Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL - March 19th

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book?

Re: TTCAL - March 19th

• How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I'm actually doing pretty good right now. I guess my biggest struggle is that I am doing okay. I feel like I shouldn't be but I can't help that I am. I dunno, it's strange.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Got off the bench! Doc says it's unlikely we'll conceive before I get a period but doesn't mean we can't try ;) 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book? hmm...teen dramas on tv. Secret life of the American teenager, Pretty little liars. I love them. I keep forgetting to look into Lucy Hales new one but will. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @eleven_ A definitely got to be annoying but I still loved it

@diaphena I'm sorry for your loss. The healing process is a rollercoaster. The first week I was a mess. The second I was okay at some points and then something would happen and send me over the edge. And you should get on Netflix stat. You can't miss the last season!! You've dedicated the time might as well see how the end unfolds!
  • @prpl11butterfly  I can totally relate with the feeling of being fine though I feel like I should still be not ok. Don’t get me wrong, I have my moments but...I try and remind myself that everyone grieves in different ways, so even though it’s ok to not be ok, I also think it’s ok to be ok :) also, congrats on being off the bench! 

@eleven_  fx for you this cycle!!!

@diaphena  I’m so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here, but you have found a great support system here! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. TTC since Jul17, EP with tube removal Feb18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I’m doing ok...life/work has been extremely busy so I’ve been mainly lurking on the random threads but I’ve found this thread so helpful in the past that I want to try and stay active on it for supporting others. I’m also almost 1 month into my 6 month bench so that’s exciting :) 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have a follow up HCG on Friday and I’m crossing all the fingers/toes my levels are back to 0, bc if they are not I’m not sure what that means is next. The day of my surgery it was 5000ish and then a weeks later 43, so I’m hoping nothing weird is going on inside my Ute!

also have an acupuncture appointment next Monday in case AF has not shown up so hopefully that will move things along. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book? Bachelor/bachelorette. I didn’t watch for quite a few seasons but now I’m like “when is the next season starting!!!”
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited March 2018
    @diaphena I remember you from BOTB and I am so, so sorry to see you here and so sorry for your loss. I'm glad at least that the cytotec worked. Be gentle with yourself and take whatever time you need off of TTC until you feel ready. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

I had kind of an emotional rollercoaster of a weekend, all just because of myself and letting my thoughts get away from me. But I'm okay. I just wish time would speed up so I'd know if I'm out this cycle or not. With it being the last chance for a 2018 baby and the last chance of getting pregnant before the due date of my first loss, I just want to know if I'm out or not so I can start dealing with whatever reality is going to happen.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book? It's not a guilty pleasure I guess, but I have watched the entirety of 30 Rock probably a dozen times. I've seen every episode so much I've basically memorized it. It's like the tv version of comfort food for me.

*Edited to add my status.
  • Had to do the rest of my tags in a separate post because tagging was being SUPER wonky and weird for some reason.

@prpl11butterfly Try not to second guess feeling good! You are entitled to feel whatever way you feel, and it's great that you've been feeling good. Also, yay for being unbenched!

@eleven_ I'm glad you've been doing better emotionally and I hear you about not SS during the TWW because you've been burned by that before. I'm trying to ignore any potential symptoms completely.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.  MMC 2/13 and molar MMC 8/17

I am overly hopeful, which I know will crush me if this isn't my month.  I am also super freaked out about having another loss, I hadn't put too much thought into that until this week, since everything is becoming real again.

Any testing coming up/?
    No!

• I too am having a problem tagging

@prpl11butterfly, that's great you are off the bench!
    @eleven_

I am like you, babies are fine (usually, sometimes I don't want them near me.) I do not like to be around pregnant women.  I still haven't met my nephew!  He is 2 weeks old tomorrow, but my kids keep getting sick!
  • So, I will tag more later, it keeps tagging random people that I am not picking and it is incredibly frustrating.
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 2 losses in the past 2 years- 1 in 13th week, and a cp

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are going pretty well. I had my intro RE appointment with DH on Friday, and she was very friendly and sensitive and went over what to expect, and outlined my initial testing. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have an ultrasound after AF starts (well, if she shows up), DH has an SA in a couple weeks. Waiting on results for an expanded genetic screening panel and AMH in the meantime. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book? Tough one... I’ll watch the Fifth Element any time it’s on. It’s just so fun and colorful. 

Aaagh mobile is flipping out with tagging so I’ll be back later. 
  • @eleven_ I'm the same way. Pregnant women are much more triggering to me then babies right now.  I think it's because I should be due in June.  I'm sure once June hits babies will be more triggering for me because I should have had one.  I think it's all very normal to have different things that bother you and at different times.  Some more triggering then others.  

@diaphena - I'm really sorry you find yourself here.  There are no words that will make you feel better or take the pain away. I've found its always there no matter what,  But welcome to our group. It can be comforting to know you're not alone though. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    3 losses in the past 4 months.  MMC dx 12/8/17 @ 9 weeks, follow up elective D&C and 2 early losses Feb/Mar

I'm feeling better this week than I was the last 2 weeks, some hopefulness has returned.  I think making an RE  appointment helped because if this cycle is a bust or ends in another loss I can at least look forward to coming up with a plan.  As far as struggles, my H and I got into a fight this weekend because he's been feeling pretty neglected since I've kind of emotionally checked out the last few months after all we've been through, and in anger he said that maybe all the losses are a sign that maybe we shouldn't be together.  So that was fun.  He did apologize and we talked and I explained that I'm barely keeping myself together and don't have really anything else to give to others right now, which I know is something I should have told him a long time ago.  I put on a brave face for the world, including for him, so I know it wasn't obvious how much I'm hurting, but it's not something I can easily forget.  I now understand why tragedy/grief is so hard on relationships; you both need each other and yet neither of you is capable of being truly emotionally available.   

Any testing coming up/any recent results?
    Done with all the testing I can do with my OB (blood tests and hysteroscopy), everything was normal.  RE appointment scheduled for 4/18.  

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book?
    Ash vs Evil Dead (the show).  It's so over the top but it's also hilarious.  

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @coco2787 I'm sorry that you guys had to shell it out like that over the weekend, but it's great that you guys talked and worked through it. Mh and I went through this like crazy when my father was dying last year. It was very very difficult, even more so because we were in different states while I cared for him. I was POA over his health and financials as well as one of his primary caregivers. I think that going through all of that and coming out the other side helped mh realize the nature of great loss. Not that he has never lost anyone, but losing a parent or a child has to be the worst, from my own experience. So when we had an early loss, he right away started reading about it and helped me through it.

He recognized that I wasn't feeling like myself before I did. Like you, I wear the same brave face. I'm the one who will smile and tell you I'm having a great day when I'm so not. It's not that I'm trying to lie, but I fear putting my issues on other people. I don't want them to be sad too. So I think that, if we hadn't gone through that last year, mh would have reacted the same way yh did. In fact, I know that he would have. We've certainly had many situations where he has responded to me in a less than sensitive manner. I'm not excusing it because it certainly cuts deep, especially when someone uses what I like to call "leaving words". Because I know mh so well, I know that his use of that language means he is feeling super insecure, he misses me (he has often said he misses me even though I'm right next to him, but it's because mentally and emotionally, I'm somewhere else), and is stressed out. I hope that the two of you will find a way to take some time out this week to go on a date and force yourselves to reconnect, spending intimate time learning more about each other. Big hugs!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• thank you @galactickates and @suzycupcake.  I know his words came from a place of hurting, and I know that I need to get better at communicating my feelings and needs so that we don't get to these breaking points.  He's sad about the losses too, but I don't think he had any idea how soul sucking this whole experience has been for me and that I miss the person I used to be too.  Loss fucking sucks.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 that is so hard, I’m sorry. Hugs
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat Response in spoiler
    You should never ever question whether you are a good mom. Your losses have nothing to do with your parenting. You just had really bad luck. Are you able to go talk to someone? It sounds like there's a lot happening in your life right now, and it might help to let it out.

@coco2787 I'm sorry you and your DH got into a fight. Grief/loss is really hard on a relationship, but if you can work through it together, you will come out stronger in the end. Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I really like your new profile picture.
  • @coco2787 Oh my gosh, what a tough argument. That must've really, really hurt. Big hugs to you. Grieving is definitely something that's very tough to do together because everyone processes things so differently. And I think, in some ways, it's just impossible for our significant others to understand how hard it is to deal with loss that happens *to you* and like, *within your body* and it is incredibly difficult to put into words sometimes, even, how you feel and how much it takes a toll. I'm thinking of you and hoping things get better. 

@kindbytealikat **TW children mentioned*** I feel you so much on seeing women on their second or third kid while you're still trying. It's SO hard. I'm getting to the point that with my J16 group, it seems like everyone is either pregnant with or has already had their next kid and I'm just over here still grieving two losses and feeling like time is flying by and I'm standing still. I wish I had something more positive to say, but I hope it at least helps to know you are 100% NOT alone in feeling this way and I'm sending you big hugs. end TW*** 

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. 3 early losses in the last year. One previous loss before DS. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? We're supposed to get anywhere from 0-15" of snow, so yay? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I may POAS this weekend. We don't see the RE until the 12th. 

GTKY: What is your guilty pleasure movie, tv show, or book? Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @dragonette505 Forgot to answer your question! I think I'm going to test a couple days early. AF is expected to come on a Friday (the 30th) but if I get a positive I would want to do betas/progesterone right away without waiting over the weekend, so I may test that Wednesday and, if BFN, again on Thursday. Also, I love Pride and Prejudice! Do you have a favorite version? I also adore Sense and Sensibility, which is probably my comfort movie that I could watch as many times as 30 Rock.
  • @maureenmce I read your comment to dragonette505 and my AF is due on the 30th too! Crazy!
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited March 2018
    @ChloandCoco We're cycle buddies! :) Have you decided when you're testing? Also, I somehow missed your response earlier, I'm so glad your DH has been your rock lately and is helping you to keep going. Hugs to you! 

@nmbrcrnchr1 I somehow missed responding to you earlier too - I really hope your HSG is back to zero!

• @ChloandCoco and @maureenmce AF also due the 30th for me. But I'm not confident her arrival will be timely considering this is the post D&E "cycle".
  • @dragonette505 Forgot to answer your question! I think I'm going to test a couple days early. AF is expected to come on a Friday (the 30th) but if I get a positive I would want to do betas/progesterone right away without waiting over the weekend, so I may test that Wednesday and, if BFN, again on Thursday. Also, I love Pride and Prejudice! Do you have a favorite version? I also adore Sense and Sensibility, which is probably my comfort movie that I could watch as many times as 30 Rock.

The BBC pride and prejudice with with Colin Firth!!! OMG... the whole production is SOOO good! And I love sense and sensibility... the only thing I would change is Hugh Grant! Well, and honestly, Emma Thompson was a bit old for her part, but I love her so she stays!
  • @dragonette505 YES. The BBC version is the best one by far. I adore it. I did like the Keira Knightly one, but it's just not the same. Oh now I feel like I should rewatch it soon.
  • maureenmce  I am probably going to watch it too! lol..i was saving it for my upcoming cycle, but hey! I can always watch it again! LOL
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @dragonette505 for supporting me and answering that question. The reason that I asked is because thyroid problems run deep on my mom's side of the family. Mine has always been in the 'normal' range too, but if it's such a big deal in ivf cycles, (as I know it can cause losses), I wonder if it also should be a big deal in iui cycles. I'm gonna talk to my doctor about that this week. I think they just did a full panel on me so maybe thyroid stuff was included in there. 

Also, I am curious because I remember you saying that they may have been able to get one more egg for your cycle. I can't remember where you posted about that. Did you end up getting another one? When is your transfer?

@coco2787 Mh and I find that the single greatest cause of a fight we are having is exactly because of what we didn't do leading up to that fight. It can be a lack of communication, not spending enough quality time together, etc. That amazes me. We've been together for 7 years now and sometimes, well, it's hard to find new things to talk about. I notice that often, we are only talking about life's responsibilities and nothing else. It's the little things I think that matter the most. And it's difficult to communicate needs especially if you're the person who is used to taking care of everyone else. <3

One of the things that I did this week was for example, last night, when I was cramping really badly. Mh was in the other room doing computer stuff. I texted him to tell him that I felt lonely and really need him to just sit next to me. He came out and apologized saying that he figured since I was in pain, that I would want to be left alone. I went even further to be vulnerable with him and told him that I never want to be alone when I'm in pain. That there may not be anything that he can do to fix it, but holding my hand makes a world of a difference. He sat with me, held my hand, and told me how nice it is to feel needed. It has taken me 7 years to express this need to him! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake Somehow I missed your initial post too! This website has been so wonky for me this week. Anyway, sending you so much good luck for your hpt on 3/31. I know you really didn't want to have to take one and I'm sorry you have to, but I'm sending you all my best wishes for testing.
  • @maureenmce Thanks hun. I haven't been getting a lot of my notifications and this site has been wonky for me too lately. I wonder when is the last time they did an update lol Plus though, it's much harder to navigate on a phone. Don't they have an app to make it more mobile friendly?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @maureenmce I'm going to test next Tuesday, I'll be 9dpo. When are you going to test?
  • suzycupcake I would ask (even though its a pain in the butt) If you are in the range, then at least you know and you don't have to worry about it. I hate having to take the meds, but obv i'll stand on one leg and bark like a dog if it would make my transfer work! lol As for getting extra eggs... YUP. You know how the follicle count is just a guestimate.... some follicles are empty and some have multiple eggs. But more likely since the ovary is basically 3D and they are scanning it on a 2D screen, they can sometimes miss one or two. Ive definitely had and extra one or two pop up at retrieval! Also... so sweet what your told your hubs! 

edited March 2018
    @dragonett Yay for another egg!!!!!! That's crazy that they use 2D scanners for that sh#! then after spending all of that money. I didn't know follicles can be empty or that some can have multiple. I learn so much from you. Lol at your bark like a dog comment. It reminded me of the movie coming to america. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI