October 2018 Moms
Options

Low Impact Workouts

Hi all! I am currently expecting my second child. With my first, I was able to workout and maintain the same intensity that I had been used to. I truly believe being active helped my labor, delivery, and overall mood throughout my pregnancy. This time around I am working full-time, have a toddler and find it nearly impossible to pee with the door closed, let alone find time to go for a run. With that being said, because my body hasn't gone through an intense workout in almost a year, I am looking for low impact workouts to help maintain my sanity and health throughout this pregnancy without shocking my body or raising my heartbeat to an unsafe level. Does anyone have any ideas? What are you currently doing at home? Thanks in advance!

Re: Low Impact Workouts

• Options
    Yoga! Truth be told, I haven’t started back up yet because the nausea has been awful, but that’s my plan.
  • Options
    Try some yoga. I have been running and doing orange theory for the past year so am continuing that for as long as I can. Once I get too big I will go to cycling more and prenatal yoga. If you have light weights you can use those also. As long as you can converse your heart rate is good (thats what my doc told me anyway) Try pinterest do some prenatal excercises. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prenatal exercises!  Yoga is amazing. Taking toddler for a brisk walk. I have the workouts from AlexaJean and I love to get them in early in the morning before symptoms kill me the rest of the day. 
  • Options
    Prenatal yoga, walking, elliptical, weights (just lower the weight), general stretching. Stretching is so underrated. 
  • Options
    Depends what you have access to. Yoga is great and you can find some great, free videos in YouTube to start. I have been walking/light jogging everyday and it’s been great. I don’t do anything that gets me cramping but I try to get at least a mile or mile and a half in (I'm a teacher so by the end of the day I’ve gottwn between 7,000 and 10,000 steps. That mile in the am is a great way to start to the day). I also lift some light ten pound weights and do some squats along with the weights. Again, light but it’s something. I didn’t exercise with DD because my previous pregnancy was a loss and I was paranoid. This time around I’ve been pretty active and doing races since DD was born so I’d like to maintain that, albeit modified. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lap swimming! It's amazing for pregnancy, no stress on joints!
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Check out Jillian Michaels Hot Body, Healthy Mommy.  It’s meant for post baby but low impact, involves free weights and is only 20 mins.  I was using it trying to get back into the workout habit before this pregnancy and once I’m feeling better I’m going to start again. 
  • Options
    If you have access to a pool swimming is amazing. I swam with a close friend throughout her pregnancy and by the end she also appreciated how light she felt.