May 2018 Moms

Babies R Us Closing

Not sure if everyone had seen this article (or similar) about Babies R Us.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/03/15/babies-r-us-toys-r-us-registries-gift-cards-online-shopping/427777002/

Did anyone else have their registry with Babies R Us?  I suppose my plan is now to purchase items with our gift cards that I know they'll need in the future that we were going to hold off on (i.e. convertible car seats, tons of size 4 diapers)!  We don't have a Buy Buy Baby near us.  Any other stores that you rely on as parents to have a wide variety of baby stuff?  I know Amazon has it all...but sometimes you can't wait for 2-day shipping :)  Any other items you all would recommend buying before the gift cards are no longer accepted?  

Re: Babies R Us Closing

• Target is my go to because they have a lot and Starbucks. And they price match Amazon. But Amazon really is my go to. Our babies r us blows though. 

Convertible car seats, jumperoo or excersaucer...activity mat...WIPES (seriously you can never have enough and they don’t come in a size)....potty training supplies...if you got your furniture there make sure you have the railings etc for cribs that transition...
  • Babies R Us has had TERRIBLE customer service so this whole revelation doesn't surprise me.  

Those are all great ideas!  We did get our furniture there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeahhhh that’s why I don’t buy from them. It’s not worth the struggle if I have to return it! 
  • Our babies r us wasn’t great but it’s all we had for baby stuff except target and Walmart. Hoping target gets more baby things in now. 

I agree with stocking up on diapers and wipes. You will always need them. Maybe look into older baby stuff- sippy cups, plates, snack cups, plastic/rubber pocket bibs