June 2018 Moms

I've got something to say! (rants 3/19)

Re: I've got something to say! (rants 3/19)

• @doxiemoxie212 I have been waiting for some BSC lady to come in like “I haven’t even ovulated yet but I know I am totes KU so here’s my intro” 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• I need winter to be over with...I just can't deal with it anymore. DD needs to be outside to burn some energy after dinner or she goes batty. 

As for insurance, my insurance will go from $400/mth to almost $800/mth when I have this one. Get this, SO insurance is $52/mth but his job won't cover the kids because my birthday is 10 days before his in the calendar year! 

I also took DD for her 18mth well visit and they have a developmental screening that the parents fill out. The doc reviewed It, commented that everything looked good and that was it. Yea, we were charged $25 since it wasn't covered by insurance...I paid to fill out a form! WTF!!!

My rant is SO has been away since March 7th...im sooooooooo done. He needs to come home already! 
  • Loading the player...
  • starla487starla487 member
    edited March 2018
    krashke said:
    @doxiemoxie212 I have been waiting for some BSC lady to come in like “I haven’t even ovulated yet but I know I am totes KU so here’s my intro” 
    Aww, but this warrants the best kind of trolling.

Thank you for all the shirt suggestions. I’ve been renting clothing the last couple months and my recent shipment included a blouse which I assumed fit better based on the photo. So, I’m annoyed I wasted a spot. Hence the blimp comment.
  • @krashke ugh! Wtf cats! Glad yours found his way out also.
    All i kept picturing was her falling down some eve into a wall. No one wants holes in their wall but I was scared she got hurt and couldn't cry for help and I'd never know till it was to late. 

As for the dec board, I was also trying to figure out if anyone would have gotten their positives yet. But didn't want to do the math lol. I was like someone had to have though cause boards never go up that early! Or else some admin was reeeeeally on the ball.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I roll my eyes a little bit when someone responds “definitely ask your doctor/ go see your doctor” for a perfectly normal and common pregnancy issue. Like seeing the doctor is free. Like paps/ annuals are covered completely with no copay under insurance but the moment you ask the doctor a question it can be billed as an “office visit” literally asked my doctor 2 questions after the pap ended and I had to pay $30 copay for an “office visit” even though there was no office and only 2 questions asked. It goes without saying insurance has been the worst. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • izza2izza2 member
    I'm done with winter. Completely.

I'm over school crap. I want to be graduated and done and not have to worry about it anymore.

I feel like I haven't slept in a damn month.

I'm having a really bad day and want to curl in a ball and sleep, but I can't. And it's only Tuesday. And only 7 AM.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @BurlapandLace oh your MIL sounds just like mine.  It's a joy.

@catlady1215 my cat did that when we were renovating our third floor in the fall.  She ended up in the attic eaves / bays that had a ten foot drop.  I refused to let the contractors work because I thought it was going to drive her further deeper into the house.  When she finally came out, she was so thrilled with her adventures. I'm glad your kitty is out!

In terms of insurance, I'm embarrased to say I have no idea what we pay. It's through my husband's work.  While I despise the carrier and find them impossible to deal with, we only paid our deductible for my prenatal / DS's birth (under $2000).  I am annoyed with them that I can't get a new breast pump this time around.  @LaceyBee522 did you say you wanted a concierge service?  My H's office offers one (they are a go between between us and Aetna) and they are almost as bad as going to Aetna.  

• @marcus7676 Yes, I want a concierge service. But if they are as bad as the insurance providers/medical billers themselves, then screw that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Insurance is freakin ridiculous. I got an EOB after DD was born saying I owed $2700 for her birth ($76 of which was for holding her after she was born, because it's "therapeutic"). When we got the bill from the hospital it was for $3500. When I called the hospital asking about the discrepancy they couldn't tell me why it was and I should call my insurance company. When I called my insurance company they said they had a contractual agreement with the hospital that all deliveries would be $3500 regardless, so it didn't matter what services were provided they would be getting $3500. So why send an EOB saying one thing if you were going to charge me $700 more?

And I'm already dreading dealing with short term disability again. With DD my case manager conveniently went out of town for 2 weeks at the same time I gave birth and apparently they don't have anyone following their claims while they're off. So when he came back he was so behind by the time he got to getting everything with my claim processed I was already back at work...12 weeks later.

+1 to being over winter too...I don't want it to get too hot bc I'm at the point of pregnancy where I sweat walking, but I'm so sick of the ice and snow
  • @momac1919 Geez! I sure do hope this time around goes more smoothly in terms of insurance and STD. Having a baby is tough enough without having to worry about how you're going to (over)pay for it.
  • @izza2 hugs! hope your day turns around!

@marcus7676 oman, I would have been a serious mess!! our attic is large and finished (but not used except for storage right now). but has 4 doors that open into the walls etc. I was a nervous wreck when we had our roof replaced cause they had to keep going in there. each door had a big sign 'please close door behind you cause of cats!!' the thought of them falling into a wall.. nope!

on the insurance talk... I had said insurance stuff confuses me. but this all has me curious now what those hospital bills for the hospital stay will be like. with DS, my insurance coverage was 100%. They changed it to 90/10 a couple years ago, so I don't even know what to expect. And can't remember what my deductible and out of pocket max are. I should look into those again. I don't feel what we pay a month is bad though. I want to say its about 160-180 per pay.. and that's medical, dential and vision all together for the 3 of us. and baby won't make that go up at all cause once we added ds we moved to the 'family plan'.... so that includes any future kids.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @kfren thanks! I think just being more aware of what to possibly expect this time with everything that happened last time has me better prepared. I've started paying ahead on student loans and car payments as able just in case those checks get delayed again. But then again, what fun would child birth and caring for a newborn be if you didn't have some unnecessary stress thrown in there  :D
  • +whatever to I HATE insurance. I called last week because we got a bill for $1000 for my anatomy scan. So I'm like why wasn't more of this covered if it's a routine part of pregnancy? Last time it was covered. So she puts me on hold just to come back and say "well it went towards your deductible so when you hit that it goes to 80/20 coverage til you hit your max out of pocket blah blah blah" like I don't already know that. You literally didn't answer my question at all, thanks. 

Also, why are we getting more snow today. I'm so over it. I don't even care if I'll be huge and sweaty and swollen I NEED WARM WEATHER 

• starla487starla487 member
    edited March 2018
    I’m okay with winter for a bit longer, but I live in California, so “winter” is being generous. But I know that once this is over, we go right into 100+ degree days and I’m not ready for that crap.
  • On the topic of insurance too, advice as a STM, beware when you pre-register at your hospital if you choose to do that. The hospital called me a week before DD was even born telling me I was required to put a deposit down for her birth. Luckily I'm in healthcare and knew that this was total bs and told them I was not paying them anything right then and legally did not have to as they had not provided me any services. I had a friend who made the mistake of paying the hospital before the birth and then ended up having a labor that was so fast she delivered at a totally different hospital in a different healthcare system and getting her money back was a beast...another unnecessary stress. So I'm not sure if this is a common practice with all hospital pre-registration or more of a regional thing, but know your rights and save yourself some potential stress.
  • @momac1918 I had to get "pre-approved" to deliver with my insurance, so currently I'm approved to deliver between June 2-7. If I go into labor on a different date, I was instructed to call them "immediately" to update them on timing. Oh sure, top of the list of my priorities. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 what the? That's over the top even for insurance! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 pre-approved by insurance to give birth? Are you freakin kidding me? That's definitely the first time I've heard that. That's completely asinine
  • Wait, so do I need to call my insurance and get approved to have a baby?  WTAF. I really suck at this part of adulting. 
  • @amys614 do you have BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois? If so... yes? maybe? who knows.
  • Wow, for the first time in a while I'm glad I don't live in Illinois anymore...I have Anthem BCBS and definitely do not have to pre-register
  • @momac1919 I don't live in IL; DH's company is based out of there. And I shouldn't really complain - they covered NIPT testing 100% even though I'm under 35, and if we ever need any kind of ART IF treatment, it's 100% covered, etc., etc., because IL laws about what must be covered are generally better than other states, but yeah, the pre-registration thing is weird AF. 
  • @momac1919 I have Anthem BCBS too. Hopefully I have the same joyful experience dealing with them as you had with your first. It has already been a pleasure in the three months I have been with them. /s
    *TW LC*

• @momac1919 I can't believe they charged you for skin to skin, since that is a standard procedure! 

@doxiemoxie212 there was literally no way I was calling my insurance when I went into labor. I could barely call my doctor.  That is insane! Aren't you due June 2?  Don't they realize that the two weeks before AND after are the likely dates in which you might give birth?  Why did they limit you to those five days?  What happens if you don't call?

• @doxiemoxie212 that's crazy the way things change within the same insurance company state to state...and ridiculously dumb AF. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a June 2-7 delivery for you...or a nice cuss-filled conversation with them in between contractions letting them know you're in labor and their rules are stupid
  • amys614amys614 member
    edited March 2018
    @doxiemoxie212 I have Aetna PPO. It's actually been really great about prenatal coverage and I've paid nothing out of pocket besides my first $30copay. They even approved the breast pump really quickly. I've never used it for a hospital stay so that's entering a whole nother territory, so who knows. Think I have a $2000 deductible. 

Also when do you add the baby to your health insurance? Like do you call them before and then after and be like yooooo my baby is here now. 

Edited: I assuming they burn you even more by charging you the deductible per person too, right? Like $2000 for mom and another $2000 for baby. 
  • @amys614 DH called and added her as soon as she was born, that way when the company starts getting the bills for your little one they're on file...poor DH had a list of like 20 people he had to call for me the day she was born to get things arranged and he'll have to do it again this time too, but as long as I get the list and phone numbers together ahead of time he's a good sport about it
  • @amys614 I think they told me to add the baby within 30 days, but the baby is "auto covered" until the 30 days are up or something. @marcus7676 I have no idea what happens if I don't call. I don't really think anything happens. I honestly think they don't really care, it just makes things easier as far as order breast pumps, etc., which mine was extraordinarily easy so maybe I shouldn't be complaining at all. 
  • @krashke fingers crossed it's a smoother process for you. I think they were happy when all my bills were paid last go round so I'd stop calling them. The coverage itself isn't bad, it's just annoying the way you need to nit pick through everything to make sure you're not being over-billed, because if there's anything a sleep deprived new Mom needs it's tedious medical bills to read through.

@marcus7676 it is ridiculous...and I would have never have known had I not asked for an itemized bill because of them over charging me
  • It’s crazy how much these insurance companies vary between states. We have BCBS of NY and it’s wonderful regarding childbirth. We only pay the hospital co-pay for birth and nothing for prenatal care. 

@amys614 DH told his HR department about the new baby when he emailed regarding his paternity leave.  Once we received their SS numbers we had to submit all the paperwork with them. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 and other ST+M's, how long does it take to get their SS card/number and do you need it to add them to the insurance or other things? 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke I don;t remember it taking long at all, maybe a week or so? I didn't have to call insurance directly; I just gave the SSN to my HR dept, who sent it in for me. 
  • Building off @krashke, what's the process for SSNs + birth certificates? Does that vary by state?
  • @krashke i completed all of the paperwork for her SSN in the hospital and they submitted it for me. They told me it could take up to a month to get in the mail, but I want to say I got it within 2 weeks. And while we notified insurance of her birth she wasn't officially added until she had the number. The bigger problem for us was getting the birth certificate. I didn't realize the state of Ohio made you pay for an original copy of a birth certificate so after a month and a half of not getting it in the mail I finally called the hospital and they said oh yeah it's filed at the dept of public health downtown waiting for you to go pay and pick it up...oops
  • I literally can't read this thread because insurance stuff makes me so stressed. I haven't even looked into what it costs/what is covered for our new insurance (we have United now) and I don't want to. As @amys614 said, I'm really bad at that part of adulting. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @amys614 yes to the separate deductibles for mom and baby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Austenista  Austenista member
    edited March 2018
    @krashke @doxiemoxie212 same with them submitting the paperwork for me. SSC came in the mail pretty soon after his birth. I actually took a picture of it because it was a piece of mail addressed to him, which felt pretty cool, so I looked to see the date on the picture. He was born on Nov 28th and we received it on Dec 14. So about two weeks. Birth certificate - here anyway - you receive information on how to go about getting it. I think I needed to fill out a form and pay a fee to vital records to obtain it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krashke with DD we just waited and got both ss/bc within a month. With DS, we needed them asap because DH was joining the Army so I went and picked them up the week after. Took maybe half an hour at each place. 
  • Same as @Austenista with the Birth Certificate. Didn't take long either. I went ahead and ordered two copies and keep them in separate places, just in case.