November 2018 Moms
Options

Someone please help me understand!

I had an ultrasound today. They found just the sac, measuring “4 weeks”. Here’s the thing, I know I had to have ovulated earlier based on tracking my CM and symptoms. I ovulated anywhere from February 14 - 16 . Based on my LMP I should be 5 weeks today. So I was assuming I’d be maybe even a couple of days further along because of ovulating so early. 
A little info that can help you help me. Please ladies I need all the hope I can get. 
Lmp was Feb 3
I got my BFP Feb 26
I know someone is going to mention possibly ovulating late, the thing is the last time me and hubby bd was Feb 13 . So I don’t know how long sperm can last for me to have conceived a whole week later when I possibly “ovulated” later. 
Has anyone measured smaller early on and turned out to be fine later? I had my sono today and it was a vaginal one so they could scan appropriately. I’m devastated Idk what to think

Re: Someone please help me understand!

• Options
    I do hope everything is ok. What I can tell you is this, I also tracked like a pro my first time around, and the doctor measured the baby as being not as far along as I was sure he was. I mean I KNEW the day I had to have conceived. I tried to tell my ob but was told something about how cycles can be off etc. I actually didn’t even think about it being a problem and shrugged it off, and just figured they were wrong. I do have a healthy almost one year old today.

• Options
    Thank you so so much! That brings me such a relief! And I’m glad to hear you have your little tot! ♥️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *Lurking* i was temping and do all the trsts/tricks with this pregnancy but never got a full positive ovulation. My periods were off due to recent IUD removal. Turns out i actually did ovulate late after i stopped testing and wasn’t actually having sex. Tracking symptoms for ovulation is always accurate without temping and ovulation tests. Sperm can last up to 7 days so that was my luck! I am 22 wks now and all looks good. Hope it’s the same case with you. 
  • Options
    I think @wildtot meant to say "tracking symptoms for ovulation is **not** always accurate without temping and ovulation tests." :) And I totally agree! If you weren't taking your temperature, you won't know exactly when you ovulated, so you most surely could have ovulated later than you think. If you had fertile CM, sperm could last up to 5 days, so you technically could have ovulated up until February 18th, but it is not an exact science. I'm sorry for the stress you're going through though, OP. Good luck! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    mamaW1416mamaW1416 member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks y’all but I got a clear as day bfp on the 26th of February. This is also how I know I ovulated when I did. I would have not had a solid positive test at just a few dpo if I ovulated late.?
  • Options
    I knew exactly when I could test
  • Options
    @mamaW1416 I got a clear as day BFP on 9dpo, so it's possible to get early BFPs. But no one knows your body, so we can't tell you. You will probably just have to wait until your next appointment. Good luck. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland yes thanks for clearing it up! Good example of why i shouldn’t bump with insomnia lol
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure based on temps. I still nurse my son through the night so they’re not always perfect but they had been right on for ovulation time frame the past two months ttc. 
    Also, yesterday after noon (after sono) I had some very light pink discharge. Then today I had some achiness and when I peed first thing in the morning I had some light pink clear stuff come out into toilet. Very small amount put I could see it. When I wiped it was very very light pink water marks on paper. Happened again mid day. Now it’s light light brown / yellow.
  • Options
    I don’t think an empty sac at 5 weeks is unheard of. Also, the bleeding you experienced could have been from them digging around with the wand. Keeping my FXed for you!
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    I think 6 weeks is when you are really able to start seeing things, sometimes even the HB.  Doesn't sound too unusual at this point... early on, a few millimeters can make all of the difference so the dating could easily be off a bit right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I’m hoping things will work out! I have another appt for my blood draw tomorrow. May ask to schedule another sono in a couple of weeks. Will update here what happens
  • Options
    @mamaW1416
    I would be a few days ahead of you based on LMP (Jan 30) and ovulation on Feb 13 (though I was thinking I ovulated 3 days later due to symptoms, but in retrospect it was probanly implantarion/pregnancy symptoms)

I had an early US 2 days ago at 5w3d, and we only saw the gestational sac, and what the tech said looked like the beginnings of the yolk sac. I don't have the results from the radiologist, so I don't know what they measured/ dated it at. But we texted our family Dr with the info on the way from the appt, and he said it sounded good.  Also was told we wouldn't see or hear a heartbeat until at least 6w. 

If that helps you at all.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you!