Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thurs 3/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night?
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: WTO Thurs 3/15

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNV, charting, temping, OPK's, B complex, CoQ10

R/R: flashing smiley OPK today! But DH is going away for the weekend this weekend, be back Sunday. Hope O holds out until Sunday (projected) so we can still get good timing! Going to make him saddle up tonight and tomorrow before he goes, and this will totally be me tonight AND as soon as he gets back (without the brother in the kitchen, I don't have one of those)  :D  

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night? Settlin' by Sugarland

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: all the things 

R/R: I have the rest of the week off! It's nice not having to go to work... but I'm bored!
    My OB finally got back to me yesterday. She wants me to start testing with her. I go in tomorrow. I'm so nervous. What kind of tests should I expect and which ones are CD specific? I have an idea but I just want to be as prepared as possible. 

CS/Q: Is there any point in continuing to temp? Previous temping cycles showed a clear temp shift that lines up perfectly with the opks. I don't really feel like I need to keep doing it but if it gives the doctors more information then I will.

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night? Sweet Home Alabama

@catlady2015 Hopefully your timing works out for you this cycle! Sounds like you'll hit plenty of your fertile days.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 14/7

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: pnv, charting

R/R: I only work a 4 day week, so no more work after today!  Rant , today at work is horrible

CS/Q: none

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night
    Total eclipse of the heart

• Options
    @LJMoon6 - glad you get a break from work (even if you're bored). I'm sorry your OB wants you to start testing. I don't know much about it, though. I know there's ovarian reserve testing, as well as CD3 bloodwork, and CD21 (or 7dpo) bloodwork. You'll probably also get thyroid/pituitary hormone levels tested. Many ladies on this board are intimately acquainted with these tests, and might be able to give you a better overview of what to expect. :( 

@holly321 - So sorry you're having a crappy day at work. *hugs*
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @suzycupcake - YAY for pretty lining and trigger tonight!! Hope you and YH can get excellent timing!

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    omg the gifs, I can't take it /ded  :D Thank you. Isn't it funny how impending o can make us so happy all of a sudden? It's a nice break from the mundane.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 15

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: practice bd

R/R: finally for my butt to the dr. I have a sinus infection and the start of bronchitis and if I'm not feeling better by Monday she wants to do blood tests. Glad i went in. Yay for meds.

CS/Q:

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night? I wouldn't sing karaoke haha. My mom is tone deaf and although i am not (so I've been told by the few who have heard me) i have a secret fear that i sound like her. So i do not sing except in the car or shower by myself.

@ LJMoon6 i temp because it prepares me for AF. I know when i see a temp drop at 12 dpo that AF is coming.

@catlady2015 get that BDing onnnn!

@suzycupcake WOOOOHOOO! Great news! FX soooo hard for you!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:17/17

CD:6

WAYDTGKU:bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Woke up with a awful headache at 6 took a pill and went back to bed and slept till 9:15. I think I needed that I`ve been waking up so figgin early lately it must have caught up with me.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night? Sunshower - Chris Cornell
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I would keep temping. (I did keep temping) even in a cycle when you're doing testing you may not be doing treatment and I personally like having as much "data" as possible. I wouldn't want to miss anything in a cycle just because we're doing testing. I did my initial test with my OB as well. We started with an HSG to ensure that tubes are open, DH did a SA, then we moved to CD3 blood work. I recommend checking out ASRM's website (american society for reproductive medicine) it is reproductivefacts.org it is a wealth of information. you can search for patient fact sheets. if it is too overwhelming PM me. 
    @holly321 sorry work is so rough right now. I hope there is some relief for you in the very near future.
    @catlady2015 good luck with the timing

Month/Cycle: this is cycle 19

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: IUI/medicated cycle

R/R: having a great day, despite the ominous "beware the ides of March" text I got this AM. lol.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night?
    something from Tom Petty, so many great songs!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @dragonette505 Were they able to freeze another one? O is never late. It's right on time for what your ute is doing for that cycle. Hugs and my fingers are crossed for you. All the prayers! <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @maureenmce - wow, that's a longer surge! DH and I are typically EOD'ers, even through FW - it gets overwhelming for sure. we're not always the most frisky people (demanding jobs, etc. and sometimes we just wanna sleep) but it gives us a break and helps preserve DH's sperm count (he hasn't had testing yet, but I'm not ignoring the possibility it could be lower!) I don't use the cheapies, but I would think that once your line starts to fade a bit again, that's the day to go nuts HIO b/c your surge is ending. We try to do ED just for -1, O, and +1 if we can manage it (this month will be just O and +1 in a row). Of course, that predicates knowing when O is and not getting the fake out you're getting. :( So I guess no really helpful advice in that ramble, just some sympathy that ED can get nuts and it's very easy to put too much pressure on yourself to know everything and do everything at the right time. *hugs*
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Thanks! I feel kind of bad because my husband honestly just wanted to go to bed last night after nearly 6 nights in a row of HIO (and he had only gotten a few hours of sleep the night before!) But I *completely* guilted him into sex because I was afraid it was our last, best chance this cycle...and then I got another positive OPK this morning and had to be like 'hey...wanna have sex again tonight and the next night? JK about last night being our last, best chance!' I definitely need to cool it after this FW week and take a gentler, more relaxed approach next cycle. And I'm going to start temping, I think, so I can be clearer about when we do need to have sex every day and when we can relax and do every other day. But this cycle ***TW loss mentioned*** as I said in TTCAL is our last chance before the due date of my first loss and I have been ever so slightly maniacal about trying to have the best chance possible of this cycle being "the one." I feel terrible about it but I also kind of can't help myself. ***end TW***
  • Options
    @maureenmce - temping will help a lot. it can take a couple cycles to see your pattern (as far as what's your typical day before-O temp) but you can use that to help guide with the OPK's to get more informed about impending O. I tend to get a little more calm b/c I have more data (i temp and do OPK), and I find it helps channel the crazy. totally normal to get crazy about it. *hugs*
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    So I did something crazy today... I went and got a second job! I hate being bored on the weekends when the only thing I can think to do is go shopping. But now instead of spending money I'll be making it! I'll just be serving on the weekends. But if I can make as much as I think I can make then I'll have my student loans paid off in a year! So excited! But also very nervous to be working so much.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BD, checking CM, OPKs, BBT

R/R: Rave: It's almost the weekend and I get to see my best friend and my mom! Rant: I feel like I am going to take forever to O this cycle, again. I hate not knowing when things are going to happen.

CS/Q: None

GTKY: Stolen from yesterday's TWW - What would you sing at a karaoke night? Like @Kath525, I wouldn't. lol I only sing in my car by myself. haha

@LJMoon6 I would definitely keep temping! I find it useful. It confirms that you did actually O. I know they can do tests that confirm it too, but its nice to know. Sometimes you can get a positive OPK but that doesn't necessarily mean that you Od or are getting ready to, it just means your body was prepping to. So yeah, I'd keep temping, for sure. :)

@catlady2015 Yay! Get it girl.

@suzycupcake Good luck with triggering and your IUI on Saturday!! How exciting. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018