October 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 9 weeks to 10 weeks on Friday 3/16, so my “ticker” changes on Fridays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

Questions stolen from @knottieamusements 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing? (Also, what do you do for work now?)

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 weeks. A strawberry, prune, or a lego man.

2. How are you feeling? Miserable. I'm so excited for this little one, but it has kept me pretty miserable overall. Hoping the nausea and puking stops soon.

3. Any appointments this week? I had an unexpected one last Wednesday because of throwing up, just wanted to check for dehydration. Next Wednesday I have a big one! I get my first ultrasound. I also have to do the glucose test.

4. Rants/raves/questions?  I'm just ready to start feeling better.

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing? (Also, what do you do for work now?) 

I've been in HR for about 6 years now in a few different roles. My current one is a Corporate Benefits Analyst and I really enjoy it. I manage our Health and Welfare administration for about 16,000 people. There's never a dull day. If I did something different (and didn't have a family) I'd probably be a traveling theater tech. I've always loved being involved in theater.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 weeks. A strawberry, Kumquat or a guitar pick! 

2. How are you feeling? Generally good. Just tried and sore boobs, hard to sleep at night and always going pee. Had my first gag/ dry heave from a food aversion last night. Haven't had MS but had three days of some slight nausea. 

3. Any appointments this week? I had my third ultrasound on Monday with my fertility clinic. My first OB apt. is on the 28th. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I keep forgetting to take my 2nd dose of prenatal vitamins before bed. Only taking the folic acid one right now. Need to start remembering!

For the last 10 years I have been commercial interior designer. I am not enjoying it anymore and excited for this maternity leave to give me a break. I will need to figure out what I want to do, but something less stressful like dog walking or something!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options

11 weeks. Brussel sprout 

2. How are you feeling?

Better. Still get sick from 5pm-10pm but definitely feeling better. Also wake up at 5am each morning and can’t get back to sleep. 

Yes! Blood work for genetic testing on Monday ! 

Umm I am anxious for my apt Monday. Haven’t seen the heartbeat since 7w so excited / anxious for Monday 

am a mortgage loan officer now. if I can do anything id probably be an interior designer
  • Options
    11 weeks. Per TB, it's lime size week. 

2. How are you feeling?
    I have no real complaints. Still dealing with the food aversion (Chinese food has been banned from our house until further notice), and I've had a headache I can't get rid of for the last 3 days, but otherwise I'm good.

Nope. Next appt isn't until 3/28 and if all goes well I'll graduate from the RE and can finally quit the progesterone shots! I'll be throwing myself a party when I get rid of those shots. 

Nope. Nothing much happening here.

I have no idea. I'm not completely thrilled with what I do, but there are aspects that I like. If I had an opportunity to start completely from scratch, I would've gone a differenr direction and probably would've done something more science/math oriented. I had a really bad experience with the math department of my last high school, and it temporarily ruined math for me. Right now I'm an attorney.

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks. Baby is the size of of a raspberry, grape, kidney bean.

2. How are you feeling? Pretty rough the past couple of days. I had to be at work at 6am 4 days in a row and I didn't eat as healthy as should. Allergy season is already taking it's toll, and I had a massive sinus headache for 2 days straight and super dehydrated. Today is the first day where I actually have felt more normal- just a little cramping. 

3. Any appointments this week? I finally had my first prenatal exam this past Monday. It was really nice to see the baby again- went to the ER for spotting the week before and had an U/S. This time my husband was able to come in for the sonogram which was awesome. Doctor said the baby looks healthy, and I'm glad we got to ask questions and ease some my FTM/ 1st trimester jitters.

4. Rants/raves/questions?  I'm ready to feel better, and be out of the 1st trimeseter- never realized how anxoius I would be about everything

I've been a Commercial Visual Merchandiser for a mens retalier for 6 years. I'm basically a product manager, sales manager, and visual merchandiser in one. It's interesting and creative, but stressful. It's been tough since i've been pregnant because i'm on my feet 8hrs a day 5 days/wk- we'll see how it goes as I get bigger. If I wasn't at my current job, I would like to get into interior design and styling. Also, working with animals would be cool, too. I really love dogs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    11 weeks baby is size of a lime!
    2. How are you feeling?
    Tired!! But good, starting to be able to eat more, less food aversions. 
    First real appointment Thursday the 22nd!! So so excited to hear a heartbeat and May ne see the baby bear!
    Rant: told the in-laws last night and that we wanted to wait until Easter to tell everyone else, so or course at a funeral today for father in laws stepfather they decided it's the perfect time to tell nana to lift her spirits so now most of DHs family knows now..
    I love my job, I'm a union millwright which very little people knowwhat that is, but with baby coming I'm not sure I'll be able to do it anymore traveling and on the road all the time is not going to be easy..
  • Options
    @macheno and @breanneestafford1 Interior design isn't as glamorous as the TV shows depict it to be! It is a lot of hand holding the client with their picky decisions and last minute changes. Lots of coordination and details to think through. I work with large companies which is supposed to be better than residential and I still struggle sometimes. Everyone has an opinion and wants to design so really you just become a project manager who executes their vision within their budget and schedule. Which 9/10 they want it done yesterday and for next to nothing but have expensive taste! So frustrating!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    If I lived in a temperate climate maybe a mail carrier would be fun. However, I'd hate it in MI winters.
  • Options
    Yay I go here!

10 weeks. A strawberry!

2. How are you feeling? not great. MS is kicking my ass but Diclectin is helping considerably. I'm exhausted all the time and completely turned off by coffee.

3. Any appointments this week? nope! Next appt is 12 weeks IPS testing

4. Rants/raves/questions? I am already starting to show this time and I'm afraid I'm gonna balloon compared to first pregnancy!

I have been in advertising as a media buyer for 10 years. I do love it but starting to think I need a change. I'm not finding my current work very challenging. If I could start over I would go into the trades or nursing. Something on my feet.
  • Options
    I know I'm 10, but due date based on baby's size says 11

2. How are you feeling?
    Still taking 4 pills of Diclegis a day and have nausea , but I haven't thrown up in a week so that it something

Had an appointment with an U/S on monday

Baby is measuring a week ahead, but does that mean development is a week ahead too or baby is just larger? I was monitored for my IUI, so we know exactly conceived.

A book editor maybe. 
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 11w!  Lime

2. How are you feeling? Starting to feel better, still tired, still having waves of nausea but over all better.

3. Any appointments this week?  I had one today and got to hear the heart beat!  

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not right now

I work in commissions at a large health insurance company.  I feel like there are so many random things I would be doing if I had the smarts and confidence to make a huge life change.  I would love to have a career in some sort of science. 
  • Options

I am a little late to the game...catching up after being sick for a few days and just sleeping as much as possible. no more fever though and my throat feels a ton better so back to just plain old MS. ;)

11 weeks - lime
    2. How are you feeling?
    lots of MS and extremely tired, but for several weeks it seemed to be getting worse every day and now I have times here and there where I feel a little better, so I think/hope I am on the downward slope with that part.
    our first OB appt with the little bedside US tomorrow (3/20)!
    my left eye has been twitching for most of two weeks. driving me crazy. I did up my potassium intake, but probably more from fatigue than anything. I know it will go away but it is hard to ignore. not the worst thing ever, though.

i am an office manager for a very small counseling office. This was a change for me but just sort of fell into my lap and was the perfect blend of hours/pay/flexibility so here I am. I went to school for math/business and have always been a numbers girl, but if I could do anything it would be to own a yarn shop. I do teach classes occasionally at our local yarn shop, so it is a start. ;)

• Options
    @zwink1 I too am 11 weeks and I had a headache for about three days but mine ended with a migraine :/ I only get those a couple of times year if even that. Hope this is the only pregnancy one! Hope your headache has gone away! 
    //returns to lurking//
  • Options
    @norahkate your twitching could be dehydration.
  • Options
    norahkatenorahkate member
    edited March 2018
    @cdepperschmidt thank you. I did consider that too, but honestly if it is I am out of luck because I usually drink a ridiculous amount of water. But not impossible because I definitely notice it more now if I have a day or two where I drink less...hmm.
    Also, I seriously dislike drinking water but work about three steps from the water cooler so figure it is an easy concession to make for my health.  ;)
  • Options
    It might not just be your water intake. I drink a ton, but have been throwing up. My Dr wants me taking Pedialyte because my sodium was low when they ran an electrolyte panel.
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt @sammierose464 thank you both for the insight...I have my first ob appt today so will run it past him instead of trying to just ignore it as just something I have to live with for now.
  • Options
    :) also, I have my first OB appt today!!
  • Options
    Yay for your first appt!!