November 2018 Moms
Options

PAIF 3/17/18

Let's get to know each other. Share with us any IF/loss background you would like to share and how things are going for you now. 

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here. 

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Check in any time during the week you have news to share or need support. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: PAIF 3/17/18

• Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My husband and I struggled with infertility for the past 5.5 years. I was diagnosed with DOR (AFC 6 with AMH 0.6) and my husband with low testosterone/low sperm count. *TW* I did have one CP in July of 2017 that I did not share with my husband as it was so quick I didn't have time to really tell anyone *TW*. Other than that I did not have any other pregnancies until my BFP on 3/10. For this pregnancy I was on clomid CD 3-7, Gonal-F 150mg CD 10, ovidrel CD 12 and back to back IUI on CD 13/14. Somehow we got very lucky and conceived during our first IUI cycle. I'm 4w5d today and I still feel like I'm in shock. I have stopped POAS as frequently but I still do it occasionally just to ease my mind that this isn't real. My betas are progressing nicely but I'm still afraid to get excited as it took us so long to get here. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• Options
    Hi ladies!  Sorry for the wall of text!  <3

My husband and I have been TTC since January of 2014.  After failing to conceive for three years we decided to see a RE last year and it was determined that our main issue is MFI (low count and low motility).  I do have mild PCOS but was ovulating every month though my cycles were a little longer than normal (30-32 days) and I had a uterine septum.  I have had no pregnancies before this one.

While my husband was getting testing done regarding his MFI he learned that he has coverage for fertility treatments.  Unfortunately, last year as we had not planned on needing to go to a RE we were on separate insurance plans (me through my work and he through his).  This meant we couldn't try IVF until this year when I would be on his insurance.  Since we had to wait we decided to try three IUIs even though we knew there would be a low chance of success (we were told 8%).  After the three failed IUIs we decided that we should have the uterine septum removed before moving on to IVF.  The septum wasn't huge 1.4 cm (they don't do anything with septums typically if they are 1 cm or smaller) but my RE and I decided that we didn't want to risk it causing issues with IVF.  I had the surgery to remove my septum in November 2017 and they were able to remove nearly all of it (less than .4 cm remains) so that means that were good to go for IVF!

In January we did my IVF cycle and retrieved 12 eggs.  We did a fresh transfer with a 3 day embryo and froze another 3 day embryo and two 5 day embryos.  The fresh transfer failed and so we moved right on to a FET the next cycle.  We transferred one of the 5 day blastocysts on 3/2.

I found out on 3/8 that there was a malfunction in the tank on 3/3 (the day after my transfer) where my remaining two embryos were frozen that caused them to no longer be viable.  This loss meant that if I didn't get a BFP I would need to do another IVF cycle to retrieve more embryos before we could try again.

On 3/11 I woke up and decided to test so that I would be prepared for my results of my beta on 3/14 (I was expecting it to be negative and didn't want to break down when I got my results at work).  Much to my surprise I got a BFP!  I called the next day to see if I could move my beta up so that I wouldn't need to wait until Wednesday to get it confirmed.  They were able to fit me in and confirmed my pregnancy.

Unfortunately, they are having me wait a week for my second beta (it will be this coming Monday) so I don't know how it's doubling.  The fact that I haven't had my second beta to show that everything is progressing is a little stressful for me especially since I haven't really had many symptoms.  I had been testing every day but it was stressing me out so I started testing every other day just to show myself that it's still positive!  I will probably stop testing all together after my beta on Monday.
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teen and told I would need medical intervention to ever conceive. We tried for DS for just over a year. I had an RE appointment scheduled for December when I got my bfp in November.

We started ttc #2 when DS was  yr old(2015). No luck a year later so I finally made it to an RE appointment. We did all the tests, SA and HSG just to confirm the only problem was lack of ovulation. They had me do 3 cycles of clomid and I got a bfp on cycle 3, but this ended in a chemical pregnancy(late 2016). 
    At that point, my RE said he wasn't going to help us anymore until my a1c (I'm type 2 diabetic) was under 6.0 for at least 6 months. My a1c at the time was 6.3. I took some time to work on my health, lost some weight and got my a1c down. Went back to same RE and he said I needed to lose another 40lbs...

At this point (mid 2017) it devastated me that he was refusing to help yet again and I gained back the 25lbs I had already lost. I ended up losing the weight, again,  and we decided to just try naturally. We attended a foster/adoption meeting last month, looking to start that path but then I got my bfp this month after having a natural cycle for the first time since last September. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    edited March 2018
    @middleschoolmommy sorry your RE was butt about your weight. Sometimes I get upset because some doctors think it’s just so easy to lose 40lbs. I’m overweight as well and my RE and I discussed the risks at my first visit and he never brought it up again! My doctor is also making me wait between betas...about 5 days. I’m not sure why though. My third one is supposed to be on Tuesday but I think I’ll just show up tomorrow morning instead lol.

@marfi236  I can’t believe they had a tank failure at the clinic...I didn’t even know that could happen. However, I’m glad that you got your BFP so you didn’t need to worry about going through another retrieval cycle! 

• Options
    @linz36 Unfortunately, we will have to do another retrieval sometime (unless the embryo split and we have twins) so that we can give this LO a sibling!  But it'll be another year or so down the line so it'll be way more reasonable.
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.

September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
  • Options
    Do I still go here if we were working with an RE for a year (6 IUIs with one loss in there) with a known infertility diagnosis but got a surprise BFP a couple months before we were doing IVF? 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Yes you belong here! This group is for those of us who struggled with infertility regardless of how you got your BFP! Welcome!!!!

• Options
    @mockingjay1 I hope so! I say yes you do, but that's because I hope I do too :smile:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks @linz36 & @middleschoolmommy

I was pretty active on the infertility boards (my screen name was dmo1371 until recently). @marfi236 - I remember seeing your name because I lurked the IUI threads while I was waiting for my d&c and during my 2-3 wait to ttc again after. I'm so sorry about your clinic's malfunction. I'm really glad they will pay for another round of IVF. I know one of the million papers I signed where we were going to do IVF they said if something like that happened there they basically weren't liable  :/

We've been TTC #2 since last February. You can see my history in my siggy, but I have PCOS and very rarely ovulate on my own. Our third IUI was successful but was a chromosome 16 so I had a d&c at 9.5 weeks when the heart beat finally went away (it was 2.5 weeks of agony just waiting). We did 3 more IUIs with no success and changed clinics to do IVF there. Had our testing done at the new clinic out of state and I actually ovulated on my own that cycle. My temperature was still high 15dpo and I happened to have 1 hpt and was completely shocked it was positive. I've been on edge every since praying this baby has 46 chromosomes and will be our rainbow baby. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Hey all!

My RPL started when I conceived for the second time May 17 when DS turned 1.

That pregnancy miscarried naturally at 5 weeks 4 days. I started spotting.

I got pregnant again 2 months later and found out at the 7 week US, it was a blighted ovum. Sac stopped growing, no baby.

2 months later, I got pregnant again but HCG never got past 80 and progesterone was 4. I started bleeding at past 5 weeks.

Now I’m pregnant again. I got my beta tested and at 4 weeks 1 day, my beta was 157 and progesterone is 25. I’m going again at 4 weeks 3 days (tomorrow). FX!!

if anyone has had their beta and progesterone, what were yours at?
  • Options
    We've been ttc for over 1.5 years. I had 2 HSGs a couple months ago (one tube was blocked the first time) and while we were waiting for our next steps I got my BFP! 7w3d today! After reading all your stories, women struggling with infertility are the strongest, most amazing women! 
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    edited March 2018
    @tgortney and @pitbullmama71 Welcome to the group! 
    My labs were as follows:
    12dpiui beta 51, progesterone 15.5
    16dpiui beta 550
    20dpiui beta 3450, progesterone 26

• Options
    @tgortney I had my progesterone checked on 4dp5dt/9dpo and it was 41, and they haven't checked it since.  My beta at 4w1d (10dp5dt/15dpo) was 101 and my second beta was yesterday at 5w1d (17dp5dt/22dpo) was 3061!

• Options
    linz36 said:
    @tgortney and @pitbullmama71 Welcome to the group! 
    My labs were as follows:
    12dpiui beta 51, progesterone 15.5
    16dpiui beta 550
    20dpiui beta 3450, progesterone 26

Thanks!! Wow those are some good numbers!