October 2018 Moms

Randoms 3/8

Re: Randoms 3/8

• @cdepperschmidt - Maybe you should post it up in the things that crack you up thread?  ;)
  • @pumpkinpancake Last pregnancy at 16 weeks I was in a horrible car crash where the airbags deployed and we rolled a couple of times. Doctors were so confindent that baby was fine they didn’t even feel the need to do an ultrasound but I demanded it and he was totally fine. They’re really safe and secure in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve become even more anti-social than before.  We usually meet up with my parents for Happy Hour on Fridays, but I feel like shiiiiiit.  I feel bad because my husband has to be bored of just sitting around.  And I feel bad because I know my kids want to see Grandma and Papa. Uggghh.  I told my husband he could take the kids, but that was a no-go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh!!!! Pretty sure I’m coming down with something. My whole body hurts... :(:(
  • Today was the day from hell. I woke up with s migraine, but thought maybe it was just a headache. Nope. I usually get sick once and then am just nauseous the rest of the day. I got sick 4x today and felt like I was dying. Of course my husband was working so I had to take care of both kids by myself all day. I just need tomorrow to be better. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 oh you poor thing! Sending all the feelz. I can't even handle my one when i feel like that :-(
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @hellopartyof5 pregnancy migraines when you can’t take anything are the worst. I hope you feel better tomorrow 
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    @hellopartyof5 Hope you start to feel better soon and that tomorrow is a much better day for you!
  • @hellopartyof5 I’m so sorry. Migraines are the literal worst. I hope it only lasts one day for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys! I only started getting migraines when I began weaning my 16 mo old. And ever since then it's been at least once a month (sometimes twice) around my period. So I'm wondering what sort of hormone craziness is going on in my body right now. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 AHH that does not bode well. I so hope it’s not a recurring issue for you. I’ve had two migraines ever in my life and they were unbelievable. Three days of lying on the bathroom floor in the dark each time. Do you have any meds you can take in case it happens again? Is imatrex pregnancy safe?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hellopartyof5 sorry to hear it! Hopefully today is a better day for you. 
  • Today is the first day I've genuinely missed alcohol. Could seriously use a Sunday Funday!
  • @DunkinDecaf honestly I was just waiting until DD was completely weaned before I brought it up to my dr because I realized it was all hormones. Of course I got pregnant before she was fully weaned.  I really didn't think it would be a problem while I was pregnant, but I definitely will be bringing it up at my next Drs appt. At least when I wasn't pregnant if I could it early enough and took an ibuprofen I would be ok. If I didn't I was throwing up and a complete mess, so hopefully we can come up with a solution. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Excedrin Tension Headache for migraine sufferers. It contains acetaminophen and caffeine. Other than prescription meds this helped save my head last pregnancy. 
  • mesamyt said:
    Excedrin Tension Headache for migraine sufferers. It contains acetaminophen and caffeine. Other than prescription meds this helped save my head last pregnancy. 
    I didn't know I could still take this!! We KEEP this stuff in our house because DH gets migraines, and since I'm used to taking this, regular tylenol doesn't even touch my headaches. 
  • @lynzev just make sure the version of Excedrin you have doesn’t contain aspirin. Some formulations have it in addition to the caffeine and acetaminophen. I had to toss mine for that reason. 
  • @hellopartyof5 feeling any better?
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    @lynzev Yep, @quiltandknit is correct. Excedrin often has aspirin in it, which is a no-go during pregnancy (unless your doctor says you can as a last resort).
  • I think it’s the Tension headache one that is just tylonel and caffeine. 
  • @chopchop25 yesterday was pretty good, but by the night I started getting s headache again. Took a Tylenol right when it started and it didn't get worse but also didn't get better. Still there today. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Ugh, sorry it's still there @hellopartyof5. That does not sound like fun.
  • Durn it. Ours has aspirin in it. I'll grab the tension kind on my next store run.
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    Not sure if this will apply to Babies R Us too, but might be good for some early shopping. Blowout sales ahead of store closings.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/toys-r-us-stores-closing-sales-2018-3?utm_content=buffer7b0fd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-insider-main
  • We are getting somewhere between 12-18 inches of snow tomorrow.  Which means I won't have to come to work, but that I do have to come in on Friday (I normally work M-Th). 

Lame-O.

image        image

• @hellopartyof5 Are you having any tension in your neck? Many of my headaches start there and increase with time. 
  • @stithof not today, but that has definitely happened with my previous migraines. The worst when you think you just slept weird and it keeps progressing :( 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Not sure if this will apply to Babies R Us too, but might be good for some early shopping. Blowout sales ahead of store closings.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/toys-r-us-stores-closing-sales-2018-3?utm_content=buffer7b0fd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-insider-main
    I"ve been wondering this too. We saw a really cute bed set when we went a few weeks ago just to browse.
  • @hellopartyof5 Girl, I feel you. No stranger to headaches here!
  • @chopchop25 even if BRU doesn’t go out of business, toys r us has a decent babies section. I’m going to swing by tomorrow and see if their diapers are cheap.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went by my Babies R Us yesterday, and there were no mark downs yet.  However, I noticed that they have a wider selection of cribs at various price points than Buy Buy Baby, so I will probably drag Blast’s Guncle over there when they start advertising to pick one up.  (Sorry- I can’t see paying $600 for something that will only be used for a short period.)
  • @knottieamusements Got this crib from Target and put it together over the weekend. I really like it because it's not huge and fussy, but appears to be sturdy and fit our budget. 

It's worth noting that once babies start standing, they do a considerable amount of jumping up and down in their crib after waking up. That's why I didn't go for a mini crib or one on wheels.
  • My mom told me over the weekend she still has my brother and sister's crib's (they are 8 and 10!). I was so excited. My brother's is brown, which is what I want. It's also one that converts into a toddler bed.
  • TW (not pregnancy related, but violent crime)

Almost a year ago there was a shooting where I live (central Wisconsin). The estranged husband of a friend killed two of her coworkers (I left the bank three years ago, but worked there for 10+ years and my dad was there for 40. these people are family) as well as her attorney and a police officer. One of the women was an especially close friend of mine and tomorrow I am joining her husband at the bank for a press conference announcing a scholarship fund in her name. This is something she would be proud of and I know it is a good thing, but I am dreading having to react publicly (again) to the situation and just the whole thing. I still have so much processing to do personally, and with the addition of pregnancy hormones I am worried about not managing as well as I should. I am not considering not being there, just needed to throw this out there I guess. I almost cried when I got a paper cut the other day because I was just so tired and, well, pregnant...can I really function as a human being in a situation that is so far away from normal?

Thanks for reading. And I promise to go back to lighter topics.

• @norahkate - If you cry, no one will judge you. I’m so sorry for your loss. 
  • @norahkate I am so sorry for your loss. And what is 'managing as well as I should?' It's okay to grieve in whatever way you need. If you personally just can't handle it, I think that's okay as well, but I don't think you should worry so much about how you show up/react. Sending you lots of creepy internet hugs.
  • @norahkate that is certainly a tough situation but you're friend will be there with you in spirit and it's a wonderful way to keep her memory alive
  • @norahkate - I would probably be very emotional if I wasn't pregnant. Your friend would appreciate you being there, and if you break down I'm sure no one will judge. So sorry for your loss, especially in such a tragic way. <3
  • @norahkate I think it is a tough situation for anyone let alone a hormonal pregnant women to go through. So don't feel ashamed for getting emotional over such a tragic thing to happen to one of your close friends. I'm sure the event will be emotional for all involved and you won't be the only one. That is such a great way to honor her and hopefully it will bring some joy to the family. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• thank you all for the support. seriously. I suppose it only makes sense that there is no good response to this, just scares me to be less in control of my emotions.