TTC After a Loss

Fitness Friday Check-In

Looks like a fair amount of us have a fitness goal, so I thought this might be a fun way to touch base with all y'all in the same boat.

1. What is your March fitness goal?
2. What is your favorite exercise right now?
3. Successes/Support?
4. What is your favorite non-water beverage?
Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Fitness Friday Check-In

• 1. I am signed up for a 10-mile race beginning of April. Not sure I will be able to complete it, but plan to focus on running in March and complete at least one 6-mile run.

2. Right now, I really enjoy tire flips because they make me feel way stronger than I actually am.

3. The last time I went to boot camp, I told the trainer I was pregnant (thought I was 9 weeks then, and seemed right to tell him). So, the next time I go I will have to tell him I miscarried. This is something I'm nervous about and might delay my fitness goals.

4. I don't know why but I've been drinking tons of cranberry juice lately (at least I'm getting the 100% juice version). Makes me feel like a big kid but at least it's better than soda right?
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21

• Good Idea!
    1. What is your March fitness goal? Stick to my beachbody program and continue to eat healthy, tone up, and drop pounds. 
    2. What is your favorite exercise right now? Roller skating. 
    3. Successes/Support? Right now I've jumped up a few pounds as I'm WTO. I just have to remember to stick to my goals, because then usually several days after O I drop those few pounds again easily. I've lost about 5 lbs. so far and need to get down another 18 before my RE will give me Clomid. 
    4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? Oh  man, Water is my favorite beverage. I'm drinking Shakeology right now and if I put Dark Chocolate Almond Milk in it it's great! Non-health wise, I guess I'd go with sweet white wine.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What is your March fitness goal? I’d like to start working out 3 times per week.
    2. What is your favorite exercise right now? Spin class!
    3. Successes/Support? No success yet as I just started, but I am laser-focused.
    4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? I know this sounds bougie, but I love LaCroix. Specifically, pomegranate LaCroix!
  • 1. Just consistency. I want to make sure I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I have to go at 5 am and it's hard to get out of bed some mornings. 
    2. I am "enjoying" the challenge of the stair master right now. 
    3. I ran 3 miles in less than 30 minutes which was a goal of mine. Now i'd like to get that down to 27 minutes.
    4. Lots of unhealthy things like shakes and alcohol haha.

@Kabazaba I would love to do a 10 mile run I just don't have the time for the training. Getting in 3 miles nowadays is stretching it for me. I did a 10K 9 years ago and it was exhilerating! You should definitely do it if you can! Also, I understand about not wanting to see the trainer. That's tough. It's not easy to divulge that news on anyone. I hope it goes as well as possible.
    @dpjennifer yes sweet white wine!
    @cassafrass15 I've never even heard of LaCroix
  • @dpjennifer - Weight fluctuation is such a struggle. Ugh, I feel like in any given month depending on where I am in my cycle I could easily be +/- several pounds. I try to just weigh myself about once a month because otherwise I get so caught up in daily fluctuations. Also, definitely been enjoying the sweet white wine this week while I can.

@cassafrass15 - I also love spin! I used to take this spin class once a week that was 45 min spin + 15 min foam rolling and it was THE BEST. Just long enough on the bike to work up a sweat and feel like a work-out, followed by 15 min of relaxing and stretching. Highly recommend something like that if you can find it :) Also La Croix is awesome - I like the pampelmousse flavor 100% because I like saying pampelmousse (so much better than "grapefruit").

@Kath525 - I'm super impressed with your 3 miles in under 30 min. I like running but am soo slow, it's like a life goal to do a 5K in under 30 min. I bet your days are really productive when you're able to get up and to the gym by 5am -- way to get the (for me anyway) hard part of the day over with first.

• 1. What is your March fitness goal? I want to add the elliptical in a couple days a week to see if it helps my hip

2. What is your favorite exercise right now? Jazzercise is my favorite. I love running but can’t do it right now and may not be able ever again

3. Successes/Support? My DH is supportive he uses the elliptical.  I hate machines so having him behind me is helpful 

4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? I like water but love pop I drink a lot of diet vernors 
  • 1. What is your March fitness goal? To join a yoga studio again and go for a walk any nice non-rainy day that I'm not going to yoga!
    2. What is your favorite exercise right now? OH gosh, guys... I've been so sedentary since my MC.  I've cleaned up the products we use at home, my makeup, overhauled my diet, drink more water, more sleep, vitamins.... it's time.  I've basically been saving any physical activity for last because it's so hard for me to motivate myself with the way I've been feeling lately.
    3. Successes/Support?  See above.  I just feel like I've been put through the wringer for the better part of a year...and I know DOING something will help once I start, it's just the starting it part that's so hard for me!
    4. What is your favorite non-water beverage?  Pom juice??  LOL #ttclife

@cassafrass15 I don't think lacroix makes you sound bougie! lol!  I like it, too!  And it's something DH won't drink so I can buy it and not have it all be gone before I get any! haha
  • 1. What is your March fitness goal? Keep going to my gym/yoga studio regularly.

2. What is your favorite exercise right now? I’ve really been enjoying the strength-focused yoga class I’ve been going to, but I also like their interval training course (even though I feel like dying halfway through it...)

3. Successes/Support? I’ve been dragging myself out of the house. I kept dissuading myself from starting something, saying ‘oh, I can’t keep doing it when I get pg so...’. now I’m doing yoga mostly so I don’t have the excuse. Works well enough, and I do need the meditation tbh. 

4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? Seltzer! I’m so happy it’s getting popular so I can buy it more easily.

@ccvslp I totally sympathize with not feeling up for it. I really recommend going to yoga, and I’m really not a ‘yoga person’ (if that makes sense). It’s helped a lot. 
    @Kabazaba Slow runners’ club! *high five* Great thread idea, btw. As far as telling your trainer- I’ve found the vast majority of people I’ve either had to tell or chose to tell about my losses have been compassionate and respectful of any boundaries that I set. I get where the anxiety comes from, though :(
    @Kath525 Congrats on reaching your goal, that’s great!
    @cassafrass15 Spin is a lot of fun! It’s so motivating- you can totally stick with it!
    @Mack2342 I’m sorry you can’t do your favorite exercise, that stinks. I hope you find something that works well for you :)
  • 1. What is your March fitness goal?
    We will be taking a break from TTC since I have a work trip to Costa Rica in April and there is a Zika risk, so my goal is to get back to tracking my macros, get to the gym 4-5 times a week and (re-)lose 4lb of body fat that I gained back this winter after working so hard to get it off this past summer. 
    I am for certain addicted to Orangetheory Fitness, I have been going for the past 2.5 years. Loooove it!  
    3. Successes/Support?
    I worked really hard to recomposition my body last summer and got my 27% body fat down to 16%. But, I let up quite a bit once we started TTC so it's crept back up. 
    4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? I have a Mt Dew problem for sure. :)

@Kanazawa Good luck with your race!  
    @cassafrass15 I love those!  I also have a problem with Strawberrt Perrier!  :)
    @lin0422 I am so jealous of the yoga people - I am the most inflexible person ever. 
    I don't do monthly goals, but my overall goal since starting ttc and also in general is to eat more (and healthier), and walk 30 min a day. I'm not big on working out and absolutely loathe gyms, but I live next to a giant woodland park, and since I bus home I can get off the bus a few stops earlier. 

Walking! It's pretty much the only exercise I do. 

3. Successes/Support?
    I've gained a little weight, which is good for me since I've been underweight my whole life. I finally managed to start eating breakfast at work consistently, which is pretty important when you wake up at 5:30 am and don't eat lunch before noon. I subscribed to a bi-weekly fruit & veg delivery service, so I'm cooking a lot of green stuff and I'm enjoying it all!

4. What is your favorite non-water beverage?
    Coffee. I drink way too much coffee. When/if I get PG it'll be the hardest thing to give up. Otherwise I drink a lot of LaCroix these days, husband got obsessed and now we always have it in the fridge, lol. 

@BuckeyeNut05, I'll join you there, can't do yoga for the life of me. I'm so inflexible I couldn't even touch my own toes without bending my legs as a teen!
  • 1. What is your March fitness goal? Before my BFP I was starting to eat healthier. I slacked a little after that because well, carbs.... But I was starting to make better choices again. This weekend's been tough but back to work and health tomorrow. 

2. What is your favorite exercise right now? No exercise allowed  (2wk recovery from D&E) but want to get back to doing yoga and maybe (really big maybe) get some treadmill time in. It's just difficult with DS's sleep situation...

3. Successes/Support? 

4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? Ginger ale, bubbly things. I can't get into seltzer though, all I've tried have strange aftertaste. And grape juice is top notch lately.
  • ble1ble1 member
    @Kabazaba this is such a great idea! I like monthly goals
    1. What is your March fitness goal? Go for walks 3-4 times a week, and pay more attention to what I am eating
    2. What is your favorite exercise right now? None right now d&e last week so currently letting my body rest
    3. Successes/Support? 
    4. What is your favorite non-water beverage? Coffee, ginger ale, unsweet/sweet tea
  • I'm so slow catching up with everyone!

@Mack2342 I remember the first time I tried an elliptical I could only do it for like 8 minutes. Still don't know if it was just me being out of shape/bad at the machine, or the resistance, but man did it kick my ass. I know they are great for not being too hard on knees/hips, like running. I hope it works for you!

@ccvslp I would be so impressed if I did everything you did! The exercise is the easy/avoid everything else in my life part for me, but then I go home and stuff my face with cupcakes...

@lin0442 Strength-yoga is such a great idea. I have ben trying to teach myself to like seltzer water. Do you have any specific things you like with it (lemon), or do you just drink it plain?

@BuckeyeNut05 I hope you have a great trip to Costa Rica! I tried 1 OTF class and had a lot of fun, esp with the ergometers, but got sticker shock with the heart rate monitor. Has yours lasted the whole 2.5 years?

@grebretso Congrats on the healthy weight gain! I think it's a great idea getting in your daily walking by getting off a few stops early and walking through the wooded area.

@prplbttrfly77 & @ble1 take it easy the next couple weeks! Don't want to start back too quickly and set yourself or your body back.

• @Kabazaba there is definitely some sticker shock involved. OTF is the one "me" thing I have and being healthy is so important to how well I feel so that is how I justify it. It is the only place I've found that I love and will go to 4-5 times per week so for me, it's worth it. 

I am am excited to go to Costa Rica but I'd be much more excited if I knew the whole trip wouldn't be spent indoors at a manufacturing plant!
  • I just realized I never answered your question. I've gone through 3 heart rate monitors in the last 2.5 years!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 3 monitors in 2.5 years seems like so many! I keep hoping they'll come out with a way I can use my Apple watch in workouts vs buying their specific HR monitor. Glad you enjoy it though and it helps keep you healthy!

Reactivated my gym membership when I got pregnant in hopes of staying relatively active then promptly stopped altogether after my MC. So just going on a regular basis is my biggest goal. Also gained a quick few lbs in my early pregnancy that did not quickly disappear after MC so it's time to get rid of that! 

Love the treadmill. Obsess with stats and pb's. Used to run an easy 5k in 30 min and then got busy with work over the fall/winter and I have to force myself to run for 30 mins straight. Looking forward to getting back to me. 

3. Successes/Support?
    This week is March Break so no work for me. So far I've been to the gym 2 days in a row. Hoping this will be the start of an actual workout routine. 

4. What is your favorite non-water beverage?
    Kombucha! Delicious and bubbly and healthy! Unfortunately another thing to give up when you're pregnant.... And also ginger beer! Yum!