June 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/24-25

Yay! It’s the Weekend! What do you guys have going on? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/24-25

• jsl82jsl82 member
    I'm going to blame pregnancy brain but I thought the 25th was next weekend, which is when my Grandmother's surprise 80th birthday party is... and since I thought I had another week I haven't gotten her anything yet.  So now my weekend is full of shopping and family parties.  I have no idea what to get her too... ugh.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Too cold to go to any Easter activities with the kid cause they're all outside. So probably grocery shop. Then go through ds' spring/summer clothes from last year. Might start washing baby clothes. And dh is at work all day then going to a friend's for poker night... so I'll be snuggled on the couch with some
    junk food this evening.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Consignment sale this morning. My husband is putting together the ikea dresser by himself right now then taking DS to music. I’m not sure if he’ll finish the dresser before music so my plans for organizing this afternoon may be put on hold. 
  • @jsl82. Moving photo frame loaded with family pictures. It was a huge hit for MH’s grandmother. 

@marcus7676 FX he gets the dresser done. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @2589 I get those at least once or twice a week.  It's discouraging.

So, we got over a foot of snow through the night and it is still snowing.  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Austenista I'd be down with a podcast thread. I know I asked last week maybe about podcasts. :)  I'd like to find some to listen to.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @catlady1215 my mom has been on my nuts about washing baby clothes. We don't have any furniture in the nursery yet, so I'm waiting a bit longer. 

@Austenista I love going car shopping, have fun!!

AFM we were supposed to finish unpacking/decorating/cleaning the house today but I hurt all over. All of my muscles are sore this morning and also I was up last night throwing up. I may not get out of bed today. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Also I got irrationally angry reading the article on bump today about all the perks other countries get for childbirth and maternity leave. Like cool, thanks for rubbing it in that having kids in the US kinda sucks. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

•  @amphibious22 i feel we all have plenty of time to get the washing done/ready.  Tough for us cause we don't have anywhere to organize them cause chances are, baby's room won't be ready before he comes. And no where to put a dresser till it's done. So he'll be living out of boxes or stealing a drawer in big bro's room. But when I pulled it all out, some looked yellowed etc.  Got to see how much new we need.
    Rest up today! Hope you're feeling better!

@sabby2 ugh! Happy spring! :s

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • We got up early and journeyed into town for Costco Military hour. Totally worth it to me, almost no crowds which is unheard of for our Costco. Had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then got some kid stuff at Walmart. 
    Now I'm cleaning house because MIL is coming, somewhat unexpectedly, tomorrow night. 
  • Actually checking in on a weekend.  I've been out of town the past two weekends and we're all exhausted.  I introduced the kids to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory last night, and they loved it.  Did some shopping today and now I'm feeling like I just want to crawl back into bed.  I think I've been overdoing it with the work travel lately and my body just wants to curl up and (try to) sleep all weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Oh, and I picked up DS2's first pair of glasses today.  He's 3.5 and now his eyes look huge as his glasses are thick due to being farsighted.  I'm not pleased with the fit on the glasses and I'm second guessing my decision to get the glasses from our local eye doctor vs. at Children's (which is just over an hour away, but they would have had a better selection).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @aharv77 that sounds like a perfect day! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @sabby2 that sounds fabulous! 
  • @ramblebee you're so close!  Nice to see your name around here again.

@doxiemoxie212 hoping your shower far surpasses your expectations today and turns out to be a day to enjoy! 

@LaceyBee522 my mom has "banned" me from looking at my registry. I say that lightly bc shes not controlling at all and knows ill do what I want....but, she thinks it takes all the fun out of opening the gifts because I know what's in them all. I am complying because I strangely kind of agree, but it doesn't mean I'm not dying to know. She has been watching it for me because I told her I need to know if I need to add more stuff, etc. My car seat showed up on my door step on Friday. I assume it's from an out of town family member but theres zero indication as to where it came from. Being our first gift, I cried like a baby when I saw it. When I told my mom, she told me "awww honey don't cry, your real first present was the random butt ointment applicator you registered for that someone scooped up for $3.99" We both got a good laugh.
  • Update on the shower: we reserved the lounge in our apt building on the online portal which didn’t say we needed to do anything else. Building just called to tell us they won’t be letting any of our guests in unless we pay the $500 you apparently need to pay to reserve the lounge. So. Today is off to a good start lol. (Our apt is not large enough to host a party...) Anyone want to start a bet on how this resolves itself? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 those a-holes didn't think it may be appropriate to call you and let you know this piece of information before the DAY OF the party?! Ugh I am so frustrated for you and don't know how you haven't broken out in full blown breakdown. 
  • Oh @doxiemoxie212 what a mess!  :s hope things turn out better than it seems! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @amys614 my mom wants us to pay it. DH is at a gym class so I can’t contact him for another 30 min but he will want to cancel. We’re not going to get $500 in gifts. He’s already upset about how this has been handled/not planned. Meanwhile my bff has spent money on decorations and literally spent all of yesterday custom designing a coloring book for everyone to fill out etc. Siiiigh...
  • @doxiemoxie212 wait is it like a deposit on the room that you will get back if everything is cleaned and cared for properly when it’s done? Or just straight up a fee to use the room?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @2589 so $250 is a deposit, but another $250 is just to use the room, we won’t get it back. And we have to fill out this crazy contract which I need DH to review. We own our apt in this building and pay $1000/month in “‘maintenance” (which is low for nyc and supposed to pay for upkeep of common spaces, etc) so it’s nuts that we can’t use the mother fucking lounge one time. DH is going to flip out. Today will, one way or another, be terrible now lol. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that’s crazy. I wonder why they didn’t contact you about that before today. Good luck with your H and with figuring things out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 I’m sorry your shower is such a clusterf***. I’m hoping it takes a turn for the best. 

@Austenista what kind of van did you end up getting? 

AFM, DH and I stayed up wayyy to late talking last night and I’m so exhausted today. I need a nap. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Amphibious22Amphibious22 member
    edited March 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 I just popped in to say I hope your shower goes well, but obviously it's gonna take a lot for that to happen. I'm so sorry your apt. building seems to be staffed by a bunch of a-holes. I don't have good advice. There's no way my DH would pay for that either. Maybe your friends will split the cost? I mean there are 7 of them planning it. Lol. FX a solution appears and you can still find a way to enjoy the party. 

ETA: saw your update. Glad YH was in a good mood post gym and you can get past this hiccup. Looking forward to your shower post to hear how the rest of the day goes!
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Austenista  Austenista member
    edited March 2018
    @dinodna3 we went with a Pacifica. They emailed me some tutorial videos on everything it can do. There's a pretty big learning curve on my part. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It is 930 and I'm already over today. Going to send the kids out back and clean the kitchen in hopes of fixing my crappy mood. DH snapped at me this morning for no good reason and I'm definitely over his mood. He's mad because his mom and sister are coming to visit for like 5 hours and he was going to go fix his work uniform with his friend. I told him to go do it anyway, it doesn't matter to anyone if he's not here for an hour. 
    The kids never get to see his mom (they live pretty far away) and I don't mind them coming so he can get over it.

Tldr; I'm pissy and need taco bell to fix it, lol
  • I hope your shower goes well and you have a great time, despite the problems @doxiemoxie212
  • @doxiemoxie212 sending awesome shower vibes your way.  Sorry that your building was ridiculous and didn't tell you about the fee until the day of your shower.....  I hope it goes well and you at least have fun with your friends!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker