October 2018 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 3/11

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 3/11

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    9 weeks baby. Little thing is the size of a cherry. Now I want a cherry coke. 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Barfalicious. Exhausted and very pissed off all the time. 
    I meet with my MFM on Thursday to confirm loss of twin. I’m holding out hope but know it’s a lost cause. I’ve already bought chocolate covered gummy bears to wallow afterwards. 
    Rant: husband is a real douche lately. He won’t stop complaining that I basically suck right now. He’s not wrong but it’s annoying still the same. Rave: I told my kids and they are through the moon excited. 
    5. If you weren't in your current profession, what would you be doing?
    Right now I’m a fitness instructor and it’s freaking amazing. I kind of fell into this position and am so thankful I did. If I were something else it would be a baker. I love to bake and hate helpers in the kitchen. 

9 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    Soooo tired, but the nausea is mostly gone!

First OB appointment on Tuesday. I work with my OB so it should be interesting... and hopefully not super awkward.  

Can’t think of anything

I love my job! I’m a labour and delivery nurse, but if I was something else it would probably be a veterinarian. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    10 weeks and the size of a strawberry 

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Different little pains and boobs are super tender. 

No

I think reality is hitting DH more as yesterday he offered to get me food (from the kitchen) as I said nothing sounded good and I normally make dinner because I work from home. 

Other than a SAHM I don't know. I work from home so I still need to do some work most days for my job. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 weeks! Today baby is the size of a chocolate truffle or strawberry as the apps says

2. How are you feeling?
    tired, sore, constipated, (tmi I know) irritable most of the time, trying to stay positive and happy though!

No.. had to reschedule appt for Friday to next Thursday.

Rant: it's probably just the hormones but I have been getting so irritated with DH lately. All he wants to do is touch me and feel me and have sex and I just want space and to not be touched all the time and I feel like he can't respect that when I ask him to not touch me so it's frustrating.. 

if I could do something outdoors that would be nice but I've never had a set profession I've always wanted to do so I'm pretty happy in my field of work as is(: 
  • mesamyt said:
    Rant: husband is a real douche lately. He won’t stop complaining that I basically suck right now. He’s not wrong but it’s annoying still the same. 

I could have written this about myself and my H. It’s like salt on a wound honestly.
    8 weeks and a raspberry I think? 

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good, I started on the b6 and unisom combo and it is for sure helping mask the nausea.  I can't imagine how I would feel without it.  

First appointment was last week and the next one isn't until April 4th. 

When does everyone plan on telling their boss? Fall is a pretty busy time of year for us (Mostly September and October) and she made a comment at our last meeting like "remember, nothing extra this fall!"  She said it jokingly, but I'm still afraid to tell her for some reason. 

I currently have a Master's in Social Work and am in the system development world.  I originally thought about going to school for nursing instead, so I might have been doing that. Or with my current schooling, I would probably be in mental health. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 9w 2 days, size of a cherry!

2. How are you feeling? Started Unisom so feeling less barfy than I have been for the past month, which is great!

3. Any appointments this week? nope, not until next week

4. Rants/raves/questions? Rant: I hate being tired all the time. I know I'm growing a baby and this will pass, but I still feel useless when I nap.

I made a career switch last year from a Technical Editor for satellite proposals to a Planning Operations Rep where I do corporate employee morale events for the employees at my company. I get to plan BBQs, socials, our booth/activity for Take Your Child to Work Day, etc. I love it and am so happy I made the switch.

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• I see a ticker change post for Sunday and Monday. Are we supposed to only be in a group on the day we switch from one week to the next? Can someone explain the ticker change to me? I've tried searching and googling but I may not be using the right words to get my question answered.

• kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited March 2018
    @sarahzett Ticker changes are for the day of the week where you roll over, like from 8 weeks and 6 days to 9 weeks, or 7 weeks and 6 days to 8 weeks, or whatever. It's the day you personally roll over into a new pregnancy week. For all of us in this thread, we roll over on a Monday. Today (Monday) everyone here is a n + 0, where n is weeks pregnant (7, 8, 9 or 10) and 0 means that we are n weeks and 0 days pregnant. For me, I am 10 weeks and 0 days pregnant. Tomorrow, everyone in this ticker will be n +1. Tomorrow a new Tuesday ticker change will be made for people who change/rollover on Tuesdays. 
  • @kiwi443 wait now I'm lost. Did you mean that everyone in this thread rolls over on a Sunday?
  • sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited March 2018
    @sarahzett - you join the one for the day your "new week" starts. For me, it's on Fridays. So if you're 9w2d today (Monday), you'd want to be on the Saturday ticker change post. We JUST decided to do these on Saturday, so the Sunday was the first one we posted :).

ETA: Apparently Kiwi beat me to this ;)
  • @chopchop25 yes everyone on this post should have their ticker or when you log into the bump app and the fruit changes - like others were saying when you go to a from xWeeks and so many days to just 9 weeks or 10 weeks... I am in this group because yesterday I went to 10 weeks. Today I am 10w1d. hope that helps! If you are say 8 weeks and 6 days today you would be in the Tuesday group as on Tuesday you would switch to 9 weeks!
  • @SweetSweetTooth thanks, I got that part, I was just confused bc she said Monday...
  • @bel194 I'm 7wks and was going to bring it up today with just the partners in my dept (small dept in big law firm) except I started spotting and freaked out. So maybe next wk.  I need the partners to know I can't be pounding the caffeine and pulling all nighters anymore, and can't wait until I get to 2T to bring it up I don't think. FWIW, I plan to mention it in a way of discussing deal staffing and year end needs and try to make it so that it is about me being a team player (and I honestly do plan to come back after I deliver) and not about needing special concessions. But we'll see how it goes, fully prepared for no uterus = no clue how to react :)  
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  flipped to 7 wks this Sun, m&m!

2. How are you feeling?  nervous due to some spotting, exhausted, nauseous.

3. Any appointments this week? ultrasound today (mon) to confirm all OK due to spotting - so far it is.

4. Rants/raves/questions?  rant = I feel like I need the most support from work now in 1T yet we're not supposed to tell until 2T and I really don't want to get pulled off my deals yet ... so I guess I also just hate everything with a penis right now.

I actually like being a lawyer, but if I wasn't in current profession and money wasn't an issue, perpetual student and world traveler. A lady of leisure.

Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • @kiwi2628 @sammierose464 - thanks ladies! I'll keep an eye out for the Saturday one this week and start posting in the right ticker group :)

• @chopchop25 oh god, I thought this was posted in Monday. So yes, it would be Sunday for this group. I am gonna blame DST.
  • @kiwi2628 haha I just figured I had lost my mind and was missing something. I fought with H for like 30 min the other day on DST convinced I was right (I had translated in my brain that springing forward somehow meant that 6:30pm was now 5:30pm...the opposite) and getting mad because he was laughing at my stubbornness. I just figured my brain was malfunctioning again.
  • It’s days like DLS that make me thankful I live in Arizona. 
  • We should just get rid of it. What’s the point now? 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  9 weeks on Sunday. Baby is the size of a soda can tab, apparently. 

2. How are you feeling?  Starting to feel better. I finally was able to get back to the gym. Most nights I'm just too tired or hungry after work. I'm hoping to get up to my usual 4 nights a week there. 

3. Any appointments this week? Nothing this week. I need to schedule my NIPT screening for chromosomal disorders before my next appointment in mid-April. 

4. Rants/raves/questions?  We have been incredibly busy at work, and I find myself spacing out and not being able to focus. I'm mostly getting frustrated with myself for making stupid mistaskes. I'm wondering if I should tell my boss yet. Performance reviews are coming...

I'm a product designer, and I've done a bit of fine arts in college. I think if I didn't have to worry about a weekly paycheck, I'd just want to work in a studio all day painting and drawing.