TTC After a Loss

March TWW

Re: March TWW

• Thinking of you @tosh24.  I would say try not to stress, but I know that's impossible right now.  I hope the 2nd beta looks good and that this is your take home baby <3

So glad for a good update @cassafrass15!  FX this is your rainbow <3 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Congrats @tosh24. FX for rising betas!!! Keep us posted 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on all of the BFPs! Good luck @cassafrass15 @rowedking6 @tosh24! Hope all those numbers go up and you enjoy the process!! 

@grebretso every time I think I've got this figured out my body does something weird. Hold on! Your answers are coming! Fx for BFP!

AFM I  *thiiiiiink* I go here now. CD13, yesterday my temperature dipped and looks like it might be trying to climb now. We'll see in a couple of days I guess. All the other signs seem to be aligning so I'm almost certain yesterday was the day. I was suddenly exhausted and just felt like all around garbage all day. All of the anxiety is kicking in. Did i over? Did we catch it? Will I get pg? What if I have to go through all of this all over again next month. Feeling very frustrated with myself that I can't get a hold of myself. 2 days ago I was full of excitement and anticipation and now boom. Stress. Here we go, TWW....
  • @tosh24 Congrats! Sorry your BFP is shadowed by some confusion, but I hope you get some clarity and happy news soon!
  • @tosh24 How frustrating!  I hope your betas go up at the next blood test!  Fx!
  • @tosh24 That is so weird! Great news though, FX for rising betas!!

Well, last night my light pink spotting turned into fresh blood with clots. It’s still just spotting, and only when I go to the bathroom, which is exactly what my CP back in January looked like. I haven’t been able to POS since my negative on Friday, but this is so radically different from my normal AF and identical to my CP, so I’m pretty sure it’s another CP. Not to mention, AF showing up 11dpo would be very strange. I’m weirdly less upset than I thought I would be. At least now I know I’m not PG, the uncertainty before knowing is the hardest part for sure.

I was considering making an appt with my OB just to confirm if it’s a CP or just a really weird cycle, but I don’t think I will, because no matter what they say it won’t change the outcome of me not being PG. I’m also benched through the next cycle. Oh well. GL to the rest of you ladies!!
  • @tosh24 FK for you!  Hope to hear some good news from that next beta!

AFM, first exciting thing is that we are fully and completely unpacked and situated and living at home again!!! Gosh, what a relief.  It’s like I was holding my breath for a year of mayhem and I can just let it go now.  Second is that I started spotting today so AF is on the way, which normally wouldn’t be exciting except for it means Letrozole is likely starting Thursday I would guess and then we’re moving with our cycle protocol.  I cried leaving the rental this morning, which I never thought I’d cry about, but I’m just so overwhelmed that this is all finally here and happening.  It’s been a hard several months feeling like it never would.
  • Sorry @grebretso. That sucks. Might not be a CP, just your cycle figuring itself out after MC. Since mine in January my body doesn't seem to anything normal/consistent. All par for the course I guess! Why are you benched?
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @kikimi83. It could be post-cp irregularities for sure, but my previous AF was completely normal, so who knows. I’m benched because my husband is going out of town for two weeks smack in the middle of my predicted cycle, so unless I have a reeeally short or long cycle we’ll miss O-day for sure. I probably need a break anyway!
  • Ugh, so I started spotting last night and it's turning into bleeding today. This happened with my last two losses (full period-like bleed for 5-ish days) and I still continued to stay pregnant and then miscarried for other reasons later on. I have my second beta at lunch time today but it's at an outside lab so I probably wont' see my results in the portal until bed time tonight. Obviously, I want to stay pregnant and take home a baby, but if I'm just going to be in beta/pregnancy limbo for weeks before it ends (if it's going to), I'd rather just get it over with now.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• So sorry, @tosh24.  Bleeding/limbo is the worst feeling in the world and I’m sure you’re pretty over it after having to experience it multiple times.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this time is different for you.
  • @tosh24 FX this time is different.  Keeping you in my thoughts 
  • Oh no @tosh24, limbo is horrible. I really hope this time will be different for you!
  • Thanks, ladies. Beta drawn, now we wait.

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Thinking of you @tosh24. I remember that feeling well, and it's the worst. 
  • So I had a D&E on February 9th, my first period came March 1. I’ve been tracking my ovulation with clear blue opk kit that shows a smiley on your most fertile days. Anyway my question is I had sex Sunday morning at like 2 am, then the that evening I got a smiley face on the prediction kit, then again today on Monday at 11 am. Do I have a good chance of getting pregnant ?? Basically had sex the very early morning of getting a smiley face. Or should I have sex again tonight if I still have a smiley face come up. Also had slight pain in the sides of my pelvis and bloating today. I assume my egg has or is releasing. 
  • ccvslpccvslp member
    edited March 2018
    Ohhhhh boy.      

@baby1wasbornintoheaven  I’m sorry for your loss.  Please read the terms of use and familiarize yourself with the board.  Introductions are helpful before one off posts that sound an awful lot like asking if you could be pregnant, which is against the terms of use.  There are some very supportive wonderful ladies here and we give support to others as we ask for it in return.

Of course having sex right before you ovulate is great timing, but if most of us could calculate our chances correctly every time we wouldn’t be on this board.  When timing is perfect and everything is great there’s something like only a 30% chance of pregnancy.  My RE wants me to BD every other day after day 10 and then the day the surge starts (ie; your smiley) and the two days after that.  

(Edited to say day TEN)

• Omg, guys.  I think the lab screwed up the first time and I wasnt actually pregnant. Just got my second beta back and it was <1. I doubt it would go from 54 to 0 in 48 hours. Also, it makes sense that the HPTs were all negative then.  I had my blood tested at an outside lab not at my clinic.  I'll see what my RE says today. I actually am somewhat relieved to just have an answer (even if there was a screw up) than to be going through limbo or a 3rd loss. Ugh, what a couple of days! 

TFAS since 2012

• OMG @tosh24 :(  I'm so sorry friend, that's awful.  It definitely sounds like they screwed up, with my last CP my beta went from 16 to 5 in 48 hours so I don't think it would have dropped that fast either.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • :o@tosh24 I'm so sorry to hear that.  That seems like a really huge drop, too quickly.  While I'm sorry this wasn't your month, I definitely understand that it's better not to be in limbo or have to go through another loss.
  • @tosh24 I’m sorry to hear what you are going through.  Hopefully you get some answers from RE today 
  • @tosh24 sorry about the possible mix up. But I would feel better knowing that as well. 
  • Wow @tosh24 what a whirlwind of emotions. I'm sorry you're going through all of this.
  • Thanks,  guys. I mean, best case scenario would have been to be KU with a healthy babe, but I'll take a lab screw up over another loss any day, so I'm actually feeling pretty OK. I called my clinic this morning.  Just waiting on a call back to see what they say.

TFAS since 2012

• Wow, @tosh24! I’m so glad you’re feeling okay, what a rollercoaster though. Definitely know what you mean about being relieved, being in limbo for days or weeks is the absolute worst. At least now you know what’s going on and can move on!
  • tosh24  OH no! I'm so sorry. That's awful! Super frustrating.

baby1wasbornintoheaven Are you tracking your basal body temperature? I would recommend this after a loss, since things can be wonky. You can also get false positives on OPKs and PG tests if you had HCG left in your system from your last loss. I'd recommend reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" ASAP as it can help you answer these questions. It can take a regular couple up to a year to get PG before they even consider fertility related issues, and as stated above, your chance of conceiving every month is somewhere between 20-30%. Anywho, I'd start tracking your temps ASAP because if you don't know 100% if you ovulated because it could be from residual HCG, then in a few weeks you won't know if a BFP on a PG test is actually a positive or leftover from your MC. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @tosh24 Sorry for that screw up but I’m glad it can put you at ease to figure it out... the lab screwed up my chicken pox titer and got me that vaccine I didn’t need that’s leading to me just now leaving the bench so I can sympathize a little but geez.... false HCG results.. that’s rough.  
  • @tosh24 sending you big ((hugs)). That must be very frustrating, so sorry
  • **lurking**
    @tosh24 I'm so sorry for the screw up! I don't know how someone can screw up a lab result like that and I'm so sorry it happened to you. Definitely understand you feeling relieved that it's not another loss though. I hope you were able to get in touch with your clinic today.
    @rowedking6 @cassafrass15 I just became a moderator for the TTCAL Grads page and wanted to invite you both. Details in spoiler.
    This is my first time trying to invite someone to the group, so please bear with me as I hopefully figure it out. I think it works best if you request to join the page first, instead of me inviting you. To do that, go to the Groups page. The TTCAL Grads board is on the 2nd page under "All Groups." Click on that, and click to join the group. It requests that you type in a blurb about why you want to join. After that, I'll hopefully be able to add you! Let me know if you have any trouble. :)
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Hi everyone!!! I'm in my first TWW since my mc and it's been harder than I anticipated, but I'm in a nervous excitement as well!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dpjennifer first off thank you for your response! 
    No I haven’t tracked my temperature.... but I think I will next this next month. I have taken a few pregnancy test since the forced D&E (for a very much wanted pregnancy) and they were negative as well as had a blood drawl at my follow up appointment 3 weeks after the operation. And my hcg levels were negative as well as they looked to make sure no tissue was left inside. She also said all my parts were back to original health and position and we were good to start trying. That was definitely a concealed though like you mentioned and why I pushed for a blood drawl I wanted to know that if I get a positive it’s for sure from this next pregnancy and not the last one.
     I actually went and had fertility acupuncture done on the Friday because I felt my ovulation was stalled then two layers i finally ovulated. According to the ClearBlue OPK and my cervical mucus I was tracking as well as had ovulation pains. Wasn’t as much as egg whites as usually however it was a little but just really watery which I have read is the next best thing next to egg white mucus(still looking to verify that though). 
  • This guessing game! FF have me crosshairs as my temperature rose... But then I started getting some pretty heavy EWCM. And then last night I lit up my first OPK since my MC!! I've had a lot of "iffy's" but there was no doubting this one! So I guess NOW I'm going into the TWW! As much as I'm frustrated and not happy to be restarting this TWW, I feel like my body is finally doing what it's supposed to and I know where I am! Sooo....yay?
  • baby1wasbornintoheaven Good you pushed for the blood draws! That should make your tests more accurate. Your CM can be different after MC also. I know mine is all over the place. Sometimes I have heaps of EWCM and other times I'm dry as a bone, even though I'm at O. Le sigh.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer that’s a good point as well. Sorry for your loss, and I wish you a healthy and a textbook boring pregnancy on your next one! 
  • @tosh24 I’m sorry you had to ride that roller coaster, but I’m glad you’re doing okay. 

Sorry, I’ve been neglecting these TTCAL threads, I’ve been kind of taking a mental step back the past few weeks. 5dpo and I’m going crazy because the trash smelled when I came home today. It’s trash. That’s what it does when you don’t take it out often enough. Sigh. 
  • 1dpo and I already feel like it's been months. Think this might be a long 2ww. And not much happening now to distract me. Maybe need to binge watch something new on Netflix? Any ideas? Just finished Jessica Jones. 
  • edited March 2018
    I had sex the morning on the day I got a peak fertility smiley face in the evening, I had a smiley face for roughly 30 hours after that. So only had sex once during the really fertile window, hoping that was enough. Ever since ovulation day I have had mild not painful just noticeable cramping or pings in my right side of my pelvis. Now 6 days after ovulation my pelvis feels full like there is a weight sitting in there, I have watery creamy white discharge and my cervix feels soft, and I get shooting tingly feeling in my boobs randomly. I also had a burst of acne pop up and I very rarely get acne and when I do they aren’t huge and painful like the are right now.  Also have been tired and peeing often. Had a D&E beginning of February since this last period was my first normal cycle which is what the specialist told us to wait. Also had blood drew 3 weeks after D&E and all pregnancy levels were at zero. Anyone else have similar symptoms? If so did you get your period or end up pregnant? I still 6 days to wait to test which seems to take forever. 
  • @baby1wasbornintoheaven I’ve had symptoms like that before AF and before a BFP.  I know the waiting game sucks but try not to drive yourself crazy with symptom spotting.  6 days after ovulation is about the earliest an embryo would implant so even if you are KU it would be too early to have any strong pregnancy symptoms.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • edited March 2018
    @coco2787 good point And so true. My losing a baby at 17 week brain says otherwise though
  • @baby1wasbornintoheaven I've had 3 losses and for the next few cycles following each loss I had symptoms that mimicked the pregnancy symptoms I originally experienced when I was pg. MC is a real bit&h and plays havoc on our systems. I'm not saying your symptoms aren't pg related, they very well could be, or they could just be part of this whole roller coaster ride.