November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Week of 3/1

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread.

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!)
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: PGAL Week of 3/1

• Options
    AmandaV88AmandaV88 member
    edited March 2018
    So I'm not completely sure I belong here since I've had two successful pregnancies since my mmc. But the fears and anxiety are still very real so I'd love to be apart of this check-in.

1. 3w6d. My mmc was between week 5&6 so maybe that will help?

2.Really tired but I'm also getting over a cold. A little crampy the last day or so. I know it's a normal symptom but it freaks me out. 

3. Last night was bad with the cramps and backache but I've upped my water today and feeling better. Anxiety is always a nighttime thing for me though. 

4. Not until the first week of April.

5. No raves or rants

6. Pizza!! And Mac N Cheese but the kind out of the box.

Me (25) DH (33), Married 10-29-11

TTC since May 2012

9/13 BW suggests irregular/no ovulation

9/13, First cycle clomid =BFN

10/13, HSG =  Everything normal

10/13,  clomid #2= BFP on 11-4-13, EDD 7-8-14,  MC 11-11-13

Surprise BFP on 1-11-14, EDD 9-18-14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AmandaV88 Of course you belong here! A loss is still a loss, even after having successful pregnancies. It totally makes sense that you're still feeling anxious. I know what you mean about the cramps. My uterus area feels weird a lot of the time and I'm always second guessing if it's worrisome cramps or just normal growing pains. Glad you're getting over your cold! Hope you feel 100% better soon. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    MrsMCBMar2014MrsMCBMar2014 member
    edited March 2018
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 5w1d. No milestone yet. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? So incredibly tired, boobs are so sore and heavy. I swear I’m carrying huge boulders. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I am a wreck. My first ultrasound with my last pregnancy was at 5w6d. Saw a sack & pole. No heartbeat because it was too early. Then at 8w2d saw the same. I just want to see my baby and a heartbeat and get over the 8w3d hurdle. 

4. Any appointment updates? Nope. Waiting for a call back from my OB with my numbers and whether or not I have to go back for repeat blood work. I also want to schedule my ultrasound. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):  I’d love to be able to not fall asleep at work! I have the urge to just put my head down but I can’t because I don’t want to lose my job! 

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Mac & cheese with bacon bits and bread crumbs. I can’t stand it now. 

*the bump ate part of my post so I had to fix it. I lost all the good stuff. Damn you bump!*

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    kbelly777kbelly777 member
    edited March 2018

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    I'm 5 weeks 3 days. No milestones for now. Just watching the lines on the tests get darker each day. 

Nauseous on and off all day and diarrhea :s:s

Most of the time I have a peace about everything. Sometimes the fear begins to creep in, but I am trying to just be grateful for each day. Last pregnancy the bleeding started at 8 weeks and the baby passed at 10 weeks. I think getting past those dates will help a lot.

I had my first blood work drawn Thursday and the levels looked good for early pregnancy. They are rechecking them next Thursday and will schedule my first OB appointment at that time too.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I just got back from a 10 day trip to Israel with my DH and a group from our church. It was amazing. We actually got our first positive test while we were still there.

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Steak and potatoes! I'm an Irish girl through and through. I'm already planning on picking up some steaks because I "need" the iron  ;):p:#

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @offtoneverland @MrsMCBMar2014 @AmandaV88 I just realized you all put Mac and Cheese as your favorite foods! too funny.

• Options
    @kbelly777 And you just had to be the odd one out that chose steak instead of mac and cheese!  :p Good luck with your next blood draw on Thursday! A trip to Israel sounds incredible. I hope you had a great time! That's great that you had the opportunity to go with your church. 
    @MrsMCBMar2014 Did you hear from your doctor yet or do you have to wait until Monday? So sorry you're feeling so anxious. I've been trying my  hardest not to think about a baby or being pregnant. I think it's helping me keep my emotions in check (just a little bit). I feel you on wanting to put my head down at work and take a nap. It's so hard to stay awake, especially when I can't drink coffee. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    How far along are you? Any milestones? I think about 4 wks. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Boobs sore, tired, and so much spit! 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I had a miscarriage in October at around 8 weeks. My pregnancy symptoms are way more noticeable this time. I also got my BFP earlier this time. Those things give me a little hope but I am still nervous. 

4. Any appointment updates? I keep playing phone tag with the scheduling people at my OB’s office. Haven’t been able to schedule anything. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): went to a friend’s mom’s funeral yesterday. Hormonal mess that I am, I cried so hard! 

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!): sushi. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    kbelly777 said:
    @offtoneverland @MrsMCBMar2014 @AmandaV88 I just realized you all put Mac and Cheese as your favorite foods! too funny.

Because it’s AMAZEBALLS! 

• Options

@kbelly777 And you just had to be the odd one out that chose steak instead of mac and cheese!  :p Good luck with your next blood draw on Thursday! A trip to Israel sounds incredible. I hope you had a great time! That's great that you had the opportunity to go with your church. 
    @MrsMCBMar2014 Did you hear from your doctor yet or do you have to wait until Monday? So sorry you're feeling so anxious. I've been trying my  hardest not to think about a baby or being pregnant. I think it's helping me keep my emotions in check (just a little bit). I feel you on wanting to put my head down at work and take a nap. It's so hard to stay awake, especially when I can't drink coffee. 
    @offtoneverland - no call on Friday! I was so disappointed. I even called before they closed but they must have closed early due to the storm. I hope they call me tomorrow. My little is sick and I might be staying home to take care of her, so if they don’t call by 10am, I’m calling them. I need to know!!!! 

• Options
    Lurking in here... @kbelly777 my mother in law just got back from a 10 day trip  to Israel with her church. She was actually the tour guide. She had an amazing time and had so many things to share that we had never heard before.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @wannaflickone small world! We got back Thursday at 2am. Our guide was a male though. It's really hard for me to put into words all I felt and experienced there. It will stay with me for my while life. 

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 4w1d  With my last loss I had a d&c at 9.5 weeks but we knew at 7 weeks it wasn't "normal" but had to wait for the heartbeat to go away... it was awful. I think I'll breathe a little easier once I see an ultrasound with a nice strong heartbeat. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Pretty normal other than exhausted. That might be because I POS at 5am this morning and was in utter shock by the results so I couldn't go back to sleep 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Extremely anxious. We were getting ready to start IVF after 1 more cycle so this was a total shock. I am so worried it will lead to another loss.

4. Any appointment updates? I had my progesterone and hcg drawn today and will repeat the hcg Wednesday

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I am praying this is our miracle baby and we don't have to do IVF!! I'm also a little hopeful because this is the darkest my hpt has ever been this early.

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Anything chocolate. Brownies, reeses, snickers, chocolate chip cookies... yum!

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Your experience with your loss sounds absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Did you get your hcg/progesterone results yet? I'm so anxious for you! My hpt for this pregnancy started out a lot darker than with my previous 3 CPs, so I totally get what you mean about that making you more hopeful. 
    @blovemama I'm so sorry about your friend's mom. That's terrible.  :'( 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - Thank you. I wouldn't wish any kind of loss on my worst enemy. I'm so sorry you've had three CPs. My OB doesn't send out labs until that evening so no results until the next day (plus they didn't call me back until noon so labs weren't drawn until 1 something).
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    So the cramping yesterday turned into bleeding today. Went in for a blood draw and I'm sure I'll have another one but I know enough to know the outcome. 

I'm wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancies <3

Me (25) DH (33), Married 10-29-11

TTC since May 2012

9/13 BW suggests irregular/no ovulation

9/13, First cycle clomid =BFN

10/13, HSG =  Everything normal

10/13,  clomid #2= BFP on 11-4-13, EDD 7-8-14,  MC 11-11-13

Surprise BFP on 1-11-14, EDD 9-18-14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry @AmandaV88
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    AmandaV88, I'm so so sorry. I'm praying for a different outcome for you but I know how hard it is to remain hopeful. I'm so sorry this is happening to you again. Please take care of yourself.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    AmandaV88 I am so so sorry you are going through this again. It's so devesataing. So unfair :(
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 5w4d. I feel like every symptom I get is a milestone. I had very few symptoms last time. Didn't realize I was pregnant until I missed my period. Then I put 2 and 2 together that my boobs had grown a cup size. So every syptom I have is a blessing and reassurance. 

Exhausted and crabby sometimes, but again, grateful for the reassurance. I got pretty nervous the other day that my symptoms had lessened. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Terrified haha. I was a nervous wreck until yesterday. I wish I could have been able to talk to you ladies all week, but there was a technical glitch apparently. Anyway, now I've had some reassurance, but I'm still so scared. 

We had an emergency US yesterday, and saw our sac!!! The relief to know that it's in the right spot, and well positioned (don't have to worry about previa either so that's awesome) is huge. DH almost cried when he saw the US! I think I'll feel better once I hear a heartbeat. But I have to wait until the 12 week appt now. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week?
     DH is sick with the Strep/sinus infection/ laryngitis that I had last month. So taking care of him, and the dog, plus being pregnant and stressed about miscarriage has made for an exhausting week. Plus, my Baba has cancer, and I've had to go give her her injections this week.
    But really, none of that matters because I'm pregnant and that's AMAZING!!!!!!!!

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!)
    I'd probably say.... Jeannes cake. It's from a local bakery. Shortbread bottom, with moist layerd cake, rolled in chocolate curls. But since none of you have probably ever heard of that...Ill say homemade (from scratch of course) belgin waffles with ice cream and fruit. 
    Try it. SO good! ;)
  • Options
    ginjsginjs member
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? It’s after midnight, so technically 5w! I had a CP in December at 4w5d. 

Everything smells terrible, while annoying, this didn’t happen last time so I’m taking it as a good sign. Also, very bloated. 

I tend to be a little anxious naturally, so following the CP I get a little nervous about everything. The bloating makes me occasionally crampy, and that makes me nervous that it’s happening again. I should also stop reading things about my “advanced age” (I’m 37)

I had betas drawn last Tues and Thurs and they more than doubled, so he anxiety subsided for a while! Even the initial draw was so much higher than last time. U/S is scheduled for 3/27. I’m not very patient so that seems like forever away!

5. What's been happening in your life this week?  I had a cold all last week, so I am relieved to finally be feeling better! Also looking forward to having people to talk to here since we aren’t really telling anyone yet. (I have one friend that knows, she is who I went to after the CP)

6. GTKY: What is your absolute favorite food?Sushi! We had high hopes this month so we went out for a big sushi dinner to kick off bd. Glad I got some good sushi in!