October 2018 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Hello everyone!  I'm a first-time mom-to-be and can't believe that I'm even posting.  Crazy!  Excited to share this journey with all of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies!  Late to this board-my calculation for EDD is 10/31, first appointment 3/24, hoping to hear a heartbeat by then!
    DH and I have a DS May'15 and a fur baby.
    Nervous about bringing a new baby into family with a VERY spirited 3YO!  We have to renovate to add a bedroom before EDD, and  I'm a SAHM.  This should be fun!  
    We live in SD, CA and I enjoy gardening and neighborhood strolls.
    Looking forward to GTKY'all!
    Woohoo, at last a fellow San Diegan! I have a very energetic 2.5 year old, also a bit worried about his current struggles with being soft and gentle. 
  • @ohmotherofboys welcome! We have quite a few of us Canadians on here :) I am also in Ontario!
  • @ohmotherofboys I'm from Toronto! 
    @nasalot188 We will eventually need to do a meet up or something! There is a group of us from Ontario!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @chyvie I’m in Tweed about half way between Toronto and Ottawa!
  • Hey all!

I am late to the party as I have been waiting for my first appointment/confirmation before posting. My husband and I have a 3 year boy, and this new little one is expected October 8. I live in small town Kansas, work as a hair stylist and enjoy anything outdoors and cooking and trying new foods. I have generalized anxiety and am trying to keep my mental health in check and watch for PPD which i had last time. We are excited to see our family grow and adjusting to our new normal!
  • @chelseamomof2
    hello fellow anxious hairstylist! Lol i know what you mean about anxiety really bad and no energy whatsoever. Are you working long shifts or able to take breaks? My feet are dead after a Saturday. 
  • @lydialeon82 anniversary buddy! Ours is also the 24th, but baby is due on the 15th (DH's birthday). Welcome!
  • @debbyjane I'm trying to take as many breaks as possible, and limiting my double booking! (On a break right now lol) I just need to make sure that I make time to eat! By the end of the day I just shove all the junk into my mouth haha!
  • Hi everyone! I'm a ftm with a due date of October 15th. I've had a rocky first trimester so far with a few big scares, but the baby keeps growing at a healthy pace with a healthy heartbeat, so the doctors are no longer worried. It's still taking a while for me, though! I'm just starting to feel a bit more secure in this pregnancy. In the meantime, morning sickness is kicking my butt!
    I look forward to being a part of a supportive community and getting to know you all, and learn both from and with you. This whole thing is such a crazy miracle!
  • @lydialeon82 @ShawnaG123 we all have the same due date, 10/24! How interesting to find others who might have babies the same day! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • j_joyj_joy member
    Hey everyone!

I am a 39 years old from Wisconsin.  We just found out that my due date is the very last day of the month...October 31st. This is my second pregnancy, the first I miscarried.  I am trying to stay optimistic,  but must admit that's it's been hard.  So far it's been rough.  I started getting nausea a couple weeks ago and came down with a cold this week, so that might be why I haven't been able to kick these negative feeling. 
    My husband and I have been trying for the past 5-6 years without luck until now! Up until this point together we have only had fur babies,  2 dogs and 1 chinchilla (our 2nd chinny passed a couple months ago).  My husband does have 2 kids from previous relationships, they are 12 & 17, who we spend as much time with as possible.
    I am sure I will have lots of questions for you all! 
  • Did I miss something?
  • @cdepperschmidt Threatening jobs and shit! Lord. Those ladies are MEAN.
  • LovelyMommy91LovelyMommy91 member
    edited March 2018
    Hi Ladies, I'm Jené! I'm 26 and living in Florida. I am currently expecting my second child, due 10-29-18. DS will be 7 next month and I homeschool him while also working full-time. He is very excited to know that he is finally set to be a big brother!

Just to mention, I was heavily active on the boards wwaaayyyy back in 2011 and 2012, and just a bit in 2013. I lurked on and off for a while in the years after that before becoming inactive on the site. I'm surprised I even remembered my password to log back in after all this time lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey ladies! Currently pregnant with my 3rd, I have 2 children already, aged 15 and 10. Got to say I'm quite nervous this time round, being as it took me and my SO over a year to concieve. I had a chemical miscarriage last November and it's also been a long 10 years since my last pregnancy! Got my first scan booked for next week :) Nice to meet you all, wishing you all a smooth pregnancy and hope we speak soon! 
  • prheetprheet member
    edited March 2018
    Hello ladies!  :)

This is my first pregnancy - due date October 10th.  

I live in Canada and I enjoy sleeping a lot. Haven't had many pregnancy symptoms.. At first my breasts got sore, but I feel like they are back to normal. I'm noticing sometimes I have to get up at night to pee. And this past weekend I got dizzy twice. I just hope the pregnancy is going ok since I'm not really feeling much.

I don't really know the etiquette here, if there is one to be followed. . To be honest I'm not even sure I'm getting notifications on my replies. But I think introducing myself here might mean I'll notice more notifications lol. 

I'm starting my 12th week tomorrow so I'm excited to end the first timester soon. My jeans are starting to get a bit tighter.. But I'm really excited to actually start showing. 

Questions :

When did u start showing the first time around? 
    - my belly pretty soft still but bigger, so I'm assuming it's just bloating, but when I stand I can feel that it's gotten firmer. Does this mean that's the baby getting bigger??

When did u ladies start feeling flutters? 

How have ur first time pregnancies been?

Is there anything I should know, ask, be doing...? 

Looking forward to ur tips and responses.

Thanks! Xo
  • @prheet Welcome! That's a lot of great questions. I highly recommend you check out a few of the threads already started. 

Every Monday we have a weekly symptoms check-in. It's great to see what others are feeling. This week's is here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12726493/symptoms-week-of-3-26#latest

We also have a great First Time Moms (FTM) thread that a lot of our experienced mommas have been helping answer questions on: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12724204/advice-for-first-time-moms#latest

We also have a weekly general questions thread that some of your questions would be great on: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12726374/questions-3-23#latest 
  • @mindykalingismyspiritanimal I'm from AZ! What part are you from?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2018
    Hi Mamas, 

I've been lurking on this page for 2 weeks but have was only able to post starting today, sorry for being a little late to the party!

This is my first ever pregnancy and I'm very excited, although still a little in disbelief. Due Date is October 28th (hoping to avoid and actual Halloween delivery but I'll be over the moon either way!) 

Originally from a small town in Oregon but moved to Colorado right out of high school to attend college. I currently own my own business as a personal chef and nutritionist. Always happy to answer your food questions!

My husband and I have been married for just over a year and live in a suburb of Denver with our two dogs, Cannon and Tillie. 

So excited to experience this journey with all of you! Here's to a lot of happy and healthy pregnancies and beautiful little babies.
  • Hey @ShawnaG123 long time no see ;)
  • @appleofmyeye1028 happy you’re here! I live in springs!
  • @aframe77 - I used to live in Anchorage!  I don’t miss winter, but I could totally go for lunch at Middle Way Cafe. 
  • aframe77aframe77 member
    edited March 2018
    @knottieamusements - and now I’m craving huevos rancheros!!❤️ Middleway!!!
  • Hello Everyone! 

I'm a little late to the group, but I'm glad to be here! My husband and I got married May '17 and have been together for 6 years. This is our first child and we couldn't be more excited! EDD is Oct. 27th.
    Cannot wait to get to the second trimester since my morning sickness has been so bad. I've literally tried everything in the book and nothing works