Pregnant after IF

Aftermath of progesterone injections

Hi Ladies,
I made it through the 11 weeks of daily progesterone injections in my butt. Towards the end I couldn't do any in my left cheek.  Now, I have developed numbness, tingling, and pain!  It happens mostly when I lay on that hip (now that I'm 20 weeks I need that hip to alternate sleeping on!).  I did several sessions of dry needling and medical massage to help remove the knots that built up.  It helped so much, but I still have that numbness/tingling and occasional pain when I lay on the hip.  Did anyone else experience this and how did you resolve it???  Desperate lady here.
Pregnancy Ticker
IVF baby girl born 7/2018  <3
TTC 2013. FET 11/17 - BFP after attempt #6!

Re: Aftermath of progesterone injections

• I'm sorry to say that nerve damage just takes time. I had very bad numbness from my last pregnancy. I stopped the shots in June, and I STILL have some numbness and tingling. It's gotten much better, and it doesn't sound like yours was as bad. 

Not all the damage you describe has to do with nerves, so I bet you'll feel mostly better soon. The knots go away in a few weeks. <3
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• PS. It's been much better this round because we've maintained the circles on my butt from the nurse. I think the problems happened because DH had a tendency to drift. 
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Loading the player...
  • We were very cautious about where we did the shots, even watched a few videos to make sure they were done right. Anything could happen though.  However it's been 9 weeks since I've been done with the shots and I can't sleep on my back or stomach any more. So, some nights I'm pretty miserable :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• nmtaynmtay member
    The only thing I have to add is walk. Like, a lot. I didn't develop knots for the first few weeks because my doctor told me that the best thing to do to let them out is to walk, so even while I was ready to throw up, I walked circles around my living room as much as possible, or paced in the hall outside my bathroom. I did build up knots and had terrible bruising by the end, but again walking regularly was the most helpful thing I did. I would also suggest trying to put pillows under your waist and/or hips or wherever helps when sleeping. 
  • I stopped my PIO almost 2 months ago and I still have numbness and sensitivity but its actually not where we did the shots. The sensitivity is more on the side of my thighs.  DH will sometimes playfully pat me there and I squeal in pain every-time.  WTH.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Yes that's where I have it - on the outside of my thighs and hips.  This is what I think I have: Meralgia paresthetica
    And now that the shots have been done for 9 weeks, I can't do anything about the damage they caused.  Just wondering if this happened to anyone else and what they are doing now to fix it??
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My ivf babies are 1 year old. So ivf was a year and a half ago. I still have some issues from the PIO. Just recently husband jokingly grabbed my hip and it hurt so for days. I think scar tissue builds up and you cant do much for it :(

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017