June 2018 Moms

Symptoms {March edition}

Re: Symptoms {March edition}

• Ugghh.. had swelling to feet, ankles, and lower legs for the first time today.  Uggh.

Back is feeling slightly better today but still hurts when I breath or move suddenly.  Icing and heat tonight and probably tylenol before bed again.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • +1 to the not knowing what body part is where. Even up to the end with DS, I was like, "something is poking me here," but I was never sure what it was. I have/had anterior placentas both times so I think definitely dulls the movement feelings overall. I'm so jealous of you ladies who feel LO all the time (but I'm sure that gets old...especially when you're trying the sleep!).

Also, it took until week 25 of my second pregnancy, but I recently had the unfortunate experience of the sneeze pee (what do you guys call it, sniss? did I make that up?). DH and I were out on a walk and I yelled, "I just peed!" because I was so shocked. The worst part was that I had to walk the mile home with wet undies which wasn't exactly comfortable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 that’s what I keep thinking. “I’ve got how many more weeks?” I took heart that my ticker hit double digit days until due date today. I’ll take whatever little encouragements I can right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • +1 for thinking that 11 more weeks feels like a long time. Things are so much harder physically this time around. I don’t know how I’m going to feel in another 6 weeks!
  • Swelling went down minimally over night.  Compression socks for me today.  I think my rings are going to have to come off too.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• +1 to feeling like my bump is really tight and stretched. I thought I was just bloated yesterday but this morning I woke up and it still feels like it so I think I'm just going through a growth spurt. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Wahhhhhhhh I just wanna sleep on my stomach! This SPD pain is something fierce at night when rolling over and my hips are aching too much to not need to roll over multiple times. Maybe I can sleep sitting up?! For real though, rolling over feels like my vagina/pelvis is ripping to shreds and may fall out. 
  • @amys614 I slept in a recliner for a good portion of my pregnancy with DS. I would not have been able to do that were I not pregnant, but I was so uncomfortable in bed, I was willing to do anything to sleep for even just a little bit.
  • @amys614 I have found a way to lie on stomach without lying on stomach!

Either in the bath OR I saw online some lady got an inner tube, tossed a sheet over it and lay on it so her belly was through the middle.
    I'm on a hunt for an inner tube because I tried - and failed - to MacGuiver my pillows last night
  • @sabby2 swelling has started for me this morning. Even my qalo ring feels a little tight today. 

Also a bit tmi but all I want in life is to be able to have a BM. My whole body agrees, I need it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• This round ligament stuff is such b.s *side eye*
    My lower abdomen was so achy last night. I figure it's probably baby pressing against pelvic area, since it was only an issue when I walk/stand.
    But my back .... dear gawd! Lower back kept me up a lot of the night, just trying to get comfortable where it didn't hurt.

I had MH massage 2 little spots mid-back before I went to bed. That hurt like a bitch but helped somewhat, it didn't feel like pulling if I moved my shoulder/arm too much.
  • @amphibious22 lol that's basically what I beg my body all day everyday anymore. I'm taking 2 Colace a day, increasing my fiber and water and still struggling. I feel like throwing a party when it does happen! I've decided its the toughest part of this all right now.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @amys614 rolling over, particularly right before bed is the worst. I feel like a turtle stuck on its back. DH just laughs and laughs. If y'all see me on the news I may have enacted some type of revenge/punishment plan for his inappropriate amusement. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @catlady1215 @Amphibious22 Have you ladies considered a stool in the bathroom to lift knees? I heard even not pregnant, it's easier on the body and recently started lifting my knees while in the bathroom. It helps. Takes a bit of time for your body to realize "oh this is a thing!" but it does work
  • Sometimes at night I'll spend a little time sleeping on my back because that's how I used to sleep all the time. However, recently, anytime I roll onto my back, I have to pee so bad! Last night I must have gotten up 10 times to pee just from rolling from my left to my right side and vice versa. So uncool!

Also, looking for suggestions to help with a situation in the spoiler. It is a little TMI (re: poop), so hiding in case anyone doesn't want to deal with it.

Is anyone else having trouble wiping their butt after a poop??? I can barely reach back there anymore and I know I won't be able to when I get bigger. What is the solution?? I'm a reach between my legs from the front girl, not a reach around the back girl - do I need to switch?? Thanks for any advice anyone has. I'm getting worried.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger @catlady1215 @Amphibious22 we have a squatty potty, and IDK if it helps me (constipation is fortunately something I have never suffered from), but it does help DH. That said, I will say that I use it now, and BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU PEE! lol 
  • starla487 - speaking of pressure systems- watch out for this around your due date too.  They definitely send women into labor.  My L&D nurse friend said L&D is PACKED when there is a pressure system moving in.
  • @kmurdock925 that's so interesting! I would really like a slow L&D floor when my time comes so I have better odds at a private room lol. PLS NO PRESSURE SYSTEMS!!  :p
  • @LaceyBee522 I'm a reach around the back person but even that is getting hard. My only suggestion would be one of those bidet's that attach to the toilet or maybe standing up and using a wipe?
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @MissKittyDanger @doxiemoxie212 I have tried propping up on like a new pack of toilet paper and it sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. Luckily constipation comes and goes for me, but it's here now. 

@LaceyBee522 I have always been an around the back girl (didn't know there were other options) and it's still very doable for me, so maybe give it a try? If it doesn't work, maybe a bidet? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @doxiemoxie212 I've debated on getting one of those {BIL swears by it lmao}, but at the same time I know there will be a point we'll probably have to get a stool for LO when she brushes her teeth
  • doxiemoxie212  - right???  I never would have even thought of pressure systems and going into labor having any kind of relation until she told me that...and sure enough- L&D was PACKED when I went and there was a system coming through. 

I forget, with the private rooms for you- did you say you're on a waiting list to be preferred for one or is it 100% first come first serve?

• @kmurdock925 there's a waiting list that I cannot join until baby is born. So as soon as I give birth, DH will have to sprint to the front desk to get me on the list. And then, if I am so lucky to be able to get a private room, I get to pay $400/night OOP (insurance does not cover it) for it. Yay! :)  ($400/night is cheap among NYC hospitals; most are literally $1000.)
  • @misskittydanger I actually use DS' stool.  I've also struggled with hemorrhoids for years. so whether I use it, all depends on how that little guy feels at the moment (cause of pressure etc etc) lol. And cause of that, I can't sit and 'wait' long or else it makes that worse. so much fun!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @doxiemoxie212 Dayum, your private room is cheap! It is $850 to $1200 per night at New York Presbyterian. We are going to try to get one, but MH is not happy about the cost.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @catlady1215 Ah makes sense :( how uncomfortable! Tearing and hemorrhoids are prob the 2 things I hope don't happen :\ Hopefully your body decides to comply soon and you get relief
  • Amphibious22Amphibious22 member
    edited March 2018
    Idk if this is even pregnancy related, but I feel super jittery today. Like my heart is beating too fast or something. I'm a little shaky too. Trying to drink lots of water to see if it helps, but has anyone else had days like this? 

Edit: autocorrect problems
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I have! Lots of water, eat something and Gatorade has also seemed to help with the jitters!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 - BARF!  I must have read your previous posts wrong or just completely forgotten.  Good thing you live close...tell your hubs to start practicing his run to L&D to start your check in process, haha.  Train early, train hard, hahaha
  • @Amphibious22 I get that way sometimes. Sometimes it's anxiety, sometimes it's just coffee reacting weird.
    Drink water and like @aharv77 suggested, eating helps.
    Take a moment to focus on breathing as well
  • @Amphibious22 yes! Sometimes I feel so crappy, I take my blood sugar with a machine I just have laying around here thinking it's super low or something. Nope it's fine. I take my heart medicine so it's not my usual heart racing. My knees get wobbly, I feel shakey, sometimes a little sweaty or nauseous and fast heart beat. I usually chug a bunch of water, eat something and take deep breaths and it goes away within 30 min. No idea wth it is though. Its happened to me a few times. 
  • @kmurdock925 no no, I can’t get on the waitlist until she’s OUT OF MY BODY. Ain’t nobody care when I go into labor. Baby girl has got to be an outside baby before I get to join the waitlist. 

@LaceyBee522 are you doing ny pres Columbia? If so, they apparently are switching to 100% private rooms. And they’re right by the only level 4 nicu (Morgan Stanley children’s) in the city, which hopefully isn’t necesssry for either of us. 
  • doxiemoxie212 - omg how did I read that wrong, lol.  I've been doing that all day.  Yeah so there is no way to try and gain an advantage in this situation other than just hope that it isn't busy.  Blurgh.
  • @doxiemoxie212 No, I'm at Weill Cornell on the east side. My hospital is such an old building, I feel like I'll be lucky to even have wifi during my stay...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @laceybee522 have you done your hospital tour yet? We did ours a few months ago. We're at Weill Cornell/NY Pres downtown. Old old old. Where are these bright, shiny hospitals in the doctor shows?? lol You actually can find out how bad the wifi is from the NYC-specific What to Expect forum. It's actually pretty good info if you search hospital by hospital lol. More rainbows and glitter than I'd prefer, but plenty keep it rull real too (but like anything in NYC, it seems like half the population thinks something is OMG THE BEST and half think its OMG THE WORST so, yano, grains of salt).
  • This week (26) bending down has become quite difficult as well. Also the baby has been super active aka a ninja during the day which makes me feel super sore and tired by night.
  • Most of my symptoms are pretty mild and ones a lot you guys are suffering from too (i.e. headaches, tiredness, insomnia, a little heart burn).

In the last week, I've gotten some weird back pain. It's not like a normal ache from carrying more weight in front, but like a sharp pain in the lower spine that makes it hard to walk or move. I liken it to when you turn your head a weird way and tweak your neck...I guess it's kind of the same thing, just like I tweaked my spine but I've never experienced that before. Does that even make sense? After I stretch for a few seconds, my back pops and it feels better. I guess it could be from a difference in posture or sleep positions...I'm not surr but it's weird and I don't like it  :s lol