November 2018 Moms

FFFC 3.16

I'm still taking pregnancy tests just to see them turn positive. It's been almost a week and I've probably peed on 20-25 sticks.

What is your Friday Confession?!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC 3.16

• Today is only my second day at work this week, but I am not in the mood to do a thing! I have stuff I could/should be doing, but I have no motivation to do any of it. Also, my boss is gone for the day, so even more reason to not have any motivation. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • This literally described my life. I've peed on a solid 25-30 so far and still have cheapies left. AND have the urge to go buy more FRER, will this urge ever stop. 
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • I have half a mind to buy some ICs just to have something to test with until MS kicks in but DH gets notifications from our Amazon account and will give me so much crap.  With DD, I tested daily until 21 dpo and then every other day until MS started without him knowing.

My FFFC - I'm really bummed that I can't drink tomorrow since I literally got my first BFP today.  I'm about a third Irish and St Paddy's day is always a big thing.  Why couldn't I have ovulated a few days later???
  • @goldie987 I feel your pain. My friends decided this was the year they were going to go all out partying for St. Pattys day. I told them I have to go out of town so my not drinking wouldn't be obvious. But I'm bummed.

My confession is my DH and I have started a list of names we like. Wayyy too early, but we couldn't help it!
  • @goldie987 You should've waited to test until Sunday!  :D
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Part UO/part confession, I’m sure, but I hate hosting parties, and this includes for my kids. Completely dreading my daughter’s birthday party with just our families next weekend, and then in 6 weeks, we have to do it again for my other daughter. Ugh! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama I do too! My son's bday is right at the most stressful times of the school year also. The only reason I'm excited this time is because we will announce to everyone at the end if the party. I'm hoping DH steps up to help with the pre- and post-party cleaning this time... 
  • @offtoneverland it's definitely not too early. Also, PinkBlush has 20% off today too.... (code is SATSAVINGS)

• I know it's not Friday... but I need some non-flamey responses.
    Prior to bfp, we booked a Christmas cruise for us and DS. He was so excited! Since bfp, we decided to not mention it at all and maybe he will forget... He has mentioned being on a "big boat with a water slide in the ocean for Christmas" EVERY SINGLE DAY. 
    I'm actually starting to think about not cancelling the cruise. The lo would be 2 months old (I'm type 2 diabetic, so they will induce me @37 weeks)... and yes, we would not be with them for their first Christmas... but it's not like they would remember. This is if, and ONLY IF, lo is full term. DS was way premature and I didn't leave him (once he left the hospital) until he was almost a year old.
    Is this just totally unrealistic and awful of me to be thinking about still going on a cruise?
  • @middleschoolmommy Do you mean you would leave the new baby with someone and just take your older DS on the cruise? I don't think that's awful of you to consider. I know a lot of people who can't stand leaving their kids but I'm not one of them.  :p 
    But if you'll be breastfeeding, it's something to consider because you'd need to pump/freeze a ton before you go, and you'd need to probably pump and dump on the ship. But if you're not planning to breastfeed it wouldn't be a concern. 
    How many days is your cruise? It might be super fun for your DS to have some time away from the new baby with just Mommy and daddy to make sure he doesn't feel "neglected." 
    What cruise line are you going on? I love cruises! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @middleschoolmommy if you have a family member or trusted adult willing to keep your nb (who will presumably still be eating in the MOTN) then I don’t see what’s so “awful” about it. Nowadays Christmas is like three months long so you have plenty of time to get those baby’s first Christmas photos, visit Santa, exchange presents, etc. I would imagine the logistics of planning and packing and pumping (if you chose to do so) would be stressful, sure. So obviously something to ruminate on. But I don’t think going (or not going and making it up to DS later if you just can’t swing it) would make you a bad mom. 

• @offtoneverland we are booked on carnival. It will be my 4th cruise. I LOVE cruising as well.

@lifesabeach I'm unfortunately unable to breastfeed. I don't produce milk. We have several family members that, I believe, would be willing to take care of lo for the 5-6 days we would be gone. I love cruising, but DH doesn't so I don't think I'd get to rebook for quite a while.