June 2018 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessional / Unpopular Opinion Roundup (3/16)

Bring 'em on, ladies!

Image result for judge judy opinion gif

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessional / Unpopular Opinion Roundup (3/16)

• Options
    krashke            - yes!  ha, our amazon account is linked to DH's emails so I get busted pretty easily, lol.  Have you seen the little baskets of single serve chips/cookies/waters that people who do a lot of online shopping put out on the porch for their delivery guys to take?  I find it hilarious
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke I used to do this all the time except my OB (who lives in our building) caught me getting packages by myself at the front desk and was like DONT GET PACKAGES MAKE YH GET THEM!! So now I’m irrationally afraid she’s going to catch me again and I don’t know what’s worse: DHs annoyance at my Sephora purchases or hers at my lifting of boxes. Sigh. 
  • Options
    It's reversed at our house- DH tries to hide his orders lol. It doesn't work because we both get notifications on our phones when things are ordered but he's far worse about spending than I am lol
  • Options
    @2589 or when they put your tiny purchase in a giant box so it looks like you ordered something absurdly expensive but really it’s jusy floss. 
  • Options
    @krashke I can't ever hide it. Our building sends emails to both of us when packages arrive. Womp womp!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    krash_krash_ member
    edited March 2018
    We have amazon household so we both have our own accounts that are linked to our prime. It's nice for at Christmas so we don't see what we bought each other. 

We have also talked about getting a ring camera but I decided that wouldn't be a good idea because then he would get notifications if a package is delivered. And with our loud barky dog I don't think we would really need it.  
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    My H doesn’t judge the number of packages but I still hate opening them in front of him. I think he assumes I just order toothpaste and boring things. But DS now believes every package is for him and screams and opens them if he can. Then screams when he realizes they aren’t for him. So my clothes shopping is outed. 
  • Options
    Most of the stuff I order online isn't for me anyway. We order all of my son's diapers online so we don't have to lug them home with groceries (in a city where you carry all your stuff home and up the stairs yourself, which means you tend to do groceries frequently in small quantities), so it's usually for him...but not something exciting. @marcus7676 your story made me laugh. 

I work hard and have the bigger income. Can't say I feel bad on the occasions the boxes delivered are for me. Possibly I'd have more of a complex about it if I depended more on my partner's income. This is why it's nice to have separate bank accounts too - a little privacy! As long as we are meeting our joint financial obligations around the mortgage, taxes, daycare, groceries, savings, etc., there isn't an issue. Luckily. 

Confession: I feel pretty good overall at this point in the pregnancy, but still let my partner get up with our son himself in the mornings while I get an extra 30 min - 1 hour of rest. I truly needed it the first trimester. Now I'm just used to it. My poor partner. :-/ 
  • Options
    I hate helping my 12 year old with his school projects. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to display and layout..   And well 12 year old boys simply aren't. I just want to complete his posters for him, because they're driving me batty looking at all the (slightly) crooked cut Lines and lack of effective sizing.  :s:s:s