July 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Check In 3/13

Welcome to another week ladies!

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any questions/concerns/news?

What positives are you seeing with your pregnancy today?

GTKY: What are your plans for decorating the nursery? Theme, modern vs traditional, second-hand, hand-made, etc. Feel free to post photos :)

Re: High Risk Check In 3/13

• Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks 3 days, since my due date changed to June 24th. 

Why are you high-risk? Insulin dependant type 2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, von willebrands blood disorder.

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I have another anatomy scan on Friday because at my first one the baby didn't cooperate enough to get any clear pictures. 

My doctors office finally told me where I'm delivering and scheduled me for an appointment to register with the hospital.
    What positives are you seeing with your pregnancy today? Baby is moving!!!

GTKY: What are your plans for decorating the nursery? Theme, modern vs traditional, second-hand, hand-made, etc. Feel free to post photos  Most likely won't have a traditional nursery. I will set up his nursery area in my room and probably have a neutral theme with a mixture of second-hand items and some purchased. Working with a small space will be fun, lots of organizing involved.
  • Options

How far along are you?

22 weeks! 
    Why are you high-risk?
    Twins with one placenta 
    Ultrasound next week and Ob In two weeks 
    I thought I was going down to ultrasounds once a month but they’re continuing to be bi weekly. The twins look great thankfully. 
    I’ve made it this far! I’m already uncomfortable but can sleep pretty well. 
    GTKY: What are your plans for decorating the nursery? Fairytale theme with light colors 
    @hayhay93 good luck at your second anatomy scan! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    22 weeks!

Why are you high-risk?
    Preterm labour with shortening/dilating cervix at 21 weeks, hyperemesis, history of preterm labour/abruption/preeclampsia 

OB follow up

Looking forward to getting a plan in place to getting us to viability

Less pressure today and lots of movement 

GTKY: What are your plans for decorating the nursery? Theme, modern vs traditional, second-hand, hand-made, etc. Feel free to post photos 
    Havent given it much thought yet... maybe woodland or Dino themed
  • Options

How far along are you?
    24 weeks, Team Green

Why are you high-risk? 
    baby has mild bilateral hydronephrosis (fluid in the kidneys). We go back to MFM at 32 weeks to reassess.

I go back to midwife next week to discuss the MFM ultrasound at 23 weeks.

It's just kind of a waiting game with this diagnosis. All the doctors are just hoping it goes away and honestly we get referred to a pediatric urologist when the baby is born so the MFM didn't have much to tell us.

Nursery is pretty much done and we've been making a lot of progress on the house. DH finished a tiling job on our entryway. We have someone coming to give us a quote for the back splash and I only have two rooms left that need paint on the trim. I do need to pick out a color for the bathroom... but DH will paint that. DH doesn't say no to me when I am pregnant and I want something, so I have been nesting hardcore. I am using that extra money in my check that will soon go to daycare lol.

GTKY: What are your plans for decorating the nursery? Theme, modern vs traditional, second-hand, hand-made, etc. Feel free to post photos 

here is a picture of the nursery. I still need to organize some stuff and paint the stencil on the wall, but then I am done. Ignore the lack of lamp shade lol I need to pick one up.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    24 weeks

Why are you high-risk? 
    large SCH

I had to get a NIPT this week. MFM saw some soft markers so she had me take the test to either rule out or to rule it in (not rule it in, but the actual phrase has left my mind and for the life of me I cannot think of what it is supposed to be).

It's not better, but it's not worse. Not worse is good in my book :)

Made it to 24 weeks! Just need to keep going easy which some days is tough with two toddlers at home.

We just rotate the kids out of the nursery. So it's the same as it was with my first born. Here's a corner of the room when we first did it. I changed out some of the pictures when I had my DD, and we have a new chair there now. I wish it still looked this clean haha

babyhudson-001jpg
  • Options
    @Kat8989 My babies both showed signs of mild excess fluid in kidneys as well. That was at my 20 week ultrasound. At my 24 week they showed very normal amounts of fluid and so my MFM is no longer worried. I hope this is the case for you as well.