October 2018 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In week of 3/12

Please note: This check-in is for those Oct moms who have participated recently on the TTGP board, i.e. leading up to this pregnancy.  If you did not participate on TTGP, members may ask you who you are and/or wonder if you're lost.  Please don't take offense.  There will literally be a million check-ins once the board gets going - no one is expected to participate in them all. ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In week of 3/12

• Options
    Stole this from September but I know there seem to be a ton of us in October and I haven’t seen this thread pop up yet so we could all be in one place!

How far along are you? 8w 2d (but I have a feeling this may change after my first U/S)

How are you feeling? Pretty good - a little nausea, slightly sore breasts, mainly just super tired and going to bed by 8-8:30 most nights! The lack of symptoms is concerning but I had way less symptoms with DS than with DD so maybe it just gets easier each time?

Any recent/upcoming appointments? I have my first U/S on Thursday which I am anxiously awaiting and I had my first midwife appointment today which was just intake info.

Rants/Raves? I still can’t believe I actually got to move to a BMB and I miss the community on TTGP - this board is so different!

Questions? Not this week!

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Just my mom (who was at our house when I took the test) and my sister (who got pretend mad at me last time for not telling her first so I made a point of telling her right away this time!). And DH told his boss because they were discussing holiday time for the rest of the year and DH mentioned he’d need a week or two in October which is normally a blackout period for vacation time. Other than that we are waiting until after the ultrasound so we know everything is ok and viable for the time being. Planning on telling our kids and then DHs family at Easter and everyone else after that as we see them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Awww, I forgot they did these!

How far along are you? 10 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Pretty good TBH. Minimal nausea at this point. My boobs are getting fairly big (-ger yea!!!! I have IBTT's, so going from an A to a B is exciting) and I have a lovely blump named 'pasta'.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? First OB appt on Wednesday

Rants/Raves? I am just happy. My husband has been taking such good care of me and pampering me like crazy. Its been lovely.

Questions?

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Literally everyone- since we were so open with our IVF journey it seemed weird to go radio silent for 3 months, so at 7 weeks we started telling family and friends and at 9 weeks (after our third ultrasound) we announced
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w6d

How are you feeling? Well, around 10 weeks I switched from feeling like death to feeling awful so I think that’s good?

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Not this week, my next appointment is 3/20. 

Rants/Raves?
    Rant: DS is going through a TERRIBLE two phase that involves him screaming like we are killing him when we want to get him dressed in the morning. It’s...lovely...
    Rave: My little sister sent me a gift card to Motherhood for my birthday! Yay!

Questions? Nope

Mom, Dad, Sisters, MIL, BFFs and few people at work. It’s probbaly getting around work. Idk. I afraid to tell my daycare and my two close friends with kids, idk why. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks

How are you feeling? Not great. I’ve thrown up pretty much everything I’ve eaten today. I’m trying to see the silver lining and hope that this means everything is good with baby. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? First ultrasound tomorrow!

Rants/Raves? I actually vacuumed my house today! And I finished all of my homework for my online classes this week and it’s only Monday. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Everyone who knew about us doing IVF: my parents and brother, my closest friends, and a couple of people at work. And we told my in-laws because if they found out someone else knew before them they’d throw a fit. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    How far along are you? 8w1d

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Tired, but I have only experience minor nausea, the occasional headache, and some constipation.

Yup! Tomorrow we have our first appointment...very excited and anxious to see how everything is going.
    Rants/Raves? Just a rave that tomorrow is finally our appointment day! I feel like it has taken forever!

Questions? None today

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? We have told our parents and siblings, and I told my best friend. We will tell the rest of our family tomorrow as long as our appointment goes well.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @elothair I miss the TTGP board too (although I love the reason I’m here :))! I’m trying to get used to this BMB. Maybe I will feel more comfortable being more active after my appointment tomorrow. 

@kiwi2628 I feel the same way about the boobs getting bigger...I’ve finally started to actually fill my A cups so that’s exciting! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you? 
    10+4

How are you feeling?
    Good in the sense that I'm reassured things are going well with this pregnancy. Bad in that my headaxhes/fatigue/nausea seem to have stepped it up a notch. I keep waiting for them to start subsiding!

ETA: missed this one! We're clear until 3/28, which is sort of nerve wracking but also nice after the start we had.

Rants/Raves?
    My only rant right now is my delivery hospital... my original plan got chucked out the window after all of this IF stuff and I decided to stick with my RE and OB's practice. They deliver at 2 hospitals, so I went through and picked one, then thought I better double check my insurance. Yeah. Well. While my insurance covers some of the hospitals in that line, it doesn't cover that particular location, so I have no choice. I have to deliver at the other hospital, which is over 30 miles from my house and leaves me driving right past a really high quality hospital to get there. I'll get over it, but I'm annoyed.

Questions?
    Nope.

Our parents/immediate families and a couple close friends knew about the IVF, so they all know. I've told 2 close friends that didn't know about the IVF but knew we were having issues. H has told approximately....everyone...up to and including the random people calling about buying this truck he's selling. What can you do, I'd be more annoyed, but it's sort of cute. The only person at work who knows is my boss, but he's known since we were in early IVF because he was working on getting me to switch jobs mid-IVF. It's a long story, but he succeeded.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    How far along are you? 9 weeks tomorrow

How are you feeling? not as terrible as i have felt.  I feel nauseous every waking moment, but never actually get sick.  It's like the worst hangover I've every had only it never ends

Any recent/upcoming appointments? I meet with the OB next Wednesday.  It will be nice to hear the heartbeat, as i am filled with anxiety

Rants/Raves? It is getting harder to hide at work.  I am gaining way more weight this time around, and it is easy to spot, so i think some people at work are already suspicious.  My toddler is also being a real you know what lately, and i just lost it this morning and cried in a ball on the floor while a screaming toddler kicked me.  So yeah, life is great right now....

Questions? 

GTKY:  Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? absolutely no one.  I have too many friends right now struggling with where they are in life (including infertility) and i just feel like it's not happy for any one but me, so i should keep it to myself.  Also my mom is insane.  That's why it's so nice to have you all :)

@spartan4life - good luck tomorrow!  :)
    edit - i meant to tag good luck to everyone with appointments this week!  @elothair @kiwi2628 @shortstack930  i'm sorry, i'm pregnant and bumping is hard.  Thinking of everyone this week, and cant wait to hear all the good updates!
  • Options
    I just wanted to pop in and say I'm so happy to see so many familiar names on this board. I haven't been on/posting much, but I have been lurking and following along!