November 2018 Moms
Options

Twins? 5 week ultrasound

Sooo I had an ultrasound today at 5w3d and I swear I saw 2 sacs (this is my third pregnancy). She nonchalantly glossed over seeing both at same time twice, but didn’t say anything. Then a nurse in the room started to say something and tech said something along the lines of “not yet”. They only saw the sac(s). I didn’t ask even though I wanted to! I will have another ultrasound at 7 weeks to make sure everything is progressing. I read that they really can’t confirm twins until 6 weeks bc of vanishing twin, etc. Any thoughts? Anyone else in this boat at 5 weeks?!

Re: Twins? 5 week ultrasound

• Options
    No experience with twins but if it were me I would just ask for clarification. I don’t think the medical staff has the right to withhold information from you that you want to know, and certainly not to lie to you. So if you want to know if there were two sacs and if that means twins, I’d just call and ask. 

• Options
    No ultrasound for me until 8 weeks but that's exciting!  I would be losing my mind and asking for information, though... are you going to call back and ask?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Makes sense.  Keep us updated! :grin:
    Pregnancy Ticker