October 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 3/15

SmallangelSmallangel member
edited March 2018 in October 2018 Moms
Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 9 weeks to 10 weeks on Thursday 3/15, so my “ticker” changes on Thursdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

Questions stolen from @knottieamusements

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing? (Also, what do you do for work now?)

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3/15

• SmallangelSmallangel member
    edited March 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    10 Weeks, Baby is the size of a strawberry

2. How are you feeling?
    Slightly nauseous but generally feeling well. Trying to remain positive that everything will be a good outcome once I have my 12 week scan. 

No appointments this week but I have an appointment to see my midwife next week Thursday.

This first trimester is draaagin! 

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing? (Also, what do you do for work now?)
    I left my child-care profession to peruse my business full time which although is challenging I prefer so much that I can arrange my working hours around my daughter. 
    I cant see myself continuing to work in child-care being pregnant with a toddler. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? I am 11 weeks today! (EDD Oct 4)... baby is the size of a lime

2. How are you feeling?  a little better each day. My sour stomach is improving and appetite coming back. Heartburn is still relentless. 

3. Any appointments this week? my next appointment is on Monday 3/19 for 12 week (ish) check in and prenatal screening. I’m nervous about that !!

4. Rants/raves/questions?  I read somewhere after 1st tri it’s not advised to sleep on your back?? Do I have this mixed up.. just another myth or truth?

I am currently a medical speech pathologist.. I work in Otolaryngology and we rehab speech and swallow for head and neck cancer and trauma patients. It’s a very intense and emotionally taxing job.. getting through the first tri and working was rough! If I didn’t do this, I’d still be an SLP but I’d be working in the schools with kids. I’m a FTM and the thought of having summers and holidays off is very enticing 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    10 weeks, size of a strawberry!

2. How are you feeling?
    Still just very tired, except now I'm having more trouble sleeping at night. A few weeks ago I was passing out hard. Random nausea, but mild. 

Nope, not for another couple weeks.

I agree with @Smallangel, first tri is dragging. I'm ready to tell people, so I don't have to fake it anymore. Going to a wedding tonight that I am not looking forward to pretending to drink and pretending I don't want to hole up in my house. At least once people know, I'll have a good excuse. I'm terrible at lying. I'm really just in a hermit phase right now.

Right now, I'm a geotechnical engineer. In other words, I play with dirt. It's cool and I get to get outside every once in a while. I have no idea what I'd do otherwise, but if we're talking dream jobs, what I really always wanted to do is write novels.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 9 weeks, the size of a cherry! (Though I was already measuring over 9 weeks at my appt on Tuesday!)

2. How are you feeling? Exhausted all the time, but otherwise pretty good. Excited to keep getting further along. 

3. Any appointments this week? Had my last appt/ultrasound with my RE this past Tuesday, so no appts until my first OB visit in two weeks. 

4. Rants/raves/questions?  Not pregnancy related but my allergies have been crazy the past week, and I just want to scratch my eyes out all the time! 

I’m an administrator in medical education now, but my dream job would probably be a baker! 

@Smallangel I can imagine working in child care while pregnant would be challenging. I’m having a hard enough time having energy and patience for my one kid, I can’t imaging taking care of multiple others! 

@linssears4 GL at your appt on Monday! Re: sleeping on your back - I always thought it was after second trimester you shouldn’t, but i could be remembering wrong. 

@hannaht8516 I feel you on being a hermit. I just want to relax at home and not have to do anything these days! 
  • I had my first appointment yesterday and my ticker change is officially Thursday, not Monday as I had originally thought.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 8 weeks! Baby is the size of a raspberry.

2. How are you feeling? Nausea on and off but not terrible, incredibly tired, but overall pretty good right now.

We had our first appointment yesterday and all went well! 
    Happy that everything went well yesterday! We told our grandparents and everyone is so excited. It really made it more real and much more exciting.
    I currently work in the administration department of a hospital laboratory. If I wasn’t doing this, I would love to be a chef or a baker. I love to cook and bake, but rarely find time to really enjoy it.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Thanks for posting this! DF let me sleep in  :D
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
    9 weeks. Baby is the size of a grape.
    2. How are you feeling?
    Tired, nauseous, and very irritable.
    Finally have my first prenatal appointment in 6 days. 
    Everything 
    is annoying me. Everything.
    I would be a teacher. Or a singer. It could go either way. Currently a freelance writer.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves I second the irritability and overall general annoyance. 
  • @linssears4- All the best for your appointment on Monday and I believe not sleeping on your back is more in the third trimester but even now to sleep on your side helps the blood flow. 

@hannaht8516- I have been avoiding EVERYONE exactly for this reason. I have even taken an impromptu visit to see my family with my daughter in order to have a break. People are annoying me tremendously at the moment so I totally agree with you @mytrueloves.
  • Thanks for the sleeping advice Thursday fam!!! Can’t wait to post US pics. I’ve been extra tired and moody too!!! 
    9 weeks, baby is as big as a sweet little cherry. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty good for the most part. Mostly just fatigued, sore boobs, bloating and trouble sleeping. I only seem to get waves of nausea if I go a long time without eating, some smells. My mom and sister didn’t have much morning sickness with their pregnancies so will count myself as one of the lucky ones. 

Nope. 

M
    y boss is a very difficult person, a bully who creates  toxic work enviornment, especially if you’re another women. We have an event coming up and she has gone into Bmode overdrive.  Been losing sleep over it, all sorts of anxiety. It’s gotten to the point that our dean (work in development for a university) has called a meeting with my bosses boss to try and address some of the issues I along with other colleagues have been dealing with. I decided to tell the dean and our HR rep about my pregnancy so that I’ll hopefully have more protection from the toxic boss. Not ideal but at least it’s on record now. 

Currently working for a university in development, which is a cool job generally. If not this, Playing clarinet in a symphony or as a chamber musician, in this scenario I will also just won the lottery making up for the meger musicians wage B)