July 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Strollers

I am pretty sure we had a thread on strollers already but maybe newbies didn't search it and maybe this will be a really organized ways for those of you who posted there to re-share your knowledge!

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... strollers! Doubles, singles, jogging, etc. Worthless, can't do without, whatever your opinion is lets hear it!

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed.  

For S+TMs:
  • Favorite{stroller}:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Additional thoughts on [stroller]:

For FTMs:
  • [strollers] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

ETA: This is our schedule for reference, and past links here. Created based on June 2018 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhSR3UAwJx8UitC9b2hRx57c4hHkK6BU679FjqXMeHQ/edit?usp=sharing 

THis is June's if you want to look at past threads for reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gjNtxy2Kd2JceTYYR5wkwVcpTbU-khgazhjcZnfI1y4/edit?usp=sharing

message me if you want me to add categories! 

Re: Product Spotlight Week of 12/4: Strollers

• Options
    • Favorite{stroller}: citi mini
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): I  got mine on Craigslist for 125 I believe
    • What you like about it: easy to maneuver, low price point, very compact
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: the infant carseat attachment is garbage. I used the chicco infant carrier stroller until she was big enough to use this one
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: nope
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]: this was the only non umbrella stroller I could fit in my trunk (cadillac ATS)
  • Options
    • Favorite{stroller}: well I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's the only one we have...Uppababy Cruz. 
    • Link/picture: https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1/214785--uppababy-cruz-2017-stroller-pascal.html
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $529
    • What you like about it: big storage basket, seat can turn either way, can use with bassinet, a lot of the perks of the Vista but lighter/smaller. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: still pretty heavy, can't be used as a double
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: Thinking about the Vista because we will need a double. I wish we had just gotten the Vista in the first place, but was not really thinking ahead to # 2 at the time. Now I feel like it's our only real option for a double, unless we buy a new infant seat, because it doesn't seem like any of the other doubles have an adapter for the Mesa. 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]: I posted this on that other thread a while back but  I don't think anyone answered...I have the Uppababy Mesa infant seat, does anyone know of a convertible or double stroller that makes an adapter for this seat? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • Favorite{stroller}: Bob Revolution and Chicco Bravo
    • Link/picture: https://www.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution-Single-Jogging-Stroller/dp/B004DC9TAS?th=1 and https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Bravo-Travel-System-Lilla/dp/B00MS9VTH4?th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): The Bob is pricier, Chisso travel system is a great bargain for what you get IMO
    • What you like about it: I LOVE my Bob. It's so easy to maneuver, great for off roading on grass, rocks, even sand and I ran with mine so much. IMO it's a must have for an active, outdoorsy family. The Chicco travel system is super easy and lightweight. I can easily fold it down and toss it in the back of my SUV with one hand while holding baby. It also folds down really small for when you need to store it in a restaurant or any small space. It's duper easy to click the car seat in and out and to change the incline of the stroller. It has a large storage basket and it just a great little travel system. The car seat works with the Bob with an adapter.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: I wish the Bob had a larger storage basket and was easier to recline. The Chicco is super but I can tell the difference when pushing it vs the Bob with its large inflatable wheels. I'm definitely glad we have both as each one was a great fir at different times depending on what we were doing. 
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I'm eyeing the double Bob.
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]: nope, honestly there are tons of great strollers on the market, get what works for your family and lifestyle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I won't be much help on this because we went with the best price deal both times. With DD we got a Graco travel system for $70 at Target (end of the year clearance sale). It came with the infant car seat and the stroller to connect in to. We also used without the infant seat when DD got older and since then when DD refuses to sit in the stroller and we use it just for DS. 

When DS came along, we got a Graco Duo Glider at a garage sale for $25. It has worked really great for us! At first I wanted DD and DS to be able to sit side by side but then I realized that configuration is very wide and made it difficult when shopping, so the Duo Glider with the front and back configuration was really nice.

We also have an InStep bike trailer that allows the kids to sit side by side and it has an attachable handle so we can use it as a stroller for outside/walks. We also got that one at a garage sale for $40.

I have heard great things about Bob stollers and joggers but the price for us wasn't justified because we wouldn't use it much. We live one block from a park, so a cheaper stroller to get us to the park quick is all we really need. We will probably continue with what we have when #3 arrives because DD is learning to ride a bike. :) 

• Options
    • Favorite{stroller}: BOB Revolution
    • Link/picture: https://smile.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution-Jogging-Stroller-Black/dp/B019EZD7T2/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1512409652&sr=8-2&keywords=bob+revolution&th=1
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $375
    • What you like about it: It is GREAT for running, and easy to fold up. My son seems comfy in it. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: It is a little big for shopping and tighter spaces (I use my Britax B-Agile for these occasions). It is also hard to get things in and out of the basket underneath. I wish it came with the snack tray by default instead of requiring you to purchase separately.
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I am on the fence about getting a double stroller. My son will be almost 3 when the new baby arrives, so I am thinking maybe I can get by with my single. The only issue is running, it would be nice to be able to take them both with me. I may look for a cheap double running stroller on Craigslist as I cannot stomach the price of a new double BOB. 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]: The BOB is great if you really like to run, but I do not really see a use for it if you are not a runner, unless you do a lot of offroad walking. 
  • Options
    • Favorite{stroller}:—it was a babytrend jogging one. It’s still great but we’ll have to get a double. 
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):— not crazy- I think we got it on amazon during one of their deals for like $80
    • What you like about it: —it’s sturdy and comfy for DS, easy to fold up and unfold and can go through EVERYTHING!
    • What you don't like about it, if anything:—hmm... nothing except it’s not a double!
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I’m crushing on the modular doubles like iCandy but can’t see spending $1200+ on a stroller. That’s insane. I do have a double picked out but I can’t remember which one off hand. 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]: doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg. Get something that you like and that will be comfortable/grow with baby. We love the joggers because the big wheels allow it to go through everything! I would never get a stroller with plastic wheels. 
  • Options

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I see that it says click connect but can you attach an infant seat? If so, I would probably get it, that looks like a good price for a decent stroller. You'll probably want an umbrella stroller too down the line but they're cheap. I had a normal graco click connect(not jogger) travel system with my first and I didn't hate it. I couldn't justify spending hundreds on a stroller we wouldn't use that much. 
  • Options
    zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited December 2017
    acunamatada There is also a travel system, which has the infant car seat.  https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Fastaction-Jogger-Connect-Travel/dp/B00UVW40XA/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1512420755&sr=1-5&keywords=Graco+Fastaction+Fold+Jogger+Click+Connect+Stroller
    The click connects all connect with infant car seats. 

The only reason I wouldn't buy it this way, is because I want the Graco Snugride35 LX, which doesn't need to be re-thread each time the baby grows (will bring this one up when car seats come into play).

*Edit: to add more verbage

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa it looks like they're about the same price whichever way you buy it so I'd probably go with the nicer car seat. Rethreading isn't the hardest thing to do but it's annoying. 
  • Options
    We love our vista! I've schlepped three kids comfortably! zande2016   I would reallly recommend it! 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
     @acunamatada I've had to re-thread those suckers for my niece and nephew. I'm not down to do it for my kid. lol 

• Options
    Zulily has a great deal on BabyJogger today!! 
  • Options
    We just got the bugaboo donkey. I LOVE it. I mostly got it because it can be used as a single or double and is so insanely versatile. The newborn can be in a bassinet or a car seat before you move them to a stroller seat and I love the storage. I was going to get a double Bob since I love my Bob but DD will be 3 a few months after the baby is born so her time in a stroller is limited. This way I can just use it as a single instead of being stuck with a half empty double.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH is researching strollers while I research sleeping surfaces, but I'll cross reference with this thread! I don't think I want to spend $800 on a stroller...but we do want to invest on a good one because we will use it a lot. I'll see what options DH will come up with! Eyeing the Vista for now for a $$$ option and a Chicco for a more affordable one.
  • Options
    @kissableviv if there is a high end stroller you really like consider getting it used. That's what we did with the Bugaboo and it looks brand new. Also, unlike a car seat a stroller's safety and performance isn't compromised by a little use. We saw several options of craigs list, ebay and Facebook Marketplace that were is great shape. 

Also IMO I would prefer to have the exact stroller I want that may be used than a cheaper version fresh out of the box. Plus, after a week or 2 of use it won't look fresh out of the box new anymore anyways. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere my thoughts exactly!! I'm registered for a huge consignment sale event in February, they have a presale event for expecting moms! Really excited to potentially score some deals. Thanks so much for all the information!
  • Options
    We just got the bugaboo donkey. I LOVE it. I mostly got it because it can be used as a single or double and is so insanely versatile. The newborn can be in a bassinet or a car seat before you move them to a stroller seat and I love the storage. I was going to get a double Bob since I love my Bob but DD will be 3 a few months after the baby is born so her time in a stroller is limited. This way I can just use it as a single instead of being stuck with a half empty double.
    I am in the same boat for age gap, I love the bugaboo donkey but don't know if I can justify spending so much on it. Anyone know of discounts?
  • Options
    • Favorite{stroller}: Peg Perego Book Pop Up

• Link/picture: https://pegperegocanada.com/baby/book-pop-up

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): I think we paid about 900$ CAD for it. So it is expensive.  

• What you like about it: The fabric is of very good quality. I love the look of it. It is easy to steer with one hand. My son (2yo) has always appeared comfortable. We also had the Peg Perego infant car seat as well, so I loved that everything matched. The handlebar is super comfortable whereas my bff has a Britax and she hates her handlebar. I absolutely LOVED the bassinet that comes with this set. It is sleep safe and my son used it for naps and bedtime for the first 3 months. 

• What you don't like about it, if anything: For the amount of money that we paid for this stroller, I do not like the plastic parts. Especially the clip to code the stroller. This actually was recalled in Canada as they believe you should have two clips to hold it. Since this doesn’t pose any injury to my children, I did not opt for the added part the recall would of sent us. Also, even though I find it incredibly easy to use, someone with no experience managed to bend the seat when attempting to install it to the base. This is super annoying now as the back of the stroller is just a tad bit crooked. We also did not purchase the Peg Perego cup holder after bad reviews. Instead we got a Britax double cup holder and that has been working great attached to our stroller. 

• Additional thoughts on [stroller]: My son (so far) is not a runner, so instead of purchasing a two-seated stroller, I purchased the “board” that attaches to the back of this stroller for him to stand on while I push the stroller. I haven’t attached it yet but I’m a bit nervous because the photo makes it appear a bit flimsy looking. 
  • Options
    Ugh sorry for the comment above, I got stuck in the box! Thought I deleted it. Anyone have experience with the iCandy double, I just found a killer deal on a used one (like 90% off retail). Thinking I might just jump on it if it’s in decent shape. 
  • Options
    I'd love to hear who has a 2+ that they love
  • Options
    I’ve been eyeballing a Britax b ready so I can use it as a single or double if DS decides he wants to sit. Or for #3 which will hopefully be closer in age than #1 and #2. 
    Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I’ve been seeing them used online for decent prices. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada I looked at that one because I wanted something that could be used as a single or double, I love strollers that have lots of configuration options. What I disliked was that DD was squished down under the other seat and super low to the ground, it seemed uncomfortable. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere is this the Chicco stroller you were mentioning? Thinking of going with this one. I tried the uppababy and dislike the handle, ha! This one comes with the car seat and extra bases. Chicco Bravo Stroller Trio System - Lake with with Bonus Car Seat Base - Anthracite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0767QPRHW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ItNwAb3MFA9Z1
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited January 2018
    @runsomewhere @acunamatada I have a contours options elite which has two seats, a thing you can add to put your carseat in, and many configurations.  It's kind of heavy and big but the seats come off and on easily which makes it easy to store in the trunk. I use it as a single now and it has a huge storage basket with a side zipper to dig things out of both chairs were in use. Both seats are on the same kevel, unless you use the carseat attachment then the carseat is up higher but the other seat isn't super k ow below it. The carseat attachment comes with it's not an added purchase.
  • Options
    Anyone not planning on using an infant bucket style carseat? Asking because i think we are going to go with the graco 4 in 1 because of its rating and eveything but im having trouble finding a stroller for an infant that doesnt need the bucket style carrier.
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @busymommy23 I’m probably going with the bucket seat myself, but a lot of strollers have the bassinet option! I saw some when I was looking at a britax, but there’s other styles too. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada i did see a few of them, but honestly, because this will be our last, I really dont feel like spending 300 or so on one. Especially since the car seat will probably be at least 200....i think. With my boys, i had a travel systen but dont feel that i need one since im pretty set on the graco. I was just wondering if any STMs went this route before and what they used. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    Anyone tried/know someone who has the Nuna? I’ve been eyeing the travel set with stroller, bassinet and car seat!
  • Options
    @kissableviv yeah that's the travel system we have.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @christycalifornia all my friends went with city select for a double stroller. They all swore by them. 

I started off with a Bugaboo Bee and a chicco keyfit 30 car seat ( back in 2014 with DD)  The Bugaboo was super lightweight, easy to use and compact great for travel. We bought a City Mini GT after renting one on vacation because for the older babes it was much more comfortable and the cover protects more of the babes from sun and wind. It was also better to use for walking trails with the tires they were bigger and it was easier to maneuver in all weather. 
    Things to look for from my experience. The wheels/tires that they are durable and work well in your climate. Also the handles make sure they are adjustable. If you and hubby are different heights then you can adjust it to make it comfortable for you. I used a umbrella stroller at my cousins and I gave up half way through our walk from slouching over the whole time pushing it. 
  • Options
    Dragging up older threads now that I'm thinking about this.

@runsomewhere @kissableviv I'm looking at the Chicco Bravo Trio system too! The one in Lillia is so cute with the polka dots. I hear there is a bit of a learning curve in terms of steering. Did you find that to be the case?
  • Options
    I am also going to probably be getting the Bravo. SIL is giving us a Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat and the guy at Buy Buy Baby told us that is the stroller that goes with it. Wondering how it is or if there are other options to fit that car seat.
  • Options
    I just bought a used stroller frame that’ll fit the car seat we plan on using for LO- so much smaller than the stroller that came with the travel system.. I wish I did this with my 1st! 
  • Options
    @nimmle the polka dot one is the one we got when we had DD. I did not have any issues with steering at all. I like the Chicco Bravo travel system, it's SO easy to fold with one hand, folds up small, it's pretty light weight  and steering is fine. However, as with any plastic wheel stroller it's a bumpy ride on anything other than perfectly smooth flat surfaces. Pushing the Bravo and pushing a Bob or Bugaboo is a world of difference. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere that makes sense
  • Options
    @nimmle I think we will end up getting the uppababy Cruz or Vista, my husband did not like the Bravo as it felt a little flimsy. We will however get the Chicco car seat and we already have a frame for it like @acunamatada mentioned (it was 8 months old and given to us for free!) so most likely we will just use that in the first few weeks. I initially didn't like the idea of having the bassinet insert(comes with the Vista) but now I am kinda liking the idea of having that option instead of constantly keep the baby in the car seat. here's also to say we don't really walk around much on a daily basis and I plan to baby wear if I can for short trips, for others at least in the first month we will be fine with the car seat+frame.

Someone in my prenatal class is also raving about the Diono system? Not sure if anyone has experience with it.
  • Options
    @moguippy we have the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat and are getting the (2016 model since it's cheaper) Baby Jogger City Select (with the appropriate car seat adapter) mostly because we need something that can be set up as a double stroller.  The Chicco car seat fits a lot of different strollers.  We have a Joovy stroller caddy/frame as a snap and go option for that car seat for quick trips and loved it with DS.  It's just not going to work with a toddler in tow also.  For longer shopping trips or for the zoo, walks, etc. I prefer a better quality stroller than the cheaper travel systems tend to be since I will be using it for years after they grow out of the infant car seat.      
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker