October 2018 Moms
Options

PAIF Support Thread Feb. 26

Let's get to know each other. Share with us any IF/loss background you would like to share and how things are going for you now. 

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here. 

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Check in any time during the week you have news to share or need support. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread.

Re: PAIF Support Thread Feb. 26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing exciting happening here this week. Just jealous of all of you graduating and getting away from the progesterone! My RE keeps me until I'm off the progesterone, which isn't until week 12. 

Actually, I could stay with her past that as an OB patient instead of a fertility patient, but I've been thinking and I'm leaning toward going back to my OB (they're in the same practice). I decided this weekend to stick with the practice and switch hospitals. Soooo, that's all fun. 
  • Options
    I'm just so nervous about my upcoming first u/s on Thursday. I've never had a loss; it just took me a very long time to conceive, so I'm not sure why I'm so scared. It's that "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling others have mentioned. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pebbledam I know exactly what you mean. And just to warn you - I felt better after the ultrasound but then when I was laying awake last night, the anxiety came back
  • Options
    @pebbledam I dont know if that feeling goes away. I have had 2 ultrasounds already and I am convinced that at my next one next week they wont find a heartbeat. Its actually making me delay announcing because I am petrified. It sucks how we can't just...you know...be happy, like normal people.
  • Options
    @pebbledam and @kiwi2628 - I can relate so much.  It's hard to not feel like things just won't go right, just because it's been such a struggle so far.  Even after seeing the heartbeat last week I still am so nervous about losing this little one.  I almost think my anxiety is getting worse!

Is anyone doing an NIPT test?  There are lots of "brands" out there (Harmony, Nifty, Panorama to name a few).  I'm torn about whether or not to ask about the baby's sex as they can tell you this information with this test too.  We were originally "team green" but after infertility I think we are done with surprises.  I want to start envisioning our family life again and I think knowing a bit more about our babe will help with that.

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Options
    Hi All,

I left TB in one of the exoduses (exodi?) long ago, but that place fizzled out, so I'm back. I'm a hard core IF vet - counting all my FETs, I've done IVF 12 times and had six losses, ranging from 5-11 weeks. I've literally miscarried every time I've been pregnant, though (TW!!) I do have one living daughter (almost 3) who had a vanishing twin. First u/s yesterday showed two good sacs with fetal structures, so I'm hopeful about this pregnancy, despite my horrific track record. I'll believe we're getting twins if both make it to the a/s, which I really don't expect.

In response to the above, stopping progesterone cold turkey rarely causes any problems, but I'm also a fan of asking for a follow-up blood test. <3
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    @muchwanted welcome! And thanks for the comment about stopping progesterone - I was just about to ask that, too! 

@zwink1 I'm the same way! It feels like it’s the one thing that can still happen “naturally” if you know what I mean? 

@pebbledam I’m with you there. Second u/s on Thursday and I’m trying not to think about it. 

@kiwi2628 I feel you on the anxiety around announcing. I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow, so I know it’s still early, but I’m wondering when to tell family, etc. I’ve kept the rest of this very private, so it just feels weird to open up, I guess, even for something positive. 
  • Options
    I have been trying for years with pcos but no pregnancies until now. My progesterone was a little low and I was put on once a day oral. I asked my midwife on Monday how long I am supposed to take it and if more bloodwork will be done. She said she likes to continue to 13 weeks and no bloodwork as the placenta should have already taken over that job by 13 weeks. So since I haven't been pregnant before would you just go with it or would you request bloodwork? And if so on the bloodwork, when? 
  • Options
    I woke up this morning with a sense of fear about u/s #2 next Monday. My intense nausea has subsided a lot and although I still have mAny symptoms ... my brain is reminding me that missed miscarriages are still a thing. 

im happy that the nausea isn’t so bad that I can’t concentrate but I guess I want to fast forward a month so I can feel more confident about being out of the woods. I guess it doesn’t help that I keep reading about women’s mc this far along. 

Im thankful to have this board to sound my fears since most people in RL are super optimistic and don’t recognize why id be worried.
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    well, i guess something in my mind or body knew something was up.  Went in for 9w1d u/s today.  No heart beat.  Growth stopped at 8w3d.  :(  

i'm kind of in a state of disassociation. i didn't let myself get too attached b/c of the whole IF process.  honestly, my heart hurts more for my husband who is devastated.

i have my D&C tomorrow. 
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Options
    @northbeach3 I am so, so sorry. My heart aches for you. I hope your D&C recovery is fast. So many hugs
  • Options
    @northbeach3 - I'm so very sorry. Please take care of yourself. <3
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    @northbeach3 So sorry - take care of yourself...
  • Options
    @northbeach3 I’m so sorry. Take care of yourself. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    @northbeach3 I am so sorry to see this update. Take care of yourself  <3
  • Options
    halfanewthalfanewt member
    edited March 2018
    Oops, double post 
  • Options
    @northbeach3 I am so so sorry. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Oh, @northbeach3, I am so, so incredibly sorry. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    @northbeach3 sending lots of love and hugs your way
  • Options
    @northbeach3 I am so sorry. Hugs to you 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your kind words. I’m doing okay physically but exerting a lot of mental energy putting on a brave face at work. Ready for the weekend so I can hide out under my blanket and appropriately grieve. 

Thanks for your support. Best of luck in your continued journeys. 

• Options
    @northbeach3 - I'm so sorry for you and YH. Please take care of each other. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker