June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms (Week of 3.19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (Week of 3.19)

• @katelynrae86 Happy Monday, and have a good trip! Hope you get some rest once you get there!
  • Loading the player...
  • @krashke I miss sleeping on my stomach sooo bad. Last time I think once my supply evened out I was able to sleep on my stomach again. In the beginning it was a no go because I was struggling with over supply and kept getting clogged ducts and my boobs were just really sore. 
  • @krashke I sort of still sleep on my stomach... kind of. If I’m on my left side, for instance, I put my body pillow (or any pillow will work; just used whatever in hotels) next to me on my left, drape my right (top) leg over it so my knee is basically trying to get to my armpit, and I end up with enough of a gap for my belly that I’m not really putting pressure on it. It’s not fully stomach sleeping but probably 80% stomach, 20% side? Way more comfortable that way. (My left arm is behind me, if that makes sense.) 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I've got a similar thing going on most of the time but sometimes it hurts my side that has the leg up, like my hip and my ribs are squishing my side. And it still makes my hip that I am laying on sore. Also when I sleep like that even though I know I'm not squishing baby because I'm not actually on my stomach, they end up kicking me more so it makes me think I am squishing them and its just annoying. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• +1 to missing stomach sleeping. I never even thought about not being able to do it when breastfeeding!!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @krashke I find a strange kind of joy in searching for gifs. Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @krashke I definitely still do a weird twisted stomach sleep thing. I don't have a body pillow but I just sleep with my legs in the shape of the number 4 (one straight, one bent up) and I end up half on my side, half on my stomach. Not sure if I'm describing it right, but it gets a lot of the weight off my hip and is actually pretty comfortable.
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I do have a body pillow, but still sleep just like that. I still wake up randomly throughout the night for no reason, but much less due to discomfort. 
  • @BurlapandLace sorry to hear about your back to back illness! Is YH feeling better where he can take care of you and YS? I hope your on your mend by your babymoon.... Lord knows you'll need it after all that!
  • I wasn't able to sleep on my stomach until I was done breastfeeding - I had a lot of clogged duct issues and stomach sleeping would always cause one.  I thought I'd be sleeping on my stomach at the hospital and was very disappointed.

My ILs have already "demanded" to come see the baby right away.  I am not looking forward to having that conversation AGAIN about how this isn't done on their terms, but on mine.  They come and expect to be entertained, not help.  Do not want.
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @krashke it's so funny that you said that because I was thinking about it on my drive to work from my dr appointment last week, than got upset remembering waking up everyday around 5am... having leaked through my nursing bra, shirt, and whatever nursing pad I had put into my bra had been pushed away from my chest completely (re-usable would be up by my pillow or at the foot of the bed, and the single use adhesive ones, would be bunched up in the corner of the bra).  Plus when DD was first born she would only sleep when she was lacked on, sooo I slept sitting up in the glider most nights. Not looking forward to the upcoming sleep situation any more than I am the current situation... hoping to get some sleep around 6 months and PRAYING this one sleeps better than DD.  

AFM, we picked out paint colors at Lowes over the weekend.  My brother came over to help DH remove the rest of the furniture out of the nursery, so I only have a few knick knacks and junk boxes before we are ready to paint.  I'm hoping to have the room painted by Mid- April, and will be picking up a dresser and shelves from Ikea.  The glider and crib will be coming from DD's room, so won't likely be added until May or July.  I know we had a thread on nursery inspiration thread forever ago, but would love to have a nursery thread with completed nurseries to help push my procrastinating butt into gear.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @kmurdock925 ah that's exciting, I love Disney!
  • @kmurdock925 so jealous! I love Disney! We went last fall. I would definitely recommend WDW Prep School (on FB or here) as a resource. 

Rides will have to be more selective for you because I'm sure a lot of them will have a restriction for pregnant women. But since you wont be doing many rides with you and a 21 month old, you can use fast passes for characters. 

I'm sure there are a lot of Disney fans around here if you have specific questions or feel free to PM me. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke - thanks!!  I'm going to do some pinterest-ing and what not and see what I can come up with.  At first glance it looks like there are a ton of free printables for planning.  I need to get ahold of a map to try and determine a logical progression
  • @kmurdock925 also you should get the My Disney Experience app. You can add all your reservation information on there now and then use it to start booking fast passes and save dining reservations. They also have interactive maps of everything so if you're trying to plan getting from one reservation or fast pass to the next you can see how far away they are from each other. It's super helpful while you are in the parks. Especially when you need to find a bathroom quickly. Also all the properties have free wifi so you don't have to worry about using data on the app but you might want a portable charger. 
    *TW LC*

• @marcus7676 - I’m sorry your ILs aren’t understanding boundaries. Can YH be any help in getting them to understand that this isn’t about them and they don’t get to make demands like that? 

@kmurdock925 - Ah! So jealous! I am having some
    serious Disney withdrawals. I hope your trip is amazing! I will have to live vicariously through you. 
  • @kmurdock925 so jealous! I've never been and am dying to go. Maybe when this babes is a few years and it can be both of our first times
  • krashke            - good tip!  I'm quickly finding how stinking fast these character meals book up!  Holy cow! Free wifi is impressive!

Too many to tag but thanks ladies!!  I'm just hoping the preggo belly lets me get through it!

amys614            yes!  I never thought I would take DD this young but 1) she is OBSESSED with Disney so she totally gets it even if she may not remember the trip long term, 2) If we don't do it now it will be a while with DD2 on the way and 3) She is still FREE!! 

• @meg95995 wait I don’t see?
  • @kmurdock925 we took our kids last year for a day  (to land, not world) and they loved it. DD was 4yo and DS was 18 months. DS screamed and rushed up to Mickey, wouldn't let go of him. He may not remember it, but it made my heart happy, seeing the joy on his face.

• @meg95995 oh lolz, I’m dumb. I’d already seen it so it wasn’t showing up as new, but I didn’t remember seeing it/thought that’d been April.  Siiiiigh. 
  • llamamama14llamamama14 member
    edited March 2018
    1. I don't remember having issues sleeping on my stomach breastfeeding. I didn't have painful engorgement, though. 

2. There's a funny stand up bit by comedian Nate Bargatze on Netflix about how people told him he shouldn't take his 2 y.o. to Disney because she wouldn't remember and he replies "Minnie Mouse is real to her. What am I supposed to do, lock her in a closet and not spend any money on her until she's old enough to remember?"

3. That November post with the sophisticated vocabulary but awkward wording reminded me of one of those fake websites that's filled with content written by a robot.  (I sometimes get linked to them through Pinterest.) 

4. With a due date of 6/30, @fitzandgiggles will be 26 weeks this Sat. Not sure when we're saying 3rd tri. starts. 
  • This baby apparently really enjoyed my sausage and pasta and giant salad.  

I had my arm resting on my belly at work today and could feel him moving some appendage repeatedly against my arm.  He does not like my arms, hands, prenatal cradle on my stomach.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 LO gave me such a hard jab today that I yelped. My poor boss didn't know what to do or say and had such a look of panic on his face!