July 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday - 3/9

What's happening at the gym, if anything??

Re: Fit Mom Friday - 3/9

• I've had a pretty lazy but busy week, "workouts" have mostly consisted of running around the park with DD and wall sits lol. I am, obsessed with wall sits. I'm planning on making it to a barre class and jogging a bit this weekend. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's been an every/other day for me. Gym was closed Monday, worked out Tuesday, lazied on Wednesday, back at it yesterday, and we'll see about tonight when the time comes. Been more tired than usual this week. Hopefully with the clocks changing and it staying lighter later will make it easier to get there! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Loading the player...
  • This week was pretty good, prenatal yoga twice, taught twice, did a long walk and today I made it to spin. I'm teaching in the am and might rest or walk on Sunday. I've been pretty good with food and aside from a couple of small treats I've eaten healthy at home 5/5 days!
  • Coming up on week 23, and I have to say, it’s definitely getting harder for me! have been having pretty brutal pelvic pain just walking, which my doctor initially thought might be ‘vaginal varicose veins’, but which now looks like SPD. However, oddly my elliptical / stairmaster doesn’t seem to irritate it (!), so I’m still at that a few days a week + tried spin Sat and a circuit training class Sun (bad idea).

Impressed you guys are going strong! My baby moon isn’t for 4-5 weeks, so gotta keep moving until at least then!
  • 24 weeks and still working out (light jogging/fast walking at an incline) at least six days a week. However, my food choices are trash. I eat way too much and make terrible choices. Where did my will power and self control go?  :/
  • krystlerrkrystlerr member
    edited March 2018
    I have been MIA from this thread bc my exercise routine has been slacking. Going on two bachelorette parties this month (one in which I planned) has been exhausting. Trying to get a couple classes in this week! I was able to squeeze in spin and Pilates last week. 
  • @foxbaby2016 I’ve been struggling with my diet a bit too... especially the sweets! This am I did an hour of cardio just to work off a snickers + a cookie. Was so mad at myself!
  • @pretzellover Yessss, give me all of the sweets!

Yesterday I had TWO cupcakes for lunch. It just kind of happened...I looked down confused and saw two cupcake wrappers. I vaguely remember the act of eating them. 

• I have not been good with food this week as I have been in a bad mood and stressed out. Hopefully today is a new day! I'm also dumb and committed to a morning walk and to a boot camp class (upper body only) and forgot I'm teaching tonight. Hopefully I survive. Thankfully the class I teach is only 30 minutes of me being actually active. 

Kind of excited about being done teaching at the end of the month and get back into my own routine!
  • Got the all clear to get back to my workouts late last week. So last Thursday sucked since I hadn't been allowed to do anything for a week, I felt so weak and sluggish. Saturday was hard too but I'm still convinced that was the instructor, not my conditioning. Monday and yesterday were great sweat sessions.

Anyone else amused/annoyed at how the rapidly changing center of gravity seems to be effecting workouts? My balance is totally screwy now and if I do any squats I've had to make my stance wider which makes me feel like I'm doing a sumo squat.
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited March 2018
    @noideawhatshesdoing yay, you're back! I'm sorry you couldn't do much, hope all is better now!
    Yup, center of gravity is starting to shift. I still feel like I can balance well but I'm sure it's going to change soon!
  • @kissableviv thanks. I'm glad to be back! Balance is getting wobbly fast!
  • Maybe this is just me but...wearing leggings and a sports bra in a fitness class...Why? I just don't get it. I think I used to do that in hot yoga classes - maybe. Like 104f classes. But in a Zumba class in a large perfectly air conditioned space? Ummm.

Also, most boring Zumba class ever. Went to a different gym location and didn't love the instructor at all. At least I got my hour of movement in, but now I know this time is not good!
  • @kissableviv I never understand that type of attire for the gym or class. Lol but I guess to each their own! 

Speaking of leggings, mine are definitely feeling tighter in the tummy region so I just ordered my first pair of maternity leggings from old navy! Kind of excited. Lol 

I was able to squeeze in pilates yesterday and lots of walking but this week, my workouts have been slacking. Leaving to Palm Springs today and hoping to get back to my regular routine next week. 
  • @kissableviv I don't get it either. Usually not hot enough to warrant that and really is it that hard to throw a tank on too? But being a sweaty girl, I've always felt like a tank is just more sanitary.

Although, I was tempted to dump my tank and just work out in my sports bra and maternity leggings last night because the ones I was wearing were making me too hot! I thought they might be cooler because they only have the full panel in the front and then taper in the back so you can still get some airflow, but geeze, I get so hot in them. I think I'm going to just stick to shorts from here on out.
  • Has anybody gone swimming yet? If so, is there any particular style you're avoiding or that doesn't feel comfortable? This coming weekend will be my first time swimming since October and I plan on picking that up in the third trimester, plus during the babymoon at the end of April.