September 2018 Moms

GTKY: Mocktails

Share your favorite mocktail recipes here! 

Re: GTKY: Mocktails

• Not really a full-on mocktail, but my go-to for faking drinking was a sprite with a splash of cranberry. Sprite with vodka and a splash of cranberry is one of my go-to drinks so this was a good faking it option.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Virgin dill pickle caesars! All the added salt and dill pickle flavour is a pregnant woman’s dream  :p
  • Loading the player...
  • I had two this weekend.

1-Margarita. 1.5 oz squirt, .5 oz OJ, pinch of salt, generous 2 dashes/squirts of lime juice, 2 oz sour mix.

2-Wine spritzer. I had a huge glass. 10 oz pomegranate juice, 1-2 oz lime juice, 12 oz sparking water, flavor optional and your choice, mine was lime. FFMC-with the OK of my midwife I added a maybe 1.5 oz of actual red wine. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fauxitos :smiley:

I just use everything for a mojito except the rum.

Oh, and I've been craving lambics. So I've sort of been able to fake myself out with elderberry kombucha.
  • @born2run911 I have never heard of a dill pickle Caesar...will be googling that this evening.

@pourmeamocktail virgin margaritas are on my list of drinks for parties this summer. 

This weekend I made a drink with 1 cup blue Gatorade, 1/4 cup limeade and 1/4 cup pineapple juice. Garnish with a cherry and pineapple. It was really good, but a little sweet so I added some water to it too. 
  • I don't have recipes, but MH is super sweet about getting me specialty sodas when he buys booze. I have this elderflower lemonade right now that's really good. https://cawstonpress.com/product/elderflower-lemonade/

When it gets hotter I'll probably be searching out more things to make. Something cold and bubbly in a special glass isn't quite the same but at least it fills that "something for me" space.

I want to try a shrub - has anyone had them before? Sweetish-fruity-vinegary sounds like it fits my taste buds right now. I might try making my own, too. We have a gallon of frozen blackberries that I haven't used up after picking last summer, and they would probably make a good one. It's hard to make something you've never had, though! Nothing to compare the taste to to know how to tweak it, and with fresh fruit it can be hard to judge how much sugar to add.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • "Specialty sodas" from places like Whole Foods are pretty great. I often water them down with seltzer water because they're too sweet, though. 

I'm a big fan of a virgin mimosa--OJ and seltzer water. Really, any combination of juice added to seltzer water is yummy for a very simple option!
  • @klj0228 Caesars are the Canadian Bloody Mary, but like a million times better. Google it and see all the variations. I like mine spicy with lots of garnishes (pickles, pepperette, olives, etc.) Celery salt or a sweet rim like honey with bacon bits and other stuff is also good. 

I do virgin caesars as well, as you can tell from the above. I also like virgin mules and all kinds of flavoured sodas with berries, lime, and/or splash of juice. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• I always make everything into a spritzer anyway - I add seltzer to juice, iced tea, etc. So now I put my spritzers in a wine glass haha. 

I actually had a really good one on Saturday. Can’t find the menu online, but it was basically blackberry syrup in soda with fresh muddled blackberries and mint. I also love this cucumber mint soda drink a dim sum place nearby, that’s basically a virgin mojito. 
  • My go to has been sour soda, cranberry juice, and lime. It's fizzy and nice and tart which settles my stomach usually
  • Juice and seltzer in a wine glass! My favorite combo right now is apple juice with black cherry seltzer. Yummm 
  • arbell615 said:
    Juice and seltzer in a wine glass! My favorite combo right now is apple juice with black cherry seltzer. Yummm 
    @arbell615 ooh I’m trying that one. Last week I had pineapple juice with vanilla seltzer, which sounds weird but was amazing and beachy. 
  • born2run911born2run911 member
    edited March 2018
    @klj0228 the main ingredient is Clamato juice which sounds terrible but is a mix of clam and tomato juices and I think it can only be bought in Canada.When I travel with my friends we always smuggle it wherever we travel to. It is seriously delicious although the ingredient list sounds horrendous. @starla I’m glad someone else can vouge for it!  ;)

• I'm pretty sure I've seen Clamato juice here in the US. But if that photo is of a pickled bean flavored clam-tomato juice like I think it is, IDK if we're that hardcore here! LOL I don't know if there are different types, but I think there's some sort of Clamato usually near the V8/tomato juice. None of which sounds remotely good to me, ever.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @born2run911 we do have Clamato juice here in the US and that is actually what we use in our bloody mary’s. But I have never seen the pickled bean flavor which sounds really good! 
  • I love reading everyones recipes! My go to when we were at an all inclusive in Cancun last month was soda water with a splash of pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Virgin mojitos are delicious as well! 
    I'm not a big drinker but this summer will be hard, our routine last summer was to sit on the patio on Friday or Saturday evenings with a beverage....im going to miss that! I may ask my OB her thoughts on 1 small glass of wine per week....ive heard it's safe but all OBs have different opinions and I know if it does not come from the mouth of my OB, my husband will not be happy if I have some. Hahaha
  • +1 one for caesars! With all the pickle juice and olives. 
  • @jjess1201 My OB is not okay with drinking. Like, not a drop. But many are. My H is the same as yours- if she says no, he will go with it.
  • So. Many. (virgin) Caesars. Mmmm
    But I’m definitely going to have to try the fauxhito this summer for sure. 
    Also plan on making my own grapefruit raddler by mixing non alcoholic beer with juice! 
  • Just had this tonight! Grapefruit, basil syrup, soda and fresh basil. Very yummy. 
  • @chillmama1518 I've made my own radlers that way. It's pretty good and way less calories and than store bought. I've been buying lemon radlers.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d