September 2018 Moms

Deals, Steals, and Freebies

Re: Deals, Steals, and Freebies

• @ellbeedee I wonder if it would be the same in Canada. Can you post a pic? I want to see the onesie!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• ellbeedee said:
    I got the Amazon welcome box! Just had to make a registry and then order one 10 dollar item off it. My box had a muslin swaddle, a ton of diapers, a burts bees onesie, and a bunch of coupons and samples.
    My Amazon welcome box sucked last time! I’ll have to try again...
    Mine was definitely not that good last time either!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Target has a sale for some Graco car seats and some Fisher Price gear FYI
  • Is the welcome box a one time thing? Or do you get packages more than once?
  • ellbeedee said:
    I got the Amazon welcome box! Just had to make a registry and then order one 10 dollar item off it. My box had a muslin swaddle, a ton of diapers, a burts bees onesie, and a bunch of coupons and samples.
    My Amazon welcome box sucked last time! I’ll have to try again...
    Mine was definitely not that good last time either!

I think they vary pretty heavily based on what amazon has surpluses of at the time. Mine last one was by far the best of all the welcome kits we got, but nowhere near what ellbeedee got

• @fwtx5815 Do you happen to know how long the coupon is good for once you trade in? We are planning to trade in our old car seat to get a new one, but I’d like to buy it as close to September as possible so the expiration is farther out (in case we have another in the next few years). 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @nlc8424 Target also has the Graco convertible car seats 10-20% off about every other month on their Cartwheel App
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited March 2018
    @smsaulino good to know, I'm not in need of a car seat since DS is in a convertible car seat now and we also have an infant seat that hasn't expired.

ETA: wrong thread that I replied to, will move the contents.
  • @fwtx5815 Do you happen to know how long the coupon is good for once you trade in? We are planning to trade in our old car seat to get a new one, but I’d like to buy it as close to September as possible so the expiration is farther out (in case we have another in the next few years). 
    I don’t know yet but I think we might try to get this done today, so I’ll report back 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @southernlady07 so DH went by himself today to do the trade-in. I asked him specifically to check the expiration date of the coupon, but they had run out of physical coupons to hand out (still got the discount though). Sorry! 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @ellbeedee are those samples from Target or where? 

• @ellbeedee nevermind. I missed where you said it was Amazon box. I'm headed there now to make a small registry to get a box. lol 

• This blog has links to several free items using her coupon code. 

https://loveandmarriageblog.com/things-moms-need/
  • 25% off all Mustela maternity products until 3/14 at Mustelausa.com with code MATERNITY25 

• Does anyone know if you can make a second Amazon registry or if I need to reuse/redo my old one from my son?

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Does anyone know if you can make a second Amazon registry or if I need to reuse/redo my old one from my son?
    I’m not sure but I think in order to get the completion discount you have to delete the old one and start over. My sister and I both use my aunt’s account (yay for Prime) and she couldn’t make her own until mine was deleted.
  • @chicandbubbly if you delete the old one, you can create a new one. It’s still telling me that my completion code is expired though. Hoping that updates as we get closer to the due date. I’m also unclear on whether or not im eligible for another welcome box 
  • @nackie That's weird. I deleted my old one and made a new one and it give me a future date for the completion discount (July, I believe). I also met all the requirements for the welcome box, but they are "all out" right now and will notify me when they go back in stock. Fx that means cool new stuff! My last box sucked. But I did score a good price on an add-on baby monitor camera, so there's that!
  • Wow, this is making me wonder what the right time to try to get an Amazon box is... it seems to vary widely! @wishilivedinflorida I'm super tempted since you said they have to restock...

• Costco Canada has some pretty good baby sales online until March 18
  • This is for us, motherhood maternity is 30% off site wide through Tuesday. 30% isn't too much, but figured I would mention it.
  • Old Navy has 40% everything right now. Great for maternity basics!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• I don't know how the Baby Jogger Vue stroller is, but what I assume is an older model is on Zulily for $70.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @klj0228 Thank you for that info! Our insurance does this and I'll get all my prenatal vitamins covered. I wouldn't have even thought to look!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Target had a ton of maternity clearance, getting room for Spring / Summer clothes I guess My store had lots of work appropriate tops amd dresses and great quality yoga pants. 
  • A friend told me Babies-R-Us is going out of business. Has anyone scoped it out? Do they have any good clearance deals? The closest one to us is a bit of a hike so I don't want to go unless I know it'll be worthwhile.

• @adirat I think I read awile ago that toys r us is downsizing so that might mean they are also closing some BRU. I would call or somehow check local ads before making the drive
  • @adirat H went to one this weekend after hearing that, but no good sales. At least nothing we were scoping out (strollers, car seats). Maybe once they’re closer to closing day?
  • Originally it sounded like some TRU and BRU were closing. The one closest to me was on the chopping block but I was just there last weekend and they said they weren't closing. This week it's starting to come out that all TRU may be closing. I'm not sure if this includes BRU too, but I really hope not.

For the stores that are closing, deals have sucked because as far as I know they were planning to transfer inventory to stores that were staying open rather than selling it off.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I don't know how the Baby Jogger Vue stroller is, but what I assume is an older model is on Zulily for $70.
    We have this stroller! I wanted an umbrella stroller that would be easy for travel- it worked perfectly. It's cool because it can face you in addition to the front. It's not the most attractive lol but I highly recommend it for an umbrella stroller.

• @adirat Our BRU is closing, and the sales are “UP TO 40%.” Which means most everything is only still 10% off, which isn’t a deal and brings most items closer to amazon pricing. Our TRU is still open and has a baby inventory section, so I suspect extra inventory will be sent there as @DanyTargaryen suggested. Also, everything is final sale, so you can’t return anything, even at a non-closing BRU or TRU, so I’m skipping it altogether. I am super bummed, though, because BRU has a lot of stuff our Target or Walmart doesn’t carry and I liked their line of Koala Kids clothes. And their registry rewards program basically got me a free convertible car seat. Looks like Amazon will be getting even more of my business now!
  • Target has 15% off a lot of their Chicco products if you use your red card.
  • Gift Cards will be accepted for 30 days, but that does not mean specific locations might close sooner.

According to a USA Today article I read yesterday, as of right now, the BRU registries and online store are going to be kept open with the hopes that someone will buy the business and keep it going.

I really wanted to buy the same crib for this LO as we have for DS, but I was waiting to find out the sex before picking a color. I imagine I'm 7 weeks from my a/s so I'm just hoping they keep the website going for a couple months at least!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • In our city, only one of 5+ BRU/TRU is actually having a closing sale as of right now, and not even a good one. If you live in a big area, I'd try to find out if it has a sale going on before driving out to it. 
  • Walgreens has vitamins on sale! Some are buy one get one 1/2 off and some are buy one get one free