TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 3/19

tired good morning GIF by Red  Howling
1. Introduce yourself (if new)
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Week of 3/19

• 2. Status? CD 4. WTO.
    3. R/R: Had a pretty good weekend. Actually, the GTKY is because I had an artistic roller skating competition this past weekend. Got first place in my dance event, and did well (but didn't place) in my figure events! Gotten over the slump of this busted cycle, the worst of AF is passed (I think), and looking forward to a weekend away with DH!
    4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? I was in a highly competitive high school marching band. That and skating are/were my 2 favorite sports to compete in!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Status: CD2, WTO as long as the RE takes us off the bench fx 
    R/R: Yesterday was a gorgeous day here and we had friends over for dinner so that was fun! But now we are supposed to get 3 inches of snow tomorrow:(
    GTKY: In high school I was a competitive cheerleader and diver.
    @dpjennifer that’s so cool that you’re still competing! Congrats on first place! I’m not even sure I could still stand up on roller skates.
  • Loading the player...
  • @dpjennifer Congrats on your competition!  It's nice to have something to focus on other than the obvious sometimes :)  I couldn't roller skate for my life!

1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new; CP late last fall, MMC with D&C in January
    2. Status? CD3 WTO
    3. R/R: Three weeks until our first appointment at the fertility clinic!  While I'm excited to get the ball rolling, I know it will just be a lot of paperwork and blood tests.  I'm nervous that I don't seem to be ovulating on my own anymore.  Rave: I did pretty much nothing this weekend, and it was glorious!
    4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? When I was younger, I raced downhill skiing and swam competitively. 

• 2. Status? WTO CD3
    3. R/R: TW attempted to potty train my 2 1/2 son but after 4 hours and 4 accidents he refused to sit on potty so I decided to wait and try again. That 4 hrs was stressful 
    4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? I started in color guard when I was in 3rd grade and competed all over state.  I continued with it through high school with both the marching band and winter guard.  That basically took all my time and I didn’t do much else.  I tried track for about a week and hated running.  Funny how in my 30s I started running and have completed several 5 and 10k and 4 half marathons.  It was not competitive for me just wanted to finish the race 
  • Status? WTO or not

R/R: Rant- its 3° here. Thats it. I left my house for work the day before Spring and it's 3°. Rave- Finally after about 3.5 years of needing a new tub, we installed a new tub! Still needs trim and dryway patching but it is functioning and not leaking!!

GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? I love softball but really miss dancing. I did a variety of styles but Pointe was my fav. I had to stop due to a knee injury. I never competed with dance but did preform in Disney many many years ago.  It was an amazing experience.

@dpjennifer
    I cannot fathom dancing on skates! I don't even know if I could skate on skates anymore.....

@char245 fx you get pulled off!!

@bakerstreetboys swimming was something I wanted to try but wasnt offered in my itty bitty town and my parents couldn't afford to take time from work to take us to other towns for activities.

@Mack2342 I have loosely attempted potty training my DS  (same age) and it goes about as well. I think he's nearing readiness but still not quite there....
  • 1. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. WTO CD 14.
    3. Rave: finally got all my paperwork in for substitute teaching. So i can start that soon!
    Rant: another dr apt with dermatologist today to try to figure out a plan to continue battling this eczema. Blargh.
    4. I play on 2 softball teams. I have also played in several volleyball leagues. I ran track when i was in school before i broke my foot (twice). My friends and I play pickle ball for fun and have been talking about playing in a league.

@dpjennifer congrats on the skating wins! What fun!
    @Mack2342 *TW living children mentioned* boys are so much harder than girls! My ds was nearly 3 before he was potty trained and still needed diapers at night for another 5 months after that. Dd just tured 2 this month and is already nearly potty trained.
  • @dpjennifer congrats on medal and starlord looks great wearing it! 

@bakerstreetboys good luck with RE visit

@prpl11butterfly I’m going to try a different approach in a few weeks when we try again 
  • 2. Status? CD2, benched for this cycle because husband will be out of town during expected O-day.
    3. Rant: My last cycle was a big mess. I don’t know if it was just a really odd cycle, or if I had another cp. Most likely it was just a weird cycle, but if that’s the case, my LP was only 11 days long. My normal LP is 13-14 days, I thought it couldn’t ever vary that much? Rave: I’m almost glad I’m benched for a month as I can use the break. Looking forward to having a drink or three next weekend! I’ll still use OPK’s though, just to see what’s up with my body.
    4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? No sports for me. I was the kid who hated all sports in school and had nightmares about PE. I stay active enough, but I mostly just go on hikes which I don’t consider a sport.
  • @ccvslp hooray for being settled in at home and being pulled from the bench! As for the lake unfreezing, I think you should hold put hope for July or maybe even Aug. Which will be just in time for it to start freezing again on Oct!

@Kath525 I recall you saying your eczema was easing up. Did it flare again? I use to get it really really bad on my hands but **TW child mentioned ** having DS it has really gotten tons better.**

@grebretso a mental health break is good when your feeling overwhelmed. Enjoy next weekends drinks  ;)
  • ccvslp  Yay to being settle back in your house finally! Glad the drama with that has/is passed for the most part!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @bakerstreetboys yay for the upcoming appointment! It’s always nice to
    feel like you are doing something to
    move this along!
    @Mack2342 TW ugh potty training! My DD is 20 months and she is showing interest but I’m not sure I’m ready haha
    @prpl11butterfly That’s really cold!! Bring on Spring!!
    @Kath525 that’s exciting that you’ll be able to substitute soon! What subject/grades?
    @grebretso fx for a less confusing cycle this time around! I guess if you have to be benched this would be a good time for it so you can get back to “normal”.
    @ccvslp YAY for getting off the bench! Hope you enjoy the game and score! Haha
  • Dang you ladies are so much more athletic than me. The only time my parents got mad at me about my grades was the B I brought home in PE. I still remember dad yelling: literally all you have to do is change into gym clothes. Sorry 'bout it dad, but I just don't care. Any who - especially impressed with you @dpjennifer - first place!! In a sport that requires both creativity and coordination? You have me beat on two fronts :) Also your dog is adorable.

2. Status? 
    I actually think I'm about 5 DPO (based completely on physical symptoms as I'm not temping or using OPKs or anything this month).

3. R/R: Rave: Had a St Patrick's Day party that also turned into a birthday/promotion party (for a friend with both this week), a National Corn Dog Day party (also Sat), and a Pi-Day party. AKA, the party to beat all parties. It was great. Rant: In the process of getting our roof/siding replaced and I just had no idea how many small little appointments I was going to have to schedule and take time off work to attend. 

4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? I run and do bootcamp as an adult, and as a child did nothing. Last year I completed my longest race (10-miler), and am scheduled to run it again, though pregnancy followed by MMC/D&C both hampered my training a bit... we'll see if I am able to run and complete it this year. I lurve Boot Camp though. It makes me feel super strong and fit, even though I'm not really either of those things.

@char245 Hope you make it off the bench this cycle!
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Kabazaba LOL. Thanks! I'm actually not that sporty... I also hated gym. I was a band geek. But I LOVE skating... and it's ridiculous cause I'll do crazy things on skates and be fine, and then almost fall on my @ss for no reason just standing there 2 seconds later! I'm a total blonde... Also, boot camps make me wanna punch people in the face. I HATE being pushed to do exercise to the point I want to pass out/throw up/die!!!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @prplbttrfly77it's still better than it was but it's heading back in a bad direction. He did a biospy of my skin today to make sure it is eczema and not some weird allergy. Or a combination there of. Put me on yet another stronger steroid cream and antihistimine. Hoping that does the trick.

@char245 elementary ed :)
  • edited March 2018
    1. Introduce yourself: Not new, but not regular. CP early November 2017, 6 (short) cycles later and just started progesterone

2. Status: WTO. I hadn’t been temping but now that I’m on progesterone I need to start again. 

3. R/R: *TW: living children mentioned*
    Rant: I need to get motivated to clean for DD’s 3rd birthday party. Just not feeling in the mood for that. Also, dealing with my sister complaining about morning sickness. She’s 6 weeks or so and it is just difficult to empathize. 

Rave: After six cycles of trying and failing to get pregnant, I ended up seeing my OB. I had to switch due to insurance, so ended up seeing old one first, who said just keep trying, and then the new one. I had been a patient with the new office a while back and had gone through serial testing after my endometriosis surgery years ago. So I remembered that my progesterone had been low at the time, which had bothered me when I was having difficulty TTC and the CP and knew they could be related. Long story short the NP at the new office agreed that low progesterone seemed a likely culprit (I had other symptoms, too) and agreed to start it this month. So even though it may not be at all effective, at least I don’t feel entirely helpless. Also, unrelated, but I’m enjoying learning Biblical Greek! I know... weird hobby. 

4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? Sports are the bane of my existence. I am entirely uncoordinated. I was in marching band in high school and took an equestrian skills class in college that was fun. 

(Edit: because The Bump cut off the rest of my post)

@Mack2342 *TW* My DD just finished up potty training and will be three on Friday. I tried starting earlier and it was a nightmare. When she was ready, it just went smoothly! 
  • @AGPigwidgeon06 thanks.  That was my experience. It was such a struggle for those few hours that I decided to wait it out and try again later.  He will be 3 in August.  He doesn’t like change much though 
  • @Kath525 I’m sorry you’re having a rough day! I’m right there with you! I don’t know if it’s the weather or hormones or what but I just feel sad and blah today. 
  • @Kath525 and @char245 sorry you girls are having a rough day.  This journey totally sucks.  Hugs to you both
  • Hey everyone. I am unsure of cd as suffered an early loss over the weekend.. it was my 2nd chemical in 5 months so feeling like I need some support from other mums now who may have experienced the same x 
    Looking forward to getting to know people
  • @mariannehansford sorry for your loss 
  • @kath525 and @char245 Sorry you ladies had a rough day yesterday.  We've all been there, it sucks.  Hoping you have a better day today.

• 1. Introduce yourself: Trakena here! I'm not new to the bump, but am new to this forum. This definitely wasn't a group I wanted to or thought I would join, but now that I'm here I'm so grateful for your ladies. Y'all are the only ppl who get what I'm going through now.

2. Status? I'm in the TWW and it's the first one since we lost our little one. I'm handling it...okay...I guess.

3. R/R: I find myself pretty sad and frustrated these days...thinking things like, "I'm supposed to be 16 weeks not starting over!" I do know that all things happen for a reason, and that we'll get through this, but it's been tough. My rave is that I have such great support from both my family and friends, and I'm grateful that we could start again fairly quickly!

4.GTKY: What sport(s) have been your favorite to participate in, either competitively or non-competitively? Ummm...does writing count as a sport...lol!!! I used to be a cheerleader and loved the competitions that came with it, but that was years ago!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Kath525 and @char245, hope you're having a better day today.

I'm in a slump, too.... my sister is a week away from announcing to the world and I feel this sense of dread over it and then also like crap that I feel that way.. happy for her and love her but it's making everything we've been through and are going through sting that much more and be more complicated/tough.  I just can't joke about how you're the designated driver and only want to eat saltines and have told  a bunch of people ahead of 12 weeks already.  They're also finding the gender out early.  Ugh.  Seriously.  I think I may wait until I look like I'm smuggling a beach ball to tell anyone after all of this because you just don't know how badly it stings to not get confirmation that anything is wrong until you get that big silent u/s screen and have to take it all back and send out the flurry of texts.  Even if I'm open about loss, I think it would be so much easier if it happened again to wait and share at my own pace vs. feeling like I need to get ahead of it and tell everyone that knew I was PG.  I'm probably going to lose it as the first time grandparent congrats roll in to my parents... I think that'll get me the most.  I'm rambling.  Brain mush.  

I also work in a school with a population that's 99% female and about 70% late twenties/early 30s I'd say.  I KNOW of at least three others who have been/are currently trying and I feel like I walk around on eggshells all of the time waiting for the pregnancy announcements.  I feel like if you've had a loss you understand that it would be best to let people like me know sooner than later and separately/in private but none of these girls get it and may even be PG and whispering about it already.  It's super awkward because I've been pretty open about my situation and it's what I need to get through it but you KNOW other people will have those conversations about you..... "How should I tell her?"  "I'm not sure how to tell her"  "It's so awkward because..."  My snarky side is kind of like "whatever, I'm sorry if I make you feel weird, but I'd gladly trade with you and be on that side of it in an second."  
  • @kath525 I'm sorry for the hard TTCAL day yesterday - this journey is such a roller coaster, and I'm sure anniversaries are much harder. Can't believe the eczema is still causing you problems. Hoping you get some relief soon.

@AGPigwidgeon06 Yay for new OB, I hope the progesterone does the trick. Also, DH was a classics major in college so I can appreciate the weird hobby. Hope you have fun with the Greek.

@thshaw So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have supportive friends and family members. We'll all make it through this, and that means being sad and frustrated some days.

@ccvslp So sorry you're also having a rough week. It would be very hard to go through this while someone else I was close with was PG, passing all the benchmarks that I should have had too, but don't. I'm also sorry about your work situation. It doesn't make it better or easier to avoid telling you.

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @ccvslp I’m really sorry you are going through all of that. I’m sure it’s so hard to have such mixed emotions when it comes to your sister. As for working with all women, I do too. One of them is due right around when I would have been and it’s just so difficult to see her these days. 
  • @ccvslp my sister is pregnant with twins. It sucks to be left out. Especially when you should be in the same boat if everything had gone well originally. Luckily my sister and I aren't friendly so it's easier for me to be angry/upset. I can imagine it's hard to try to be happy for your sister while also feeling so sad. Hugs.
  • @thshaw so sorry for your loss. Welcome to this group.
  • 1. Not new. Coming on to 1 year on this board and no offence ladies but I really want to get the heck out of here. 3 MC in 2017. 
    2. CD8
    3. Just survived 1 week with the inlaws. Definitely touch and go a few times but I made it. Only a few moments of 'If you gave us grandkids we would be so much happier' (they have no idea about our losses or that we are TTC . Also, just had bookclub and I'm debating leaving it. I've been in it for about 7 years but just this past year 4 of the ladies had their first babies (there's 9 of us in the group and 1 already has 2 kids). It's suddenly become babyclub instead of bookclub. I don't think I can handle putting myself through it anymore. 
    4. I ran a bit through highschool and university. Some 10ks and a half marathon under my belt but now my sport of choice is mountain biking. It basically consumes my life. 

I need to spend a day catching up before I can tag anyone but seeing as it's the end of the week I may just wait to start the conversations on Monday 
  • @40momma I’m with ya. August will be 2 yrs here.  I don’t think anyone of us would be offended if you got KU and left! I sure hope we get our rainbow babies soon!!!
  • Ugh @40momma I would def had said something. I wouldn't tolerate hearing that repeatedly. Nope. Make them regret their words.

Hope you ladies don't have to stay much longer. Your time is up, rainbows are coming. 
  • 40momma and Mack2342  Blah. 2 1/2 years here. This sucks. Being a 'long-timer' is the pits... prolly the reason for my 'do what I want / say what I want' attitude.
    Sorry your bookclub is turning into babyclub. :( It sucks when the joys in our life our taken away from us due to our journeys. It's unfair. 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @prpl11butterfly I debated saying something but I know they would blame me and I just don't think I could handle the accusations. 
    @dpjennifer I was just reading your most recent rant to imbumpin, she picked the wrong woman to mess with! Love it.

• @40momma I thought the same thing; lol!

I’m sorry book club has become baby club and about the insensitive comments... this journey is sure an isolating one in lots of ways on lots of days.
  • It has been a while since I've checked in. School has been intense as I am now in my 400 level courses. I also reached my EDD and had to "check out" for a while. **TW**

I had a few very faint positives on some tests so I made an appointment. I go in on Tues. It is taking all that I have to keep it together. According to the tracker I am at 5 weeks and 5 days. My first loss was at 7 weeks but baby stopped growing at 5, my second was at 5 weeks. I am a nervous wreck! I have some mild cramping here and there and it freaks me out. I hate that I have zero control and and not doing so great at managing my emotions.

R/R: This week my rant is stupidity. Not sure if I mentioned that I am a 911 dispatcher, but the nonsense people have been calling in with this weeks as been unreal. I had someone call 911 because their neighbor hung a Confederate flag and it upset her. I had a guy call to ask if he was breaking the law because his neighbor yelled at his dog to shut up so the guy yelled back "no you shut up!" 
    My rave would be eating healthier. I have been eating low carb since 1/1/18 and have lost 12 lbs. This is the first time the scale has gone down since 8/2016. 

Favorite sport to play is softball! I think I would like hockey too but never played. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! I know it is Sunday, but today is my Thursday so I'm all out of what with what day is what lol! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks