June 2018 Moms

Randomly Randoms {3/12}

getcha chit chat here!
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Randomly Randoms {3/12}

• @stephcat421 how is that possible??? 
    *TW LC*

• Loading the player...
  • stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited March 2018
    @krashke I know crazy long shelf life. I've emailed them about this and it's got to do with their pasteurization process, how it's "cold filtered" so it doesn't spoil as quickly. I swear I'm not imagining it :D
  • I feel like I would be obsessively smelling that milk to make sure it's not spoiled... haha
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @stephcat421 I had the same thought with something in my fridge last week. maybe it was the single slices of cheese? can't remember.. but either way, it was after baby will be here!

also! I was like ohgosh, the next bachelorette starts like the day i'll be coming home from the hospital!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I've been trying to start the new weekly threads but giphy isn't working for me!  :s
    *TW LC*

• @sabby2 I should have said, shelf life remains until open, then it expires in 2 weeks! But, it never lasts that long!  <3 my fairlife!
  • @catlady1215 love to see perishables expiring after due dates! Also, I didn't catch date for the bachlorette premiere, when is it?! 
  • Banana bread is on my list of things to do today. I bought a bunch of bananas specifically for it and they're finally brown. But... I just realized I forgot walnuts... oh man.. 
  • @krashke I was about to do it earlier but giphy was loading like sh*t for me too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephcat421 believe they said May 28th, which is memorial day!
  • Am I the only one who is not super excited to have a summer baby? Just because of heat reasons. It was 120F multiple days here last summer and I'm kind of terrified about taking baby outside in that heat. 
    I'm going to get a plastic pool for the backyard for my older two but it won't be the same and they're old enough to want to go to the real pool. I don't want to take a newborn in the pool because of chlorine, but also can't have him outside the pool in the heat. 
    Maybe this is a weird hormonal freak out lol.
  • @May14th2011 DS was a June baby, so I know what to expect, but I’m not overly excited about another summer baby. It’s hot and humid here, so I have to get going early to do outdoor stuff. It gets too hot for newborns (IMO) outside by like 10am. I try to do the park in the early morning and then the indoor children’s museum if we get going late. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @may14th2011 I get alittle concerned. we get rough humidity here by late july into august. but the temps don't usually get in the 100s. we also don't have a/c, so we'll have to finally cave and figure out a way to block rooms for some window units I guess. do parks and such in the AM.
    I do feel bad cause of the pool with my oldest. He's only 5 and I don't trust him in by himself (not a swimmer at all). so I can't take him to a pool by myself cause of baby.
    my only option is going to be to take day trips to my parents camp once I'm released to swim. I'm sure my mom would happily stay in the camp with the baby.
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    On the summer activities- is anyone on the fence about booking a summer vacation because of the baby?  DD will be 18 months old this summer, which means she would have more fun at the beach than she did last year- but it's not like she will remember if we didn't go on vacation because her little brother was born.  But we didn't go on vacation last year- we bought a house, had a baby, I was SAHM so money was tight.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 we're skipping our family's annual Florida trip. Partly because of baby (they're going the 3rd week of June) and partly because timing won't work for DH. 
    Sucks, but we'll do something next year. 
  • @jsl82 I just booked flights for me, DD and the baby to go see my brother in DC in August. He and his GF just bought a condo and we've never been out to see them. My mom and dad are going along so they'll be helping with the kiddos and my sister will be flying out for a portion. It'll be a nice way to end our maternity leave! I am a little nervous about flying with DD (6 years old) and a 8-10 week old baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't want to keep adulting today.  

The weather is fairly decent here for once so I think DH is going to grill tonight.  Hopefully it's not too windy.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 MH grills rain or shine, cold or hot lol.  He's crazy but I let him do his thing without complaint!
  • @jsl82 We are skipping our annual trip home to Missouri in July, but just rented a beach house in August in the Hamptons. We can drive there and figured it would be easier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @May14th2011 Humidity is only reason that I'm hoping ours will be early .... although we've had crazy humidity in May as well.
    But I totally feel you on heat vs newborn!!
  • Even though I'm - so far - just belly, am I crazy for already trying to plan out how I'll lose any baby weight?
    Not even crazy intense stuff, but like thinking "oh I'll do yoga when my H is home and I'm healed. I'm gonna make sure I try to walk at least once a day"

I swear, it's got to be me being self conscious about the scale numbers ....
    Yes. Tell me I'm crazy lol!
  • @MissKittyDanger No, you are not crazy. I've already told MH I want a Peloton bike for a "push present" (<---hate that term by the way). I currently take their spin classes in the NY studio, but figure I won't have the luxury of going to regular workouts after the babies are here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I recently saw a commercial for one of those bikes and I oohed and aahed over it for a solid hour afterwards after googling it.  It looks so awesome and I miss spinning!  I question if I'd ever use it though since my gym offers spinning and I've been maybe 5x since it opened last September. 
  • @LaceyBee522 That is an amazing idea! One of the partners at my old firm has a Peloton, and he and his wife literally made a special trip to NYC (from Houston) just to take a live class with their favorite instructor. Obsessed and cannot say enough good things about it.

@aharv77 I'm excited for you! Did you travel that early with your first? I have a friend who's a 3.5 hour flight away and would so love to spend a week of my maternity leave with her and her kiddos, but I'm afraid to commit to traveling with an infant. Any success stories welcome!

@stephcat421 Fairlife is the best. Also, props to you for reading the fine print about after-open expiration. It took us a while to figure that one out, but in the meantime we drank 3-4 week old open milk without any issues so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @MissKittyDanger Nope, I'm planning it too. I was overweight before I got pregnant, so I definitely need to get my butt into gear after baby comes. I'm giving myself 6 weeks after baby to be unhealthy and recover, then I'm going full Paleo, and going to try walking/home workouts. I'd love to go to the gym, but none of ours have childcare and DH is not home reliably enough for me to go regularly. 
  • @MissKittyDanger nope not crazy, I'm rejoining weight watchers within the week postpartum. They have a plan to follow breastfeeding and I told DH I feel like I've lost a lot of my order without being on plan these last 6 months. Plus, I dare say if we did a survey of weight gained so far, I'd win! Seeing the scale has gotten me so down...
  • @2589 @becca_123 It's sunny and 38* so relatively nice for the midwest
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I take it back.... it's raining and DH is making me bake the chicken  :s
  • If anyone is bored tonight, Pregnant Chicken has people posting their labor experience using only a gif. It’s a pretty fun time killer. 
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2256748047676121&id=111779228839691&set=a.156196991064581.32408.111779228839691

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m looking forward to a summer baby. My mom and dad are teachers so they have the summers off. I’ll have the most help in June and July. DH travels a lot for work, the majority is sept-early dec but things start to pick up in the summer with the picnics. I’m hoping he’s gone a lot so I can have ample help without him being tires of my parents and his aunt being here. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • @ffw0617 I agree! MIL is a teacher and her school year ends the same week I’m due. It will be SO nice to have her here to help with DS while I recover from labor and a lot of my attention is being diverted to the new little one. 
  • You guys... growing pains in toddlers SUCK!  Poor dd, I hate when she wakes up with them. It's so hard to calm her down.  Tonight I basically had to dismantle our bathroom cupboard because dh can't look for anything and also doesn't put stuff away in the right spots so i could find some freaking children's motrin for her. Poor girl was bawling and writhing around the whole time. :(
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emiliadkay I've never traveled via plane with my first! We did a lot of car trips between 2-5 hours and she's a champ that way. I'm also welcoming good vibes for travel with two kiddos and any suggestions to make it a little easier!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • izza2izza2 member
    @krashke - I never noticed that, but just went back through to see who it was. She's a 1/1'er and has only been active for a couple of weeks, so she doesn't understand anything yet. :expressionless: She's still getting sticky noted, but at least she's not trying to WK all over the place. :neutral:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023