June 2018 Moms

Symptoms {March edition}

Re: Symptoms {March edition}

• @izza2 Damn! That's my default of reflux lol Are you allowed pepto while pregnant? Might be good for coating also :\
  • @Amphibious22 I can feel my baby flip from breech to not breech (occipital?) like once every hour? But I don’t really know which is which, just that she’s flipping because it’s an extremely weird/noticeable feeling every time it happens lol. You don’t have to worry about it AT ALL until 34 weeks, and even then probs not until 36 weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • izza2izza2 member
    @Amphibious22 - My a/s ultrasound had LO in a transverse position. I think he's back to breech, though, because I can feel his kicks/movements at the bottom of my uterus. I'm not too concerned right now, but figure once I'm at 30 weeks I'll start trying to get him to move.
    He'll probably end up stubborn like me and do whatever he wants though. *sigh*

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Pretry sure my baby is still breech.  Although I feel strong movement all over so hard to tell for sure.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 I can't quite tell where he is right now.  I know he was breech at my anatomy scan, but other than that things are all over the place.  With DD, i had biweekly MFM scans, then weekly, so it was easy to keep track that she was breech, but my OB office didn't make it to be a big deal until 32 weeks i think.  And then it wasn't even a big deal - it was the midwife thinking she had turned, and me telling her she hadn't, and then her making me go to the ancient machine to check, and thus proving she was still breech.  This happened 3 separate times haha I think i scheduled my c-section at week 34 or 36, and from then, my OB said I would definitely know if she had flipped or not.  I elected not to do the ECV because of my complications, and thus DD was born via c section.  

Sorry that got longer than intended.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought DS2 was still transverse, but the u/s Friday showed he was head down. I still only feel movement very low down, seldom above my belly button, but I am pretty certain I felt when he transitioned about two weeks ago. 
  • I have no idea what my LO is doing in there. I can't tell a foot from their head. I'm assuming at some point I might be able to distinguish that but I'm only 26+2 so that could be a number of weeks yet. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @MissKittyDanger @izza2 no pepto when pregnant, it has an aspirin family member in it that can cause premature closure of ductus arteriosus. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 damn I feel like your baby moves more than any other baby I've ever heard of! Olympics 2038? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• bearmoons said:
    @MissKittyDanger @izza2 no pepto when pregnant, it has an aspirin family member in it that can cause premature closure of ductus arteriosus. 
    damn. didn't know!
  • izza2izza2 member
    @bearmoons - Thank you - I wasn't planning on taking Pepto, though, because it makes me throw up. :smile:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I'm so jealous of you ladies who can tell what is what with your babies.  Kicking has been quiet for me the past couple of days, compared to last week where it felt like it was a party in my uterus.  I was concerned for a bit as I didn't feel anything but every now and then I can feel little kicks low down.  She must have changed positions but I have no clue in what way.  
  • @becca_123 I'm with you on not being able to tell which way DS is situated. I've been feeling a lot of movement but I'll feel it both higher up toward the left side of my rib cage and then down low across my lower abdomen and then sometimes smack in the middle of my belly. I can't tell if he's using hands or feet or head or butt though!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also can't tell orientation, just movements all around - high, low, sideways, usually depending on my own position/gravity!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 it's absolutely insane. Like kick counts that say 10 movements in an hour? Try 10 movements in a minute. I've started poking her back when it gets really aggressive because OMG YOU CAN CALM DOWN A LITTLE. Maybe she'll calm down as she runs out of room...?  :#

(I know, I know, I shouldn't complain...)
  • For kick counting, I'll share what I did in case it helps someone who thinks more like I do. I just opened a new page in my notes app for every day and recorded the time when I felt movement. If I felt more in a minute I'd put x2 or something. It was really helpful for me to do it this way because often I wouldn't realize how often or how long it had been. My brain would note an absence and I would start to panic, but then I'd look back at the notes and see that nope, I was getting the kicks I needed in the time frame. I still keep those notes on my phone because they make me smile to look back. 

They'd look like this: 

Baby Movements 3/13/18 
    6:30
    7:02
    7:06
    7:12 
    7:16?
    7:20
    7:22 (and so on)

I'd also make notes of when I had a meal and took a nap to see how that impacted the movement. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen that sheet is really helpful. Thanks for sharing! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @amphibious22 mine is breech (or was as of Friday). It's not a big deal now. Most babies flip between 30-32 weeks and they expect to see babies' head down by 36 weeks.  There are positions on the website spinning babies that are recommended around 30 weeks if the baby is breech.
  • This LO is all over the place. I’m pretty sure he flips from breech to head down several times a day. He seriously beats me up from the inside most of the day. 

@doxiemoxie212 Are you getting big bumps pop out like a foot or elbow trying to push its way out? 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 yeah, I can see them moving around. I can even see hands sometimes which are more tickley. But it's rarely like, one elbow or one foot. It's like ALL FOUR LIMBS AT ONCE in 4 completely disparate areas of my belly just going to town as if she's throwing a tantrum, punching and kicking (then usually she flips, and I can feel the feet sort of clawing their way round and then a big butt or head stick out and flip around). Hysterical until she hits bladder, cervix or rib. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 That’s wild that you can see all four limbs at once.

I took to kids to the the zoo today and now I can hardly walk. My right hip is pissed from all the walking and holding the kids. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @catlady1215 that's crazy but promising. I had no idea they had the space to flip that late in the game. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 No problem! I mentioned it since I'm also a FTM and sometimes anxious during the day when things feel too quiet. That sheet really reassured me, especially where it says they move less during the day. Yesterday was a party in there, but some days bub is definitely very chill. I even asked my doc and she said not to worry about 10 times per hour, every hour!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marcus7676 Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to order a whole new mattress (instead of the topper) from that site last night! Should be arriving on Thursday. Their returns policy is too good. Fingers crossed so hard that it'll be exactly what my poor hips need.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen I hope so! It definitely helped me, but wasn’t a cure. My husband thought the topper was great. We ended up buying a new mattress a year later (Leesa) and I still have hip problems! 
  • @sabby2 I'll maybe suggest that if it keeps up. I'm trying not to eat at east 2 hours before I go to bed and to stay away from spicy food (which I love). 

@MissKittyDanger I was told to minimise chocolate (not that I eat it much anyway) and milk (which I drink a lot of) are reflux triggers. 

I hope we all find some relief from it soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy headache! I was awake with a pounding headache at 4 am which has persisted all day. I've tried all my headache hacks - food, lots of water, Tylenol followed by caffeine, not wearing glasses, wearing glasses. Anyone else experiencing all day long headaches? Thinking about giving the nurse's line a call to see what else I can do. I'm on the struggle bus!
  • @aharv77 I've noticed that I get neverending headaches a day or two after I don't drink enough water.  Then it takes chugging water for a day+ to make the headache go away.  Sorry you are dealing with this, headaches suck (and I seem to have one a week now too).
  • @aharv77 I was having them daily for about a month back in January! Still do once in a while but not nearly as often. My OB said it was most likely from all the changes in posture as baby gets bigger. Heat and massaging the neck are the most helpful. If a warm pack doesn’t cut it, standing with my head and neck under a warm shower usually gives me some relief. GL!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pretty sure it's baby's head because last u/s {last week} she was head down, but urg .... I would call it pressure in my friggen pelvic area. Lower abdomen.

Only when I stand too fast and sometimes when I walk.

Move kid. Lol *baby kicks* Yeh .... not what I'm meant LMAO
  • @marcus7676 Hmm! Monday I was a little light on my water intake. I wonder if that has anything to do with it!
    @2589 I hear a hot shower calling my name when I get home!

I did call the nurses line. She suggested Excedrin Migraine or 1,000mg of magnesium. I know some other ladies had suggested that on the board in our earlier days. I'm thinking I'll give that a shot too!

• @aharv77 Is it slated to rain soon where you are? My H and I get awful headaches with the weather pressure is changing. Literally nothing helps until it actually starts downpouring.

Also, how is your blood pressure? Bad headaches can be a starting symptom of Pre-e. I usually got asked about headaches during my NSTs last time.
  • @starla487 No rain in the forecast here! I googled pre-e symptoms but headache is really the only one I have right now that's physical (no swelling, nausea, rapid weight gain, etc.). But I haven't checked BP yet today. I'll have to check it on my monitor when I get home. 
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited March 2018
    @aharv77 they said excedrin migraine? Never knew that could be recommended. I will say that that was go to before pregnancy.... 9 times out of 10 it worked! Hope it helps!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 Yes! Nurse checked with my OB and called me back to tell me I could take that or try the magnesium. I was surprised. 
  • Having a day where I'm really not feeling pregnancy. I just feel over-stuffed, tired, achy, uncomfortable, and my crotch is killing me. Earlier DS kept wanting to sit next to me on the couch and throw himself against me over and over, inside baby was uncomfortably freaking out from him doing this. I'm just living in survival mode for this day. Pregnancy #2 is definitely harder for me than #1 was.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @austenista +1 to your post. I don't know if it's cause I'm older now or cause I have another small human to care for on top of the pregnancy... but it's been harder. More uncomfortable than I remember. And my digestive tract is a mess which really screws with me.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Austenista I am a FTM but having an overstuffed day. My skin just feels stretched beyond capacity, and I don’t feel like there’s any more room in my body, and baby keeps kicking the shit out of my ribs. ....but 12 more weeks??