April 2018 Moms
Options

Mucus plug - NO PICTURES please!

Anyone lose theirs yet?

Also, for STM/TTM’s when did you go into labor after losing yours?

Re: Mucus plug - NO PICTURES please!

• Options
    I’m pretty sure I lost some of mine today. Thanks to Dr Google Images for confirming haha. 

With my first, I lost mine at 39 weeks went into labor that evening (my water started to leak). So, I’m trying not to freak out as I’m only 36 weeks. Mainly bc I’m a tax accountant and still have lots of work to do!!! I actually asked my doctor this week if I lost it did I need to call and she said no she didn’t care. Doesn’t mean anything so I’m hoping  that’s the case here.
  • Options
    @btm013 we were in the same bmb the first time, I lost pieces starting at 35 weeks and a nice big chunk before 38 weeks. She was born 38w6d. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I have read is that losing your mucus plug isn't an indicator. 

With my first I didn't lose it till I was in pre labor.
  • Options
    I lost my mucus plug with my 1st after my OB stripped my membranes and had her less than 24 hours later. 

So question for you ladies, tonight Im pretty sure I had my 'bloody show'. I has pretty dark brown blood on my pad with a little clotting with it. Totally freaked me out so started googling and am thinking that's what it is. Now I'm really freaking because it says labor should be starting soon especially if this isn't your first baby. I'm only 36 weeks!! I won't be full term till Saturday! And I'm not ready!!
  • Options
    I've lost mine like 4 times! The first time was about 3 weeks ago and it was huuuuge. I'm 33+5. I lose it every time I have sex
  • Options
    @jkatkins I would call your OB to let him/her know and then sit tight. Making it to 37 weeks is great! Baby will be fine! My OB told me she won’t stop labor after 36 weeks. 
  • Options
    With DS, I lost mine the night before my water broke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my third and I don't loose my plug until I'm in labour. Apparently it's not a sure sign you will go into labour and can have 'bloody shows' more than once. I wouldn't worry unless contractions start or you have any other signs of labour starting. 
  • Options
    @btm013 I was there this morning getting a glucose test and let her know. She said it still could be another 1-2 weeks but any day at the same time so who knows. Its just a sign that basically ill probably go on my own  without having to be induced which is great.  As soon as cramping or contractions start she said go to the hospital and let her know. Nothing is really happening now but I'm definitely on high alert. Plus I had a little bit of pink mucus this morning so I'm assuming it's the mucus plug. 
  • Options
    I’m 37 weeks today and still no evidence of losing mine, that I know of, but my doctor did tell me today that it can happen even 3-4 weeks before labor starts so it’s nothing to get too excited about. It happens as you begin to efface and dialate, and baby starts working downwards. 
  • Options
    I wish that I would lose mine...lol maybe i would go into labor naturually. But so far...not the case.
  • Options
    I lost mine this morning and have had constant back pain and period pain since. Contractions are too far apart to do anything right now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go into labor tomorrow.
  • Options
    Good luck @btm013 and @midnight-muse!! Hope you have easy deliveries and healthy babies!! @itsrandiyo I thought I had my bloody show and lost my mucus plug last Thursday but here I am a week plus later and nothing. Still waiting... 
  • Options
    Last night I thought I was leaking and my water was on the verge of breaking because that's what happened my first pregnancy. But no contractions. After I used the restroom a few times, turned out to be my mucus plug. I'm 38 weeks, 3 days. My first child labor started at 38 weeks, 2 days. So I'm hoping history repeats itself. Soon!
  • Options
    I've had more mucus today but things have seemed to have slowed down a bit! I've been reading up on the latent phase of labor and it's a little disappointing  :/ I could go for another couple of days or weeks feeling like I'm in labor :( There was no 'Am I in labor?' with my other two. I just need to be patient I guess :#
  • Options
    @midnight-muse good luck! I've been losing mucus heaps the last couple days. Also had mildly painful tightening and cramping last night and this morning. Still random so not worried, just definutely new. Curious as to how my body will react to / progress into labor since I have NO IDEA ha.
  • Options
    @priestess619 the pain has started again, but I'm not holding my breath. I've had two babies and I'm still clueless with what's going on! I've always just gone into labor with no faffing around. Apparently all this prep makes labor a little shorter as we are doing a lot of the work now with the cervix dilating. Who knows. Pregnancy and labor is so unpredictable  :| Good luck to you too!
  • Options
    My mucus plug came out on the 10th. I was shocked it came out that early.  I was having bad period and back pains yesterday morning but nothing progressed. I'm 36 weeks today. 
  • Options
    With my first, I lost my mucus plug about 3 days before labor started. I had had a cervical check about 5 days before that and was closed; check 2 days after I lost the plug and I was 3 cm 50%. (They swept membranes and went into active labor/delivered the next day). 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker