June 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/24-25

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/24-25

• @doxiemoxie212 hope the rest of today ends up being a great day for you guys. And I'm really hoping your friends decide to split that cost cause this is YOUR shower... you should not be putting up money for it. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 ahhh I can't believe you have yet another thing to deal with for this shower! FX that you have an amazing time despite everything!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Update: shower start time was 23 minutes ago but setup is still underway so I went down and then immediately came back up to our apt bc I felt bad just sitting around watching people try to setup but my legs really hurt and I really do need to sit... 
  • @stephcat421 Happy shower day to you! FX your mom keeps it together. 
  • @stephcat421 Have fun at your shower. FX your mom behaves. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ffw0617ffw0617 member
    edited March 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 can’t believe they just told you today. My old apartment had a similar rule. I threw DH a party (for the first time) in 2013 they said in order to have the club house exclusively and set up it was $500. So i set up by the pool (free) and we still got to use the inside area. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • We had daylight savings here overnight. Not sure if you all did as well? Anyway, I had no idea. This morning my son was up at 6:45 and I couldn't figure out why it was so dark...or why it felt godawful to be up. Now I realize it was actually like 5:45 to my body. No wonder. We were both grumpy all day, too.
  • @doxiemoxie212 hope you enjoy your shower!!

i think I need to simmer down on house projects. I completely redid the front garden beds and also undertook learning how our irrigation system works bc someone ran over a sprinkler head and I didn’t want to pay the fee for someone to come fix it. Meanwhile DH is playing PS4 lol. 
  • Happy showers to @stephcat421 @becca_123 and @doxiemoxie212 ! (Hope they were beautiful drama free celebrations. )

@=caenis= We had DST a few weeks ago in the US. It's a rough adjustment with kids. 

Happy Birthday @2589 !!!

@krashke I've had the same frustration with thank you notes.

Sometimes I can check invoices and see if another gift is shipping separately on the same order. (Doesn't work if the gifts are ordered separately or from different stores.)

• @ffw0617 me! Something about hitting that 30 wk mark felt so good!
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew cutest photo ever!! DD loves baths too and anything “wawa”. 
  • I want to know how the weekend showers went for you ladies! I also am curious what everyone's Nurseries look like! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 to all of that @izza2
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @doxiemoxie212 - I hope the shower turned out well in the end.  It blows that you were right on about things falling apart.

@Amphibious22 - LOL at breaking the bed, but not at the last minute expense of needing to buy a new one.

@twelvetwosomeonenew - One of my coworkers suggested Zinni Optical as well.  I looked a little bit at the website but I'm so new to what he needs size wise it's a little overwhelming.  I don't wear glasses and DH mainly wears contacts and it's much help when it comes to ordering stuff online.  I think we'll look into it in the future when he's a little older and there are more options to fit his little head.  Most of the kid glasses he tried on were 125mm or longer for the temple length, which was all too long for him.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @Amphibious22 LOL. We broke our Ikea bed a few years ago, the whole platform cracked and we fell through on one side, haha. Good thing the bed was pretty low to the ground so it wasn't a long fall. 
  • @amphibious22 LOL, that's a big adventure to be trying new stuff that breaks your bed!  Kind of a great story actually!
  • @izza2 all I'll say is we were getting creative with positions to accommodate my belly.  ;) 

@bearmoons haha yeah I was the only one on the bed at the time but MH said my face was hilarious. And our bed is pretty high so it was quite the fall. I'm still going back to Ikea though because I really liked our frame and don't feel like trying to find a different one. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 no, continue because I don't actually want to have sex at all, but I was thinking last night about how if I did, I literally don't know how we'd do it because 1) belly is huge, 2) ribs are sore AF, 3) hips are sore AF and I'm not allowed to open my knees wider than hip width, 4) I have sore wrists and can't put pressure on them. Like, spoons with my legs closed? I think that would still hurt my hips. Maybe I could lean over a table? But I don't think that sounds very comfortable. And honestly, there aren't that many days anymore that I don't have at least a little bit of hemorrhoid action happening so from behind sounds................not sexy? So I'm interested in your experience.  :D
  • @Amphibious22 and you didn't get any weird lightheadedness? I'm intrigued. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 none at all. Our bed sits pretty high so I didn't have to be too inverted for it to work. It also took all the pressure off of my back/hips which was nice.
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I won't even lie. I'm just over here impressed with the enthusiasm of wanting to have the sex and try the positions. my legs, hips and abdomen are so uncomfortable I don't understand how anyone can even want to have it lol. and with yah @doxiemoxie212 my little friend hemmy makes a lot of days uncomfortable so that's another thing kinda killing my mood.
  • It’s so rare that I want to anymore... we did it last night (like @doxiemoxie212 spoons, hips together is one of the few positions that work well anymore)... and then he wanted it again this morning? Like I can go a week without him asking but once we do it he wants it again.. anyone else’s SO like this? Also started contracting near the end so I’m thinking I should probably table the activities for a few weeks now until we’re ready to try and get things moving along. She’s got her head down recently and the increased pressure of her being down there did not feel great..

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Last time we tried DTD it was so uncomfortable. It felt like my body was pushing him out saying the factory is closed. Anyone else real swollen down there? It was not pleasant even with a good quality lubricant!
  • @stephcat421 I'm not swollen, but ridiculously dry. We have to use copious amounts of lube or it hurts so bad. I think it's a side effect of the progesterone I'm on.