November 2018 Moms
Options

Moms with hx of GD...

My last pregnancy I had gestational diabetes that was barely controlled by a very strict diet and medication. I’ve since gained quite a bit of weight and know this time around I’ll probably need insulin. 

I’ve been eating pretty healthy, but not the full scale of depriving myself of anything tasty since I know it’s going to be a long 9 months. Wondering if any second or third time moms with experience in this area? Tips, tricks or even fav low carb snack/meal ideas?

Re: Moms with hx of GD...

• Options
    I am in similar boat where I had GD for my second and am probably 20lbs more than what I started at with my 2nd. I did not have it with my 1st.  I was trying to remember the “diet” for GD and thought I may try and just start doing it now without the blood draws just because I’m starting out this pregnancy so overweight 
  • Options
    I actually still have my notebook where I documented everything I ate, how many “points” it was, and my blood sugars after  :D. I’m thinking about just following that but not sure if it’s too early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thebobloblaw you’re so lucky! I wish I had my journal now.  I wish I journaled in general and always regret it but never pick up habit - oh well...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm type 2 diabetic. I had insulin starting in my 2nd trimester with DS. I have a feeling I would have had to go on a strict diet in my 3rd, since insulin requirements were rising, but he came early due to incompetent cervix. This time around, I'm starting to watch what I eat early to hopefully avoid any drastic changes later. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm also a type 2 Diabetic. I'm already on insulin, and noticing I'm pretty resistant this time around.  I'm trying my best  to keep my carb intake as low as possible.  My Dr. recommends 30-45 carbs per meal and 15 per snack I'm not sure if the recommendations are the same for everyone though.
  • Options
    For some reason the number 28 sticks in mind .... I’ll have to ask at my confirmation appointment which is Monday.  This sounds horrible but planning to go to Olive Garden tonight for rare date night.... ignorance is bliss?
  • Options
    I am a type 1 diabetic and this is my second pregnancy. I’ve been trying very hard to keep my numbers in control and eat as low carb as possible to help with that! Luckily pickles fit that description! Being pregnant with diabetes definitely makes me anxious but at least I know if I’ve done it once and had a healthy baby I can do it again!
  • Options
    troystory17troystory17 member
    edited March 2018
    @midwestmomma2 haha thank god for pickles and string cheese that's all I eat, but then I get yelled at for all the sodium  :#