Trying to Get Pregnant

Clomid sucks!

Ok so let's talk Clomid. It's a little white pill that is supposed to help you create life but it's kind of hard to create life when DH is mad at you because your hormones are all over the place and it makes you a little (or a lot) emotional. 
This is my 7th round of Clomid over the past 6 years and I still have not figured out how to deal with the crazy mood swings. 

Any tips? 
Does any one else have this problem on Clomid?

Re: Clomid sucks!

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2018
    Hi @meganttc3 I know you said you usually chill on the IF boards. Greeting from another IFer :). Typically, in this board, thins are slightly different in one-off post are discouraged. This would work well I’m thr IF thread or chafer stalk/questions. 

Please free to hang around, intro on the designated thread, & join in here for more support. TTC can be lonely. IF is even lonelier- so genuinely sorry for your struggles. 

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    Do you have an RE or have you only been working with an obgyn?

It would help if the doctor explained to yh that clomid does magnify mood swings. If the goal is to conceive, it’s a part of the deal. However, you have to do what you gotta do to calm yourself and try to add humor to the equation. That’s what mh and I do. It makes a world of a difference. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • @meganttc3 Do you not ovulate at all? Do you have a cycle at all? Sorry, you made me interested when you said you don't ovulate. I am a fellow IFer myself and suffer(ed) from hypothalamic amenorrhea.

I wish you the best of luck!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018