two toddlers to prep to go ..... yikes. Thanks! 
  • @mempartyof3 my ob said it was fine to keep using the topical spot treatment i normally use- clean n clear acne spot treatment. They said topically and in such small amounts it wasn’t a problem. 
  • @kbrown2385
    I'm on it. Have been for 6 months!
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Hit enter too early...

I hope it isn't an issue to stay on it. I had GD last time, so maybe this will help.

Regardless my anxiety is SUPER bad right now. I've gone down on my anxiety meds and to be honest, its horrible. My chest is like super tight and painful. I look forward to my appointment on Tuesday. Anybody had issues like this before? I didn't with my first pregnancy....more depression. This is a completely different feeling.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • I thought of a question, and this may fall better in the symptom thread so I apologize.

Anyone else with period-like cramps? I get them occasionally, a few times throughout the day. As a FTM, I'm just not sure what to expect and want to enjoy this process but not having my ultrasound for another 2 weeks is feeling like forever!!! Any info on cramps would be helpful ha. Or ways/ideas to take my mind off things, such as what have you done to help ease your mind while waiting for the first ultrasound?
    I have been breastfeeding a year, plus the 9 months of pregnancy first time, now another 9 months, plus the breasfeeding for next baby....my face is a disaster. And you can’t use any of the good stuff during pregnancy/breastfeeding!!!  So I’d also love any tips or products to help. 

Another question....old board used to have a plus size mom thread. That something anyone would be interested in? I gained so much weight this last year I am pretty adamant about not gaining anything with this pregnancy. Would actually like to lose.....
    I love the plus size mom thread. I'm a plus size woman and I was honestly working to lose the weight I'd gained during the last year. I also don't want to gain much at all with this pregnancy.
  • edited March 2018
    What day of the week do you want the plus size moms thread on? I'll add it to the schedule. :)
    ETA: never mind! We already have one on the schedule, it's on Wednesdays. @CopperBoom86 signed up to start it. Since we don't have one yet, someone can start it early if you'd like. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @jkmartin723 I believe there is a discussion about cramps in the current symptoms thread. Usually they are totally normal, and just a sign of your uterus growing. Call your doctor for further reassurance or if they become severe. 

https://www.thebump.com/a/cramps-during-early-pregnancy

• @lifesabeach85 Thanks for the info and guidance. I'll look into it now.
  • Does anyone know if drinking chai tea is safe? I’m finding mixed opinions on Dr Google. Coffee sounds gross so I’ve been drinking chocolate milk in the AM but now that sounds gross. I have some Bigelow Vanilla Chai tea that I was gonna make but I’m second guessing it. 
  • Has anyone else had shooting pain in the lower sides of their abdomen when they sneeze?  It's the weirdest thing, and google tells me it's something about Round Ligament Pain, but that seems to mainfest more in the 2nd trimester (and I'm only 6w2d).  No spotting, no real cramping, nothing to make me worry (not that that's stopping me)...just curious if anybody else has experienced this yet.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

• Just did some math... Anyone else have long cycles so the EDD is off? I am still getting faint positives on store brand tests and almost nothing on name brand tests, digital still says negative. I have a 37-41 day cycle. I found an article that explains how to calculate EDD for longer cycles. Looks like I'm only about 4 weeks which makes SO much more sense. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. 

TTC #1 since 8/2016

• @soehlerk That sounds like classic RLP, but yeah it does seem a bit early. I remember doubling over in pain once after a big sneeze, I think in late first or early second trimester last time. Everyone is different though, and your uterus is growing/stretching to accommodate its new guest, even from the beginning.

• @Eveinshock I would love a plus size thread as well. Going to work hard to keep my gain paced better this time.
  • @oaklandava:  I'm not on/haven't been on meds, but I do have anxiety.  It was bad for me early in my pregnancy, but I found regular counseling helped, and I also calmed down a lot second trimester when things were still looking good.  I think it just took me a while to adjust to all that was going down in my body. Hope that's the kind of appointment you're talking about and that it goes well for you!