Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Saturday 3/24

holly321holly321 member
edited March 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions?

Re: TWW Saturday 3/24

• Month/Cycle: 14/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 23/10 or 11, I think

Timing: either 0 or -1,O

Typical LP length:  14-15, although, I am super crampy, I am wondering if it will be shortened this cycle.

Testing:  maybe tomorrow, I am trying to not waste tests though. My temp had a slight drip again, which, probably isn't a drop and my temps earlier in the week we're probably a bit higher since I was sick.

R/R:  not much going on, just cleaning up around the house.  

CS/Q: 

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions? Not really since TW (death)
     my grandma passed a few years ago, although I do make Pickled beet eggs like she always did, which I will probably start today or tomorrow. End Tw
    But, I am trying to o start one by going to an amazing fish fry on Good Fridays. 
  • Hi guys! I'm back. I was hanging around here a few months back but then found out H had a work trip opportunity that we needed to delay TTC for. He got it (yay!), and now we're beyond the window of when he'll be back from it so we're ready to get rolling again.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 18/3 I guess. I usually O on CD21, so this month kind of caught me off guard.

Timing: 0, +2, or it could be -1, +1. Which I like better.

Typical LP length: Like 9 days?

Testing: Clearly not yet. I'm not even sure if FF has my crosshairs right. It's all very confusing.

R/R: I'm making leftover cereal cookies this morning and they smell so yum.

CS/Q: Here's my chart. Looks pretty sloppy. I've had this weird cold for the past week and the congestion just started a couple nights ago, so I'm wondering if my disrupted sleep could be the cause of the higher temperatures.

**TW**TW**TW**TW**
    I've had zero CM but I'm still nursing my son on wake and before bed, so I'm guessing that's fooling with my cycle. If it doesn't happen for a while, it doesn't happen. I'm trying to be chill about it.

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions? We're Eastern Orthodox, so yes. The whole thing is just indescribable. It's a real marathon. We moved away from our home parish in Vegas this summer, but we'll be going back for the week before Easter (Pascha is what we call it). There's a service every day from Monday through Wednesday, then two a day Thursday through Saturday. Saturday at 11 p.m. is our big Easter service, and it lasts until around 2 a.m., and then there's a big fast-breaking party after that. It's nuts. So much fun. The Russians from the city come out in droves and the church is just packed. Then after all that we go home, get as much sleep as we can before the morning service and blessing of baskets, and after that service all the church regulars go to the priest's house for a huge meal. Did I say it's incredible? Because it is.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 40/not sure anymore. I thought I O'd on CD 24, but now I'm thinking maybe CD 28. If it was CD 24 I'd be "late" but I've gotten BFNs the last couple days. 

Timing: idk anymore

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: just waiting for AF at this point

R/R: ugh I'm doing some major SS, but I think AF is on her way at this point. It sucks because I never have PMS symptoms this strong so I really got my hopes up. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions?
    My family always got together for Easter dinner and to hunt for eggs at my grandmas. The whole family doesn't get together anymore though since my grandma passed a few years ago. We don't have any traditions yet. **TW child** I got some stuff to dye eggs this week, so I plan to do that with DS for the first time this year! ** End TW**
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited March 2018
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 32/11

Timing: -1, 0

Typical LP length: not sure yet

Testing: daily

R/R: The sun is out today and it feels so nice. I might try to go for a walk with DH and the dog this afternoon to take advantage and get some natural Vitamin D while I'm at it.

CS/Q: feeling more and more like I'm probably out this cycle, been crampy on and off the last few days and only have single-digit points on FF's early signs estimator. Who knows though, planning to keep testing until I either get a BFP or AF.

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions? We used to get together as an extended family every year, but it's gotten more relaxed over the past few years, especially after I, then my sister, moved out. My aunt's family is coming over to my parents' this year though which is always fun, and we'll probably combine it with my mom's birthday celebration since her birthday is right after Easter this year.

ETA tags:

@holly321 Is there a specific fish fry you're planning to go to, or just in general?

@PensiveCrayon what are leftover cereal cookies?

@CecilB93 We used to do the egg hunts when we were younger, it was fun but a little challening because there's a 17-year age range among the cousins, so us older ones usually held back a bit to make it fair. After a bit some of us older cousins started helping hide the eggs instead of searching for them.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @CecilB93 Have fun with the egg dyeing. That was always my favorite thing to do with my mama every year. 

Month/Cycle: 4th iui

Cycle Day/DPO: 21/7dpiui

Timing: -2, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14, 16

Testing: 3/31

R/R: I'm happy it's the weekend. Mh is usually on 10 when he gets home with self imposed projects, etc. I asserted that we spend time together last night. We shared some wine and went into the bedroom at 10, lit some candles, turned on a small lamp, and tried out a new show together. That was really nice because we talked a little while before that and read some of Mark Manson's blog together. He has never heard of it and thought it was amusing. 

Eta: Got my labs back from the full thyroid panel I did a couple of days ago. It looks like everything else was normal if I interpreted it right. The good news is the antibody test came back negative so no Hashis as of now. I'm tempted to ask for an u/s on my thyroid just to be certain since there is a % of people who don't show positive on the antibody test. Not to SS, but I want to make sure so that I don't keep making stories up in my head from the anxiety about it all. My tsh level also came down to 4 something on its own. That's still high but maybe my body was adjusting back to normal or something. I have no idea why it went up when it never has before. Logic makes me think that it probably had something to do with treatment cycles and the experience I had last cycle. 

CS/Q: No

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions? No. I'm not a holiday person and I'm not really sure why. Mh does this cute thing where he gets me an easter basket with all the stuff. He ends up eating most of it. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @fantasyflyte they’re basically chocolate chip cookies made with leftover cereal. I used the peanut butter chocolate cheerios that I purchased on a whim and didn’t love, and they’re alright. It was my first time making them. A good way to use up old cereal!

Also your chart looks pretty, so fx you’re not out!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @fantasyflyte I remember being just old enough to help my older cousins hide eggs for my sister and younger cousin to find. That was almost more fun anyways!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited March 2018
    @holly321 - I’m glad you’re feeling better. I hope the cramps aren’t too bad!
    @cecilb93 - sorry the strong symptoms are faking you out. It’s happened to me too and it’s the biggest mind f*ck. *hugs*
    @fantasyflyte - hope you enjoy your walk this afternoon!
    @suzycupcake- glad you and YH had some quality time last night!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Congratulations on finishing! My sister and her partner train for those every now and again. I hear it's a really rough process. Someday, I hope that I'll be able to do it. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @PensiveCrayon, welcome back, and those cookies sounds yummy, I might give them a try!  Your Easter tradition sounds wonderful.  We are in between churches, so while we will acknowledge the religious part, it is hard this year without anywhere to go.
    @CecilB93, I hate how bad the pls symptoms seem when  you are trying.  I was thinking last night, do I really feel this crappy one week out of the month, every cycle?  How did I not notice.  Have fun dying eggs.
    TW children mentioned
    Both my kids are special needs and I feel like they don't always enjoy all the holiday traditions, but they LOVE dying eggs.  I may have bought 4.5 dozen last night (plus what our chickens lay.)
    @fantasyflyte, it is a particular one.  My friend's church does it, and it looks amazing m. We were going to do it last year but my dad broke a tooth and needed emergency surgery and it didn't work out.   I hope you enjoyed the weather and had a nice walk today.
    @suzycupcake, I am sorry you aren't getting clear answers with your thyroid issues.  I have been in a similar situation with my autoimmune disease and another time before.  It is infuriating being unsure what is wrong with you.  I hope you get answers.  Your evening with your DH sounds nice.  I feel like DH and I haven't had enough time to connect lately (he too always gets into a project on the weekends, plus illness,vetc lately). So I have been trying harder to make just some us time, we just started a new show.  What are you guys watching?
    @catlady2015, that's great about your 5k!  I am running one soon and had been training to hopefully run a good chunk of it.  There is no way I won't improve my time at least, but I feel like that hurts my motivation.  TW I'll ness

I was getting chemo from my molar pregnancies with my only 2 other 5ks I have done.... So understandably, I did not have good times.  I actually didn't even do the whole first one but had already committed and was with my friends 70+ year old mother, so it was okay.

• @holly321 Thank you <3 The most frustrating part is that I hope to not have another issue on top of having MS. I know it is common when you have one to get another, but dammeT! 

We watched the first episode of the kettering incident and really liked it. We also watch the americans, billions, homeland, vikings, collateral, and game of thrones. What are you watching?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake, we just started the Magicians.  I have been wanting to watch. Vikings, we may watch it next.

I forgot that you had MS, I know I had seen that elsewhere. I have a lupus like issue, that isn't quite lupus, and I feel like there is always something goingon, and not being sure if the new symptom is part of the original disease, or in addition to it.  My family used to act like I was a hypochondriac, but most are finally seeing it all comes together.
  • @holly321 I hear you. Mine did the same. Heck, I even thought I was at some point. It's hard not to blame everything on that right?! People always say not to, but when you have a symptom that beats you down and then goes away in a couple of minutes for another one to start, what do you do with that? Lol, neurologicalllly is weird!

Oh I love the magicians! I'm waiting for a new season to come out. You'd probably also like shadowhunters.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @wishiwaspreggo How are you feeling today?

@Kabazaba What's the verdict on your roof?

@PensiveCrayon Welcome back! :)

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Been SO busy the past two days, missed checking in with you guys!!

@holly321 I am so intrigued by pickled beet eggs, I'll have to look that up! And I'm still crossing fingers for you this cycle. Hope you're still in it!

@PensiveCrayon Hi there! I have never heard of cereal cookies either! You guys are inspiring me to add stuff to my pinterest recipe board (that I will one day get around to using, lol.)

@CecilB93 Hopefully they're not AF symptoms! Fx for you! Also, it is just so annoying how similar PMS and pregnancy symptoms are, ugh.

@fantasyflyte Oh a sunshiney walk with the husband and the dog sounds amazing. I should do that myself before the sun sets!

@suzycupcake So glad you don't have hashimoto's! (It is kind of a pain in the ass, lol.)  And yes, your TSH can totally fluctuate due to things like TW pregnancy, miscarriage and postpartum hormone shifts end TW it is very temperamental!  Hopefully it keeps settling down and gets back in the ideal range too.

@catlady2015 Wow, congrats on the 5k and beating your time by over 5 minutes! That's awesome! I need to get myself in shape and sign up for a 5k soon. I really enjoy running them (even if I mostly walk, haha) and haven't in forever.

Month/Cycle: 2/2 ***TW after 2 losses end TW***

Cycle Day/DPO: CD23/DPO10

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1, +2

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: I am getting SO antsy about testing even though I know it's too early. I keep putting my info into pregnancy tests calculators as if they're somehow going to tell something different this time. Ugh. I was aiming for Wednesday but I'm guessing I'll cave and test Monday or Tuesday. I just want to *know* if I'm out or not already.

R/R: Rant: work has been completely and totally insane. I can't even describe it, but basically everyone in another department is incompetent and may get fired and I've had to be in a lot of awkward meetings that make my conflict averse stomach ache. Rave: My husband and I took half days yesterday and celebrated our 5th anniversary downtown and it was WONDERFUL. It's been forever and a day since we've had a date and thanks to a perk of his work we were able to go to an incredibly fancy steakhouse and it was a delight.

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: do you have any Easter/Passover traditions? Just dyeing eggs and egg hunts, though I'd like to come up with some other traditions probably. Like a nice family dinner or something? I don't know!
  • People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI