April 2018 Moms
Options

Possible Pre eclampsia at 36 weeks

Hello! 
I went to the dr on monday for my normal appointment and my blood pressure was elevated and protein was found in my urine. I have a follow up appointment on friday to check my blood pressure and urine. He also told me that if my blood pressure is up and the protein is still in my urine they are going to induce me on next monday!!
The dr also drew blood on this past monday and my blood work looked okay. Besides fatigue and swelling I feel okay. I'm just nervous because i have been monitoring my own blood pressure at home and it is still high. I feel like i should try to get in earlier to see what is really going on with my pressure. Anyone ever experienced this before??

Re: Possible Pre eclampsia at 36 weeks

• Options
    I don't really have any personal experience with this.  But if your swelling gets worse or if you have a headache that won't go away, maybe call your Dr they might see you sooner.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I don't personally but my SIL and sister both had pre e. My SOL had an emergency c section due to hers. And my sister was admired to the hospital right after her Dr appointment to monitor. They did a c section 4 or 5 days later. I am assuming your blood pressure is only slightly elevated or they would have admitted you right away if it was too dangerous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was teetering on Pre-E with my first. My blood pressure was rising and I was incredibly swollen. I went in for twice-weekly non-stress tests and they monitored me closely. But all was well. Thankfully, you're at the stage in pregnancy that if you did need to be induced, the baby will be fine. So try to relax (easier said than done I know!!) The doctors know what they are doing and won't put you or baby in harms way.
  • Options
    @danniluv How did your appointment go?
  • Options
    @btm013 they ended up admitting me and i delivered. He was born at 36 weeks and 4 days. My blood pressure was a lot higher than it was on monday
  • Options
    luna8433luna8433 member
    edited March 2018
    Congratulations @danniluv how are you and the baby?
  • Options
    @luna8433 we are doing well. Breast feeding is a challenge but we will get through it
  • Options
    Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @danniluv oh my! Congrats! hope your delivery/induction went well.
  • Options
    Congrats :)
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018