Infertility
Options

Early Pregnancy Signs VS Progesterone Suppositories

Hey ladies! Right now, I am on 7dpiui and am wondering if anyone else has been having symptoms during their TWW while on suppositories. For the past 4 days, I've been having cold like symptoms even through I just got over the cold two weeks ago, one breast is very tender, hot flashes, sore teeth, cravings, and cramping and bloated stomach.

Re: Early Pregnancy Signs VS Progesterone Suppositories

• Options
    I've had all those symptoms when I was on progesterone suppositories, except cold like symptoms and sore teeth.  Cycles when I did not use progesterone, I did not have those symptoms.  Unfortunately, mine turned out to be a BFN. 

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    @Jlowen2 Unfortunately it is probably just side effects of the suppositories. You shouldn't have any pregnancy symptoms this early because if you've implanted it was only within the last 2 days according to every website I've researched. There wouldn't be nearly enough HCG in your system to cause any symptoms.

Fingers crossed for you!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RipleyLV426RipleyLV426 member
    edited January 2016
    I've had every symptom in the book because of progesterone. Nausea, sensitivity to smell, sore breasts, peeing constantly, EVERYTHING! Honestly, when you're on it, don't trust the signals your body is giving you. I used to get really excited each month because I would get new symptoms. Just wait for your beta, or aunt flow. 
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with previous posters ! Progesterone made me feel so pregnant every time . The one time I did actually get a BFP (which ended up being chemical unfortunately ) my only early symptom was a low grade fever . I know it's so hard not to read into symptoms ! We all have done it . I hope you get your BFP!!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It's super difficult but told myself to wait. I'll be testing on Saturday and will update you all! :smile:
  • Options

Good luck! Progesterone is the WORST! Seriously. *bfp and loss mentioned*

The only difference I felt when I was pg vs being on progesterone was that when I was pg, I had to pee all the time. Other symptoms with progesterone (especially moodiness and sore breasts for me) feel very similar to early pg for me. It's frustrating.

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Please do !! Good luck ! Sending positive vibes !!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Hi Jlowen2, I just came across your post of this:-For the past 4 days, I've been having cold like symptoms even through I just got over the cold two weeks ago, one breast is very tender. I'm having the same symptoms and I can't differentiate if the cold symptoms are a result of the progesterone because I hardly get cold. 
    Please I would love to know if those symptoms of yours did resulted to pregnancy... I'm desperately looking forward to your reply.
  • Options
    @mroberts1110 please read the first post on this board called " **** visitors: please read first before posting ***** ", especially the part about other posters not knowing if you are pregnant. This thread is over 2 years old and we do not know if you are pregnant. 

• Options
    I’m having same cold like symptoms and feeling super hot from taking the progesterone 
  • Options
    stephers620stephers620 member
    edited October 2022
    I’m looking so forward to ending the progesterone it’s the worst lol
  • Options
    nidheepatelnidheepatel Just Joined
    I m feeling exactly same.... Even I m peeing more the only symptoms if hope its positive this time
  • Options
    During the Two-Week Wait (TWW) on 7dpiui with suppositories, some women may experience symptoms like cold-like symptoms, tender breasts, hot flashes, sore teeth, cravings, and cramping with a bloated stomach. However, these symptoms can be attributed to various factors, including hormonal changes and side effects of medications. It's essential to consult a healthcare professional for a reliable assessment of these symptoms in the context of your specific situation.