Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread w/o 3/19

Not new to the app, but new to posting. Started a board because I didn’t see one and was excited to introduce myself and meet everyone else.

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread w/o 3/19

• Hi @erinbh and thanks for kicking off this thread! 

I’m new to the group too, a former lurker back after a long hiatus, so here’s my intro.

Ages (you and SO): 32 (me) and 35 (DH)

How many months have you been TTC? IUD juuuust came out and this is month 1!

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? temping with Mabel, OPK, CP/CM to figure out where I’m at in my cycle and what is going on post-Mirena

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) DH and I have DD (18 months old) two rescue kitties and our first and biggest baby, a rescue mutt. We love being outside exploring the woods, mountains and beaches.

Newbie Question: Is it preferred to TW when I mention DD? I saw in the intro post that children didn’t need a TW but a recent post flagged living children as potentially sensitive topics. Not that I’m planning on having the conversation revolve around her, but just in case mentioning her in a GTKY makes sense. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • @LemonofBluebell if you are mentioning children use a TW or a spoiler unless it's in the TFAS (trying for a sibling) thread.  In the TWW and WTO threads it's asked you don't mention them at all unless it's an important part of the conversation.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Ages (you and SO): I'm 29, my husband is 41.

How many months have you been TTC? Only actively for one month, but technically three because **TW** we had an early loss in January, benched a month after that, followed by one month of unsuccessful TTC, and now we're benched for another month due to husband being out of town for two weeks when I will most likely O. I've been hanging out in the TTCAL forum since January, thought I'd pop over here too! **end TW**

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Checking CM and OPK. I'm not temping at this point, but I'll probably start if nothing happens after several months of TTC with no result. Putting it off because I get up at 5:30 am on weekdays and would prefer not to do that on weekends. I do use FF still, although I realize it's mostly geared towards the temping crowd. It works great for keeping track of all the other stuff too! 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm originally from Norway, but I've lived in WA for the past three years. I work in a small office, draw and paint on the side, and love going to galleries and museums. We have a giant, fluffy white kitty who is a retired office cat. No children (yet!).

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024