Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 3/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite season?

Re: TWW Tuesday 3/20

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 28/7

Timing: -1, 0

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: I may or may not have been unable to resist peeing on a stick this morning even though I knew it was 99% probably too early; realistically probably Friday

R/R: Rant - I feel crampy and crappy today. I really hope it's either implantation or random non-TTGP-related because if AF comes now that would be a way too short luteal phase. Also, we're gettnig another foot of snow tomorrow!
    Rave - not really ravey today.

CS/Q: nothing not mentioned above

GTKY: What is your favorite season? I love spring. I sometimes think fall is my favorite when we're leaf peeping, but overall I like spring best. It's getting warmer (allegedly this year) and the flowers are starting to come out and everything is so bright and happy outside! Plus I love that random week when BOOM the trees are suddenly green instead of brown.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/3

Cycle Day/DPO: 18/1

Timing: IUI

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Daily, because I'm nuts. I also like to know when the trigger shot is fully metabolized. Usually it's gone by 8 days past so... there you go.

R/R: All the rants. I started my Prometrium today and I hate it. It makes me feel horrible. My cravings sky-rocket and I get extremely peevish. I should apologize to everyone I have regular contact with preemptively for my attitude and behavior over the next couple weeks. I had a rocky start to my IUI after a paperwork snag but I got it done yesterday. Had my usual Ovidrel-induced ovulation cramping on Sunday so that's a good sign. Woke up to super sore boobs today so I obviously ovulated yesterday. Timing was very good. The sperm used was very high quality (10 million, 64% motility). The only wild card is my egg quality. I only had 1 follicle that was 16 mm on Friday before IUI, and my estrogen was 88. That 1, single egg needed to be a super star for this to work. I did what I could by taking myo-inositol, NAC, high-quality prenatal vitamins, and eating lots of fresh produce, seafood, and whole grains. But I cannot turn the clock back so my age will obviously have an impact.

About 50% of me is thinking "Why the hell did you waste $2500 on a near certain failure when you could've invested in IVF right away?" But then 35% of me is thinking "At least now you know to push for the more aggressive protocols considering your shit response to relatively high doses of FSH. And you can increase your HSA contributions to save more money, plus you can lose more weight in 6 months and try again at a healthier weight and more savings." And then the final 15% is thinking "Maybe, just maybe, this will actually work."

CS/Q: Does anyone know anything about how e2 levels rise? 88 seemed abysmally low for 3 days before IUI. Everything I've read says ideally levels should be 150-200 for it to work :\

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Spring, undoubtedly. Which we are being woefully deprived of by Mother Nature. My tulips and hyacinths are sprouting, my daffodils are near blooming, but the air is still freezing cold and the sun is not near warm enough :( I'm nervous that this wonky weather will kill the buds on our beautiful flowering trees we're famous for and that spring will not be the beautiful, joyous occasion we normally experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 14/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 19/7

Timing:   not great

Typical LP length:  15 days?

Testing: probably Friday

R/R: only ranting today.  I unfortunately caught the stomach virus my family has yesterday evening.  I am still miserable.

I am just happy all the open circles happened after I O'ed.
    CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? I love fall.  There is usually fun things to do and love the weather.

@wishiwaspreggo, I definitely get giving an IUI a try, FX it works! Sorry the prometrium is making you feel bad.
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited March 2018
    Month/Cycle: 14/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 27/11

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 14-15 days

Testing: Waiting for AF

R/R: My insurance on my new car is going to be more than anticipated. So I am having a bit of a money freak out. I won't be able to save for the wedding anymore and I am trying not to cry at work. It isn't even one step forward two steps back anymore; it just feels like I keep moving backward. 

CS/Q: -

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Summer for sure. I relish the heat and being able to walk everywhere without tons of layers.

@fantasyflyte We are getting snow again too. I'm slightly relieved because I got new snow tires on my car and didn't want them to go to waste, but I am ready for spring.

@wishiwaspreggo I hope you feel better. I am ready to cry or rip someone's head off today too. Fx for your flowers.

@holly321 Feel better soon!
  • Month/Cycle: 15/11

Cycle Day/DPO: CD20, 6DPO

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 13-14 days

Testing: CD24 probably 

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Summer. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @fantasyflyte Another FOOT of snow, holy cow! I can't imagine. Be safe out there! And sorry you're feeling crappy today. Hope you feel better soon.

@wishiwaspreggo Oh I hope the weather doesn't kill your flowering trees! And I'm so sorry you're feeling bad on Prometrium and dealing with the expense of IUI that you think is unlikely to work. :( Fingers crossed for you.

@holly321 Oh no, stomach bugs are the absolute worst. Hope you're on the mend soon.

@meri-mac I'm so sorry about your insurance issues. Have you tried shopping around at all? We got a really good deal with AAA. Money problems are so stressful, I'm sorry. :(

Month/Cycle: 2/2 **TW after 2 losses end TW**

Cycle Day/DPO: CD19/DPO 6
    (So, I actually finally entered the dates of my positive OPKs in FF and my O date changed a bit!)

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1, +2

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: Ugh, I'm really trying to hold out until CD27 or 28. But I may cave and test on 25 or 26.

R/R: Rant: The show I'm working on right now is about car repair and it is such a struggle because it is SO BORING. I'm thankful for the work and everyone's super nice, but I can't wait to work on something more exciting when I'm done at the end of June here. Rave: Okay, it's only been literally one day, but my new diet is going so well! And I woke up feeling great today and down one pound. So I'm redoubling my commitment to it and hoping to see some great results in the next few weeks.

CS/Q: Nope!

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Well, fall, but we don't really get a fall here in Los Angeles. It kind of comes around winter time, so I guess while living in LA my favorite season is winter, because it's our fall. (Does this even make sense? LOL. I have not had enough caffeine.)
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @wishiwaspreggo You know I'm with you on the gross P girl. I started mine this morning. Ew. I get really hungry too. No mood changes that I was aware of last cycle, but I haven't noticed any with you. You are always kindly peevish  :D I really hope that you got a super star egg this cycle and that your dreams will come true. Praying for you so hard! You're attitude about all of this is so inspiring to me. <3 

@fantasyflyte I hope the c&c feelings are a good sign for you this cycle. Fx for you!

@holly321 Ugh, being sick in tww is the worst. I hope that you feel better soon and am praying for good news on Friday for you. 

@meri-mac Hugs. Isn't it crazy how expensive insurance is on a new car??? That happened to me too. Every place wanted $300. Okay, I got you covered girl. Get a quote from Progressive. That's the only company that only charged me $67/month. Try it out and see. Just breathe. It will be okay and you will find a cost effective insurance. By the way, you don't need certain coverage that you think you need if you are a really safe driver. Pm me if you want me to send you which coverages I chose to get that rate. Also though, many companies have upped their rates because of natural disasters, but you should still be able to find a really good rate with Progressive.

@ladystout08 Welcome to ttgp. ******TW in spoiler

I'm really sorry that you find yourself in the ttcal thread and I'm so sorry for your loss <3 This is truly a great group of women so I hope you will stick around. 

@maureenmce Lol! But think of how you'll know what to do now when you're car isn't working properly. Think of the possibilities!!! ;) What diet are you doing? And yes, your seasonal shmub lub makes perfect sense for those of us who live in southern cali. 

Month/Cycle: 4th iui

Cycle Day/DPO: 17/3dpiui

Timing: -2, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14, 16 

Testing: 3/31

R/R: I had horrible cramps last night that thankfully was relieved with a heating pad and tylenol, ****TW in spoiler

but it was almost on the level of the pain of what I experienced with mc last month. I was so freaked. It went away and everything is back to normal now, but I'm so scared it means that this cycle will have failed. It's also hard to not think that maybe it means I shouldn't have done a treatment cycle right away after that. I've been having really vivid nightmares about it lately. Mostly they are of me bleeding out and never getting pregnant ever again  :( I know they are just dreams, but still......

CS/Q: No

GTKY: What is your favorite season? Every season except for summer because the summer heat causes pseudoflares of MS for me. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake The diet is just something I made up to prevent myself snacking - I eat four meals a day instead of three, but no snacks or anything in between. Breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs and a very low cal green juice, lunch and second lunch (I get to be a hobbit!) are both just heathy frozen meals and then I have 400-500 calories for dinner. It's been great for me because I need to count calories but I lose track when it's a bit here, a bag of chips there. Since this is all pre planned it's so easy, and the no snack thing is tough but really will make the difference I think. ANYWAY, those details aside, I am so, so sorry about your intense cramping. I am glad things are back to normal now and I hope it doesn't mean anything bad about your chances this cycle. And I have had some awful, awful dreams myself and I just have to remind myself that dreams are sometimes how your subconscious deals with scary things or thoughts. And sometimes it just feels like your mind is playing cruel jokes on you, like when I had a dream recently of two of my exes just yelling at me for what felt like the entire night. The subconscious can be a jerk, but try not to take it too seriously, sometimes it's just the brain blowing off steam. Hugs to you.
  • @maureenmce Thanks so much for the support <3 That sounds like a great diet plan you've got going on. If the no snack thing becomes too unbearable, are you allowed to add healthy snacks like carrot sticks or something along those lines?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake Oh for sure. But luckily I haven't been hungry yet during my prime snacking time (between lunch and dinner) because that's when I get second lunch!
  • @maureenmce You know what? Idk what it is about that period of time at work. I always blamed it on krafty. Shame on him for putting hot cheetos, salt and vinegar chips, and jalapeno chips in my bay every day! Omg, the sodium intake I had  :s  

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake Our crafty right now has Nutella! NUTELLA. I am not someone who should have Nutella at arm's reach 10 hours a day, okay? Lol.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    LOL!!!! I'm laughing so hard! @maureenmce Shame on krafty! I mean, how is that your fault really?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @maureenmce & @suzycupcake I'm in Canada so Progressive doesn't work. I am looking into CAA though. Hopefully, they will have something better. It is insane. My clean driving record will come to bear when my renewal happens in July, but I'm stuck paying the difference between my old and new insurance for the next two months. It kills me. Thanks for the support ladies <3 I really appreciate it.

@suzycupcake I'm sorry. Dreams can be so real. I have been there. I'm glad your cramps have eased up. Try to get some rest today.

@maureenmce Car repair :s I hope June comes quickly for you. I don't mind watching Top Gear sometimes, but I wouldn't want to work on the show for a living.