October 2018 Moms
Options

Stabby Saturday!

mamabearcjmamabearcj member
edited March 2018 in October 2018 Moms
*long rant*

Idk if anyone regularly starts this and if so I apologize for starting it on you, but I am in a mood this morning!! We filled our furnace last week and maybe because it got too low first or maybe it just happens at random but a nozzle got screwed up which is making our basement reek starting a couple days ago!! (Happens to be where DH and I sleep) so we shut the heat down, opened a window and it was cleared out enough to get some sleep on our own bed, but it was cold! Yesterday my dad and his friend supposedly fixed it (friend does this for a living) say it's all good can't smell anything. I think their nose blind because as soon as DH goes down he smells it and feels it in his head, I go down smell it on the stairs and turn around and March back up. So last night we had to squeeze two of us on thecouch and it was a miserable night. The Windows are open but it still smells down there and starting to come into the house a bit. It should clear in a few days but I just want to have a good night of sleep...

Re: Stabby Saturday!

• Options
    That sounds miserable!!!!

so I'm pissed because on Wednesday I had an appt for an ultrasound it got postponed until Thursday because of the snow. Thursday happened, but omg it was crazy because everything  was double booked. Anywho I usually email to get my ultrasound pics. They didn't come so in Friday I made sure my dr got my email. Well he was in the hospital and couldn't do it so he told me to email him this morning. I did and haven't heard back yet. Grrr. He's usually fantastic and I'm sure Thursday double booking had everything all crazy, but I want my fetus pics!!!! Such first world problems over here. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    That is so frustrating!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamabearcj when will you be able to get it fixed?

I have a first world problem too. When is my nausea going to LEAVE? 12 weeks and 4 days and still nauseous, not like I was, but’s still pretty bad. Last pregnancy it was not like this and it was gone by now. I’m so over it!!!
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt it got fixed yesterday thankfully we just need to air out the residual smell. I went down this morning and it was a bit strong but I went down a little while ago and it was better so we should be all set for tonight!!
  • Options
    @mariek312 we all just have to do our best and leave the rest. And try and not be judge-y of other moms who are probably trying to do their best too. 

I'm stabby cuz I wish my stupid belly ache would just go away for once! And this site won't let me put emojis in my comments! And my auto-correct on my phone will change or put words in that I've never used and probably never use! Like why put 'thus' every time instead of 'this'?! 
    Like, first world problems or what... 'grouchy-face'
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    mariek312mariek312 member
    edited March 2018
    @mariek312 we all just have to do our best and leave the rest. And try and not be judge-y of other moms who are probably trying to do their best too. 

Wait so I'm judgey for feeling put off by people who judge before actually living an experience? Someone passing judgment before having to make those calls for their own kids is not "trying to do their best too," they are being self-righteous. 
    ETA if that's not what you were trying to say then excuse my response. I guess it's possible you were just agreeing with me? I think I'm hungry so totally possible I misread your intention....

Sorry about your belly ache. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mariek312 no, I wasn't meaning you were being judge-y. I meant if others came off as judge-y (and maybe they were, I didn't read it) to just remember you're doing your best and not worry about it. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @mariek312 no, I wasn't meaning you were being judge-y. I meant if others came off as judge-y (and maybe they were, I didn't read it) to just remember you're doing your best and not worry about it. 
    Got you! Thanks :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Went to two grocery stores, neither of which had Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's).

This would NEVER happen in the South. Atrocity. 
  • Options
    @stithof what?! I thought Tony’s was a staple everywhere!
  • Options
    @jynjer91 Amen, sister. Apparently the North doesn't appreciate a seasoning for every occasion. 
  • Options
    Ugh. Your mom is a trip...
  • Options
    @mytrueloves  Can you repeat that slowly? My brain couldn’t comprehend your mom’s actions. (Stares blankly at wall) I always look forward to your mom updates! Sorry..I know it’s really not funny. 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 trust me, the screenshot is even worse. And I'm more than happy that it amuses you. I'm also a fan of drama that isn't my own lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 that stinks! I am so impatient and would want it ASAP as well . are you up on the east coast?

I'm surprisingly calm after a long day, but empathize with all you ladies!

• Options
    I totally agree about the March today. I don't have conventional thoughts on guns when you think of the two sides. I'm kind of in the middle. I think it's great these kids are standing up for what they believe in, exercising their rights, and getting their voice heard. They have opinions too, especially when they are facing these things head on in some cases.

Also. Momma's gotta do what momma's gotta do for some sanity. 
  • Options
    @stithof & @jynjer91 Maybe this should go under fffc, but I have never heard of this Tony’s stuff you’re talking about.  Is it a seasoning mix? A brand of seasonings? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 The best way I can think of to describe it is a slightly spicy cajun seasoned salt. 
  • Options
    jynjer91 said:
    @purplegoldfish2 The best way I can think of to describe it is a slightly spicy cajun seasoned salt. 
    I am going to check for something similar next time I’m shopping because I can’t believe we wouldn’t have something like that!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bf just doesn't seem to get it.. Woke up at 9am today getting about 7 hrs of sleep. Drank a coffee. Still exhausted. Came in our room to lay down for a bit, not even go back to sleep necessarily. He comes in 10 mins later saying he doesn't want me in bed all day. Which I haven't even done in like weeks. I told him I'm just really exhausted and don't feel good. He says well if I get up and move around and do things I won't be so tired. Not true. I'm in the midst of growing a child and a placenta still. It's extremely tiring work on my body constantly and sometimes I would just like to lay down for an hr or two. I tried to explain this to him. He said he understands but I really don't think he does. Maybe I need to get him one of those baby books meant for daddy like everyone talks about. I'm still not sure if he would get it then. 
    I'm just so damn tired, I can't help it, I don't actually want to feel this way, and everyone acts like it's a sin for a pregnant woman to lay in bed a few extra hrs in the morning...
  • Options
    @lovelycrookedfox that's so irritating.. DH is like that sometimes but with being touchy.. he always has to touch me or the belly and I just want to be left alone! 
  • Options
    Oh please ignore your boyfriend and stay in bed as long as you can and as often as possible. Once that baby comes and then grows into an active toddler who wakes up at 6:30am every morning you will both miss the ability to lay in bed when you please. Clearly I'm speaking from experience. ..I'm so tired! 
  • Options
    @lovelycrookedfox your bf makes me stabby! I would have told him since you're an adult and can do as you please, he didn't get to choose what you do! It doesn't matter that he doesn't want you in bed all day. What he wants in this matter is irrelevant. I hope you went off on him. 
  • Options
    @jomama1618 I did. He left me alone for a few hrs and I ended up getting a little shut eye. When I woke up I felt bad, I didn't feel like I had to say sorry to him for going off though. We made up. Right now we kind of share a phone, and when I asked him if I could use it for a bit I unlocked it and the first thing I saw was a baby development app opened on 9w (where I am.) It made me really happy. And thank god it backed me up with the fatigue thing on the symptoms section. He understood it a little better I think. No more telling me I can't rest if I feel like I need to, hopefully lol.